Moparts

So how bad is the addiction

Posted By: Triple Threat

So how bad is the addiction - 02/11/09 04:46 AM

I'll let you guys decide ..... then you can share your own stories.

My college apartment, share it with 2 roomates, view from the front door. Where is he going with this you might ask.

the hall closet is where

I was worried about my old, rusty and snow covered dana 60 housing sitting in the bed of my truck overnight in the parking lot, so I found a nice place for it with the hot water heater. The roommates are unaware of it and how deep this addiction runs within me. It will probably be there a couple weeks before I head home again.

I take solace in knowing I'm not the only one that does things like this .....
Posted By: 604 Hemi GTX

Re: So how bad is the addiction - 02/11/09 05:02 AM

This addiction you have is normal. I have my crank and rods for my new build in my closet. Don't worry you'll probably never out grow it!
Posted By: ChrisJohnston669

Re: So how bad is the addiction - 02/11/09 05:09 AM

Haha!!! My closet always has goodies for the cuda in it. Is there some ladder bars under your bed?
Posted By: topfueldart

Re: So how bad is the addiction - 02/11/09 05:09 AM

But yet the one with a gearset and powerlock sits outside in the rain and snow..

Re: So how bad is the addiction - 02/11/09 05:11 AM

Last week I was building and wiring/soldering my gauge cluster on the kitchen table. I tried explaining it all to my roommates, they kinda looked at me funny so i just started calling it my craft project. Still waiting on my Boost gauge from summit. This is after i cleaned up. Since then i have wired it all into a 6 pin weather pack connector for easy installation and removal if needed and installed it in the car.

Re: So how bad is the addiction - 02/11/09 05:14 AM

Quote:

Haha!!! My closet always has goodies for the cuda in it. Is there some ladder bars under your bed?

Nope, still waiting for the traction fairy to bring those by.

Quote:

But yet the one with a gearset and powerlock sits outside in the rain and snow..

Its all together and sealed up though. 2" of snow here in town in the past couple hours, still snowing.
Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: So how bad is the addiction - 02/11/09 05:16 AM

Quote:

Last week I was building and wiring/soldering my gauge cluster on the kitchen table. I tried explaining it all to my roommates, they kinda looked at me funny so i just started calling it my craft project. Still waiting on my Boost gauge from summit. This is after i cleaned up. Since then i have wired it all into a 6 pin weather pack connector for easy installation and removal if needed and installed it in the car.

thats a nice looking gingerbread house
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: So how bad is the addiction - 02/11/09 05:20 AM

Untill my garage is climate controlled, My daughter's engine spends its winters in the living room.

Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: So how bad is the addiction - 02/11/09 05:33 AM

I have a new fiberglass bed cover for my Dakota stored in our finished, walk out basement, right next to the HD TV and surround sound system.

in our dining room, I have a rear disc brake set sitting on the floor, and next to that is my new clutch.
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: So how bad is the addiction - 02/11/09 05:34 AM

All my new valve train just went to the shop last weekend. I have stored go fast goodies in the house since I started messing with cars 20 some years ago. Closet is still full of parts for a truck I started redoing in 95'. 1 house, three girlfriends, 1 wife, 3 dogs, 1 barn building, 2 drag car projects (1 that I finished), numerous house repairs or improvements, and probably 20 different vehicle purchases later, and I still have hope that I will find the desire for a lifted truck that is useless in my everyday life other than guzzling gas. Oh yeah, it has a 440/727 and dana 60 front and rear. Yeah the addiction can get the best of you, but hang in there little buddy..............You have a large support group right here. Beep

Attached picture 5017013-09-111(2).JPG
Posted By: quickd100

Re: So how bad is the addiction - 02/11/09 10:33 AM

I had a friend that kept his 300 C's 392 under his bed. And as Red Green said, ' we're all in this together and I'm pull'in for ya '
Dave
Posted By: Sixpak

Re: So how bad is the addiction - 02/11/09 10:57 AM

Better wrap the ends of that rear in plastic - don't want the smell of 90 wt. getting all thru the house once the rear warms up...had a friend I sold a 383 intake to after I had soaked it in carb cleaner, the real stinky stuff. Drove his parents nuts trying to figure out what the smell was, coming from his bedroom...
Posted By: amixon

Re: So how bad is the addiction - 02/11/09 12:30 PM

You are well on your way son!

My name is Anthony and I am a GearHead!I have been a GearHead since 1976 (I was 10)I blame it on my Uncles.

When I moved in my new home I had my cylinder heads, rotating assembly, headers, carbs and such in the front room...

the garage is even worse...

Welcome to the club!
Posted By: BBLM23

Re: So how bad is the addiction - 02/11/09 01:24 PM

Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: So how bad is the addiction - 02/11/09 03:51 PM

I give up a LOT to race my dart. I`m in debt up to my eyeballs, I dream about a 9-sec slip every night,I fantasize about the burnout box more than women and have spent enough money on oil and spark plugs to buy a new truck. As far as parts in the house.....I always assemble the pistons on the rods and rings on the pistons at the kitchen table watching drag racing videos.
Posted By: hot67cuda

Re: So how bad is the addiction - 02/11/09 06:36 PM

Heck I'c polished cranks on the kitchen table and had it all cleaned before the wife got home from workShee cleans schools.lol
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: So how bad is the addiction - 02/11/09 08:34 PM

How about a hemi in the basement?
Posted By: kilroy

Re: So how bad is the addiction - 02/11/09 10:18 PM

Hemis on the carpet none the less!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: So how bad is the addiction - 02/11/09 10:45 PM

I polished all my stainless trim for my 63 Dodge on the island in the kitchen last winter and stored it all under the bed. The pistons/rods out of the 440 got thrown in the dishwasher when she was working a late shift the other night. They came out looking really nice!

I've had brake rotors, cylinder heads and front suspension components stored in the closet over the winter before.

The wife doesn't like it so I usually slip it in and put it in boxes where she doesn't know what it is.
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: So how bad is the addiction - 02/11/09 11:02 PM

While in College I lived in a dorm (3rd floor) I had a complete 440 and set of tires/rims in my 2 person room. The most $$$ end & coffee tables in the building.
Posted By: GoDartGo

Re: So how bad is the addiction - 02/11/09 11:03 PM

my wife hates it when I freeze part to assemble later. "WHAT"S THAT DOING IN MY FREEZER! it's been in your garage!"
That one always bring a warm smile to my face.
Posted By: Scamp408

Re: So how bad is the addiction - 02/11/09 11:15 PM

Try using the dishwasher for a parts washer LOL.
I have my indy heads on the guest room bed.I hope we dont get none.
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: So how bad is the addiction - 02/11/09 11:26 PM

Quote:

How about a hemi in the basement?

That doesn't count That is ART! Sweet
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: So how bad is the addiction - 02/12/09 12:35 AM

I dont bring much into the house anymore, I have a
heated shop... but I use to rebuild all of my dirt
bike engines/trans on the kitchen table(of course
on news paper). I did my Harley engine and trans
there also... it doesnt seem to bother her