Moparts

Gotta love Summit......

Posted By: Keith Richards

Gotta love Summit...... - 02/11/09 02:41 AM

Ordered a set of new slicks today for the Challenger and told the guy I had received my 1st $50 dollar certificate which I have already used and told him I had heard of others getting a second one on the net. He said he had heard about people getting one only. I said ok had to ask and placed my order for the slicks, after he verified my billing info he said to hold on a second. He came back and told me he found out I had another one coming and gave me the $50 . off.
So I have a new set of Hoosiers coming to my door for $519.

Keith
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Gotta love Summit...... - 02/11/09 02:49 AM

Summit rules, just went there an hour ago.

Nice 41 Willy's on display.
Posted By: max

Re: Gotta love Summit...... - 02/11/09 02:53 AM

you must have said a magic word because they weren't as nice to me when i tried to order a set of pistons last month. i told them i never got any of those promo codes and that i had spent plenty of money at there stores the past couple of years.

needless to say they lost a sale to Jegs.
Posted By: go-fish

Re: Gotta love Summit...... - 02/11/09 03:42 AM

Why?
Did Jegs honor your past loyalty to Summit?
Posted By: Diego_Ted

Re: Gotta love Summit...... - 02/11/09 04:04 AM

I used two codes and saved a hundred bucks!!

Diego
Posted By: qwkmopardan

Re: Gotta love Summit...... - 02/11/09 05:27 AM

I got 2 here also. One was reg summit and the other was summit pro shop. Definetly will get my business. Also have received 3 different jackets in the past few years and about 50 hats and several t-shirts. I must be spending too much $$$$$ there.
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Gotta love Summit...... - 02/11/09 05:30 AM

Quote:

I got 2 here also. One was reg summit and the other was summit pro shop. Definetly will get my business. Also have received 3 different jackets in the past few years and about 50 hats and several t-shirts. I must be spending too much $$$$$ there.

thats interesting. I never get anything from Summit except stickers and a razor

Jegs however, sends me T shirts, hats, even a model car one time. I spend just as much money at each store.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Gotta love Summit...... - 02/11/09 01:10 PM

I received two over the past season also...I have had nothing but good experiences with summit and when I have found something I needed that was priced less on Jegs, Summit matched or beat it....

Rickster
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Gotta love Summit...... - 02/11/09 01:53 PM

I use both, usually Summit. They both have some good deals form time to time. I find Summits website easier to use so Online I usually go w/ them.

Re: Gotta love Summit...... - 02/11/09 03:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

thats interesting. I never get anything from Summit except stickers and a razor

Jegs however, sends me T shirts, hats, even a model car one time. I spend just as much money at each store.

same here, i'm about 3 hours south of Jegs and when i stop in one of their stores they treat me like family and i end up with a bunch of their hats, shirts and other stuff even if i'm just stopping by to look around.

if for some reason Jegs don't have what i need in stock at their stores and i order it while i'm there at the store they don't charge me any shipping or handling on it to send it to my house.

i'm not in anyway putting Summit down and will more then likely continue to buy from them in the future but they just don't treat me the same as Jegs.

and Jegs will match Summits prices as well.

Re: Gotta love Summit...... - 02/11/09 03:42 PM

Quote:

Why?
Did Jegs honor your past loyalty to Summit?

actually when i called Summit the first time about the pistons i seen on their web site the salesman told me that the web site price was wrong and that the pistons had went up in price by nearly $23.00 apeice which was right before i started reading on here about the promo codes.

i called Summit back a few days later and mentioned the promo codes to another sales person and i was told that i wasn't going to recieve any codes and the only way at this time i was going to get a promo code was to place a seperate order of $200.00 or more worth of parts.

i bought $500.00 worth of parts roughly a year ago from Summit but he said it didn't count.

i called Jegs which didn't list the part # for the pistons on either their web site or catalog but the fellow looked it up and said the # was still good. he put me on hold while he called the vendor to make sure he could still get them for me.

when he came back to me on the phone he confirmed that the price of the pistons had went up roughly $23.00 apiece with out me telling him what Summit had said.

he brought up Summits web site and found the pistons in question and said it looked as if they never updated the price on them but if i wanted them for what was listed on Summits web site that he would match it.

the pistons were a special order part and i was told it would take about a month for the vendor to make them and to ship them to me, but to my surprise i got them in about 10 days.
Posted By: go-fish

Re: Gotta love Summit...... - 02/12/09 01:54 AM

Gotta winner there Max

I guess it's best to just work both of them. Comparrison shopping
© 2024 Moparts Forums