Moparts

Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy

Posted By: gofish

Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy - 08/29/16 10:52 PM

Anyone know if this is the long awaited beginning of Dodge's supercharged entry into Factory Stock?

http://www.nhra.com/story/2016/8/29/enders-to-race-in-factory-stock-showdown-at-indy/

Danny
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy - 08/30/16 03:33 PM

The most unattractive paint job I've ever seen.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy - 08/30/16 03:39 PM

I will be following this. Thanks for the link.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy - 08/30/16 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By rickseeman
The most unattractive paint job I've ever seen.

X2 fire that artist
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy - 08/30/16 05:06 PM

It's "real"(ish) cars running heads-up..... I'm good with that.

I'll be watching the results.

The graphics on the mopar car look fine to me.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy - 08/30/16 05:46 PM

She says in the interview "it's a blower car, so that will be cool"
Posted By: topside

Re: Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy - 08/30/16 06:54 PM

Funny that the Dodge slash logo placement makes it look like the car # is 11, and I gotta say the color breaks don't flow with the lines of the car; looks like it was laid out at a hardware store.
Hope she does well, but I think it would've been a wiser choice to put someone who's already a hitter in Stock or SS in the seat.

Re: Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy - 09/01/16 06:00 AM

After 2 qualifying rounds they're gonna need to find a little over a tenth(so far) to get into the shootout.

Re: Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy - 09/01/16 05:16 PM

After 3 Q rounds....... Now she needs about 2.5 tenths to make that field.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy - 09/01/16 06:41 PM

Not looking good for the home team.
Posted By: cgall

Re: Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy - 09/01/16 06:48 PM

She is 13th in an 8-car shootout. All Camaro and Mustang.

Re: Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy - 09/01/16 06:57 PM

This is very sad.
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy - 09/01/16 06:58 PM

ANOTHER stupid move on Chrysler/Fiat's part. Put an untried combination in the hands of an individual who has never driven this type of car. They would have been much better asking Jegs to drive it.
And I think the paint scheme sucks.
Posted By: cudadon

Re: Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy - 09/01/16 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By cgall

Is the #1 qualifier a camaro with a certain well known Mopar engine builder driving?

Don
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy - 09/01/16 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By SCATPACK 1
ANOTHER stupid move on Chrysler/Fiat's part. Put an untried combination in the hands of an individual who has never driven this type of car. They would have been much better asking Jegs to drive it.
And I think the paint scheme sucks.
Enders driving is NOT the reason the car is 3/10ths slow. She can drive a pro-stocker, so this is cake. A trans-brake car with a 2 speed. Would be no quicker with Jeggie driving it. The tune is why it's slow and you can bet she isn't tuning and neither would Jeggie be doing that.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy - 09/01/16 10:07 PM

I agree, just about anyone could get it down the track. Mopar should have done their homework. They should have a good idea of what ET it would take to be competitive.
Doug
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy - 09/01/16 11:35 PM

It's faster than a Fiat, where is my paper bag with the eye holes?
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy - 09/02/16 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By cudadon
Originally Posted By cgall

Is the #1 qualifier a camaro with a certain well known Mopar engine builder driving?

Don

Yes. 8.33@162
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy - 09/02/16 01:37 AM

I think it is great to see David showing the idiots at Fiat what happens when you take a big dump on people that actually know how to make your junk run. Sweet revenge for Barton. Erica has sold out to these morons and now looks like one too.
Posted By: BobR

Re: Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy - 09/02/16 08:09 PM

It takes time to develop a combination. Those motors aren't stock. What this motor needs to be competitive will be discovered by hard work and a lot of test laps. Somebody will figure it out.
Posted By: scottb

Re: Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy - 09/02/16 08:59 PM

Dont think that Barton is the one making all the power they had to bring in Joe Hornick to get the gen 2 stuff figured out when CW was kicking there a$$

Re: Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy - 09/02/16 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By BobR
It takes time to develop a combination. Those motors aren't stock. What this motor needs to be competitive will be discovered by hard work and a lot of test laps. Somebody will figure it out.

I thought that's what they have been doing the last 2 years.

When I heard they were going to use a 2.9 blower instead of a 4.0 I didn't know if that would make the power we need.

Then I talked to a guy that pulled the motor out of a new COPO and it made 1100 hp and I suspected that we might be in trouble.

Now here we sit and can't even make the field. If I go to Indy this weekend I'll be wearing a paper sack over my head. This is so embarrassing.
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy - 09/03/16 03:56 AM

Don't they all use the same blower? And is this the first race they've been in? Might take a few races to get up to snuff. Hemis make power, especially with a blower. If they didn't you wouldn't be able to buy Hemi heads for an LS
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Enders Factory Stock Showdown at Indy - 09/03/16 04:55 AM

Barton knows how to make power with these Gen III Hemis. He has been instead though focusing his talents on the COPO Camaro since after setting records with the fs/b Hemi they decided to let someone else build all 354's. Then also put on this dog and pony show with Enders. Kinda the same treatment AJ got after winning a championship. I hope they get their a$$ handed too them.
© 2024 Moparts Forums