Moparts

Maria McCandless has passed.

Posted By: hemi-itis

Maria McCandless has passed. - 09/13/16 05:53 PM

I'm sorry if this is a repost,But I read on another forum that Herb lost his best friend.Maria has passed.Prayers to Herb,the boys and all she left behind.
Herb & Maria have come to Long Island to attend a few of the Long Island Mopar Club get togethers,

Rip Mar frown ia bow

Attached picture IMG_1239.JPG
Attached picture LI MOPARS w HERB 043.jpg

Re: Maria McCandless has passed. - 09/13/16 05:56 PM

BURLINGTON – Mrs. Marie Stewart McCandless, 69, of Burlington, passed away on Sunday, September 11, 2016 at the Hospice Home in Burlington.A funeral service will be held at 12 p.m. on Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at the Rich and Thompson Chapel in Burlington with burial to follow at Alamance Memorial Park.The family will receive friends on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. at the Rich and Thompson Funeral Home in Burlington.Complete obituary information will follow. - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/th...pid=181369504&fhid=17619#sthash.AED69ZIA.dpuf
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Maria McCandless has passed. - 09/13/16 06:04 PM

Condolences to the McCandless family. angel
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: Maria McCandless has passed. - 09/13/16 06:30 PM

angel
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Maria McCandless has passed. - 09/13/16 11:32 PM

She was a wonderful lady--When Herb still ran his parts business she ran the office and check book--I was selling Herb engine cores--he paid me a good amount for back then for all I could bring in so I made it a full time business--She just hated seeing me come in the door as she always had top write me a big check--I took her flowers, etc I tried everything --Herb was always thrilled to see our big loads of cores come in but I will always remember Marie writing me those checks and ripping them out of the book. We spoke of it all years later and had a good laugh.
That and I have to tell one more tale--
Went to see Herb one day--he says give me your pocket knife--he had a new whizz bang sharpener--made my pocket knife downright dangerous it was so sharp--later Marie came down to tell Herb something--her arm and thumb was in a cast--she said Herb had sharpened every knife in her kitchen with that thing and she had nearly cut her thumb off! Not funny at the time but looking back at a very strong lady that lived to the fullest.
RIP--what a lady!!
Posted By: Chargerfan68

Re: Maria McCandless has passed. - 09/14/16 05:54 AM

Our condolences to Herb and his family. So sorry to hear this and may she Rest In Peace. Herb is such a great guy.
Posted By: DCM71cuda

Re: Maria McCandless has passed. - 09/15/16 03:53 AM

http://www.richandthompson.com/obituary?id=254165

The trips Herb and Marie made to Long Island were great, and you guys are a phenomenal group. We truly appreciate the kind words and support from the racing and automotive community. This is a loss and pain unlike any other.

Thank you for all of the kind words.

David McCandless
Posted By: hemid68

Re: Maria McCandless has passed. - 09/15/16 05:01 AM

Condolences to the McCandless Family

Re: Maria McCandless has passed. - 09/15/16 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By DCM71cuda
http://www.richandthompson.com/obituary?id=254165

The trips Herb and Marie made to Long Island were great, and you guys are a phenomenal group. We truly appreciate the kind words and support from the racing and automotive community. This is a loss and pain unlike any other.

Thank you for all of the kind words.

David McCandless

David,your pain is our pain.I would like to invite you and Herbs family to ANY of our events.It would be an HONOR to have you all.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Maria McCandless has passed. - 09/15/16 03:46 PM

Prayers to the McCandless family. frown

angel
Posted By: McCandlessboy

Re: Maria McCandless has passed. - 09/15/16 05:59 PM

Thanks everyone. Tough times for sure. The mopar family showed a ton of love for us the past few days. You will see us at a lot of upcoming events. Dad loves his mopar family.
Posted By: dare_dude

Re: Maria McCandless has passed. - 09/15/16 06:25 PM

Sorry for your loss! In our thoughts and prayers!!!!!
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Maria McCandless has passed. - 09/16/16 03:08 AM

My wife was friends with Marie on some quilting forums and I seen the name and location then I told her to ask if she was any relation. To my surprise it was Herb's wife and we exchanged phone numbers and talked about stick racing Mopars. He sent me an autographed 8X10 of his Demon on the bumper thumbs Funny how two worlds come together and make a connection.
My wife sends her condolences to the McCandless family and I wish to add my deepest sympathy to Herb as I know he loved her dearly. pity

Gus
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Maria McCandless has passed. - 09/16/16 03:57 AM

Very sad indeed, my condolences, RIP Maria... angel
Posted By: 383man

Re: Maria McCandless has passed. - 09/16/16 03:21 PM

So sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to Herb and his wonderful family. May she RIP. angel Ron
© 2024 Moparts Forums