Moparts

CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut!

Posted By: cudadon

CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/17/16 04:21 PM

Way to go Ray. It was pretty nerve wracking I'm sure.
On the last day his completion ran faster than Ray,a couple times but not enough to overtake him.
Ray won by by like .0064.

Don
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/17/16 04:27 PM

Hell ya Ray does it again............. beer Kudos to ALL who competed and survived and sorry for those that fell off............GREAT JOB RAY.............. beer boogie drive penguin apimp bow
Posted By: BradH

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/17/16 04:36 PM

up
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/17/16 04:40 PM

Good job Ray... thats cutting it pretty close up
wave
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/17/16 05:37 PM

Congratulations Ray, GREAT job. Take the weekend off and get some rest.
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/17/16 06:22 PM

Congratulations Ray!
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/17/16 08:07 PM

Good job Ray!
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/17/16 09:39 PM

Congrats Ray!!
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/17/16 09:48 PM

Great job, Ray! It was easy to find you on the live feed, since you seemed to be first out every day!
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/18/16 01:19 AM

Thanks guys. I have a pretty good story for the last day.

I think I made 7 passes on last day. Maybe more. But on my 2nd to last pass I thought the lanes were closed. I was back in the pits. Taking my jacket pants and shoes off. My phone and keys were laying on a piece of metal i added between the grill and radiator support. Jeff Sias made a pass and it wasnt enough. Sias' copilot walks past my car grabs a bottle of nitrous and tells me he is going to cool off their car. I laugh.

My copilot says they are making another pass. I thought the lanes were closed. He said get dressed and make another. Oh lord, my clothes are soaked. I get dressed. We are arguing about what lane i should try. I go around Sias in the lanes. My copilot notices my car keys laying in front of the radiator and throws them in my car. I go against my copilot and go over to left lane. Make my best pass. On the return road. I hear a huge bang. Grinding and engine shuts off. I get out to look for rods hanging out of the engine. While im looking around. I hear facebook IM dinging. My phone is just sitting there in front of the radiator. Like 4 guys are telling me nice pass. Havnt got to ticket booth so i dont know what I run.

I call my copilot and tell him i blew it up and am worried I wont win if I cant drive it back to pits. He goes to ask Lonnie Grim race director if I have to be towed will i lose. I try to restart motor and it fires up and i drive back to pits. I dont know what happened.

I would not have even made it to DW without Brad Bowers, Tory Shelhamer and my copilot Zac. It was awesome

My CRT 904 got tortured and worked great all week. My Thumpercarb is like efi.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/18/16 01:42 AM

Congrats!!!!!!!!

Just awesome, I watched all five days.......Congrats to all those that competed as well.

And I am sure a bunch of guys are real interested in your combo....So when you catch your self up....Post it up. Definitely one tough combo.

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/18/16 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By sixpackgut
Thanks guys. I have a pretty good story for the last day.

I think I made 7 passes on last day. Maybe more. But on my 2nd to last pass I thought the lanes were closed. I was back in the pits. Taking my jacket pants and shoes off. My phone and keys were laying on a piece of metal i added between the grill and radiator support. Jeff Sias made a pass and it wasnt enough. Sias' copilot walks past my car grabs a bottle of nitrous and tells me he is going to cool off their car. I laugh.

My copilot says they are making another pass. I thought the lanes were closed. He said get dressed and make another. Oh lord, my clothes are soaked. I get dressed. We are arguing about what lane i should try. I go around Sias in the lanes. My copilot notices my car keys laying in front of the radiator and throws them in my car. I go against my copilot and go over to left lane. Make my best pass. On the return road. I hear a huge bang. Grinding and engine shuts off. I get out to look for rods hanging out of the engine. While im looking around. I hear facebook IM dinging. My phone is just sitting there in front of the radiator. Like 4 guys are telling me nice pass. Havnt got to ticket booth so i dont know what I run.

I call my copilot and tell him i blew it up and am worried I wont win if I cant drive it back to pits. He goes to ask Lonnie Grim race director if I have to be towed will i lose. I try to restart motor and it fires up and i drive back to pits. I dont know what happened.

I would not have even made it to DW without Brad Bowers, Tory Shelhamer and my copilot Zac. It was awesome

My CRT 904 got tortured and worked great all week. My Thumpercarb is like efi.

You and your car kicked butt and you should be proud.............glad that 2-circuit kept your plugs clean and your tune mean............. beer
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/18/16 01:49 AM

Congrats on new best. So...what broke???
Posted By: Dragula

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/18/16 04:28 AM

Officially "Hero Status" no doubt......
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/18/16 05:10 AM

Way to go man, that last 9.91 sewed it up for ya. Even though your competition was in a Ford and you guys put on a hell of a show, I gotta give that guy props for being such a consistent threat all week rowin gears, he had some bad passes for sure, but it was a great battle. Him and the 55 Chev both earned lifetime man cards.
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/18/16 02:45 PM

congrats ray good job
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/18/16 04:00 PM

Congrats Ray! Good to meet you.
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/18/16 04:05 PM

Congrats! up
Posted By: ksj

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/18/16 04:26 PM

Great job Ray.Nice chatting with you through out the week.You and Jeff put on one helluva a show.Jeff told me that it was a blast competing with you.Kewl to see a Mopar and a non LS Fox body finishing 1 and 2.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/18/16 08:59 PM

Nice job Ray!!

Hopefully the carnage is minimal.

Soooooo..... What part of that combo is six pak related?? wink

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/18/16 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
Nice job Ray!!

Hopefully the carnage is minimal.

Soooooo..... What part of that combo is six pak related?? wink

The sixpackgut name actually had never been about six packs but my appearance as my stomach has always stuck out even when I was in decent shape.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/19/16 12:26 AM

Great job to all you guys bow

I spoke with Glen yesterday with the '56.Always such an adventure.This addiction will get you guys in trouble.I think we have 4 winners from Long Isand through the years & tears.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/19/16 01:05 PM

Congrats Ray! Well done.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/19/16 01:53 PM

[quote=sixpackgut]Thanks guys. I have a pretty good story for the last day.

My CRT 904 got tortured and worked great all week. My Thumpercarb is like efi. [/quote

Just glad to part of a winning team!! Glad I could help out and was thrilled watching you run all week on live feed. Think I am going to come for your title!! Congrats you deserve it.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/19/16 02:45 PM

Simply awesome Ray, good job!
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/19/16 04:11 PM

Good Job Ray, and thanks for getting me that pump from Jegs!

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/19/16 07:17 PM

Quote:

Just glad to part of a winning team!! Glad I could help out and was thrilled watching you run all week on live feed. Think I am going to come for your title!! Congrats you deserve it.

as long as its a mopar I'll be happy
Posted By: 69RR383

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/19/16 11:47 PM

Congrats! Well deserved!
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/20/16 03:56 PM

Great job Ray !!!
Posted By: tboomer

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/20/16 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By JohnRR
Great job Ray !!!

X2!! Well done!
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/21/16 04:27 PM

Ray did a great job both in preparation and execution. The battle was one of the highlights of Drag Week and it got a lot of attention.

The other neat thing was not only was it a Plymouth vs Ford battle like back in the day but additionally Ray's CID is 426 and Jeff's is 427.

Bill

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/21/16 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By 340Cuda
Ray did a great job both in preparation and execution. The battle was one of the highlights of Drag Week and it got a lot of attention.

The other neat thing was not only was it a Plymouth vs Ford battle like back in the day but additionally Ray's CID is 426 and Jeff's is 427.

Bill

Wow, again, Thanks everyone.

yes, it is true that I was prepared for this DW more than any other. I still had to add some stress to my life and rearranged the carb before I went and it seemed like the things I did worked perfectly.

now to try and see if I can find a little more power
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/22/16 01:33 AM

Congrats Ray! That was an epic battle between you and the Ford and one of the highlights of drag week this year.
It was nice to finally meet you.

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/22/16 03:26 AM

Ray now has "Rock Star" status which is awesome and his achievements are a great gift to the Mopar world as well plus we need help for sure.............. thumbs beer
Posted By: second 70

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/22/16 04:13 AM

Great job Ray How did you figure out your phone on the core support with the facebook app on was good for a .10? Lol
Posted By: RTSE4ME

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/22/16 01:35 PM

Great job! Is this your 3rd win?

Re: CONGRATULATIONS to sixpackgut! - 09/23/16 07:52 PM

Thanks. 2 wins and 2 2nds.
© 2024 Moparts Forums