Moparts

MP hemi block

Posted By: A47

MP hemi block - 02/09/09 11:25 PM

hi guys just a quick question , the MP HEMI block cast with wedge ears for stock B/RB motor mounts , would you need custom headers or would stock cast iron maniflods / or off the shelf headers fit ?? going in a 69 charger with power steering would appreciate any help
Posted By: Troy

Re: MP hemi block - 02/09/09 11:32 PM

Yes you need a custom header for that block. To be honest with you, I have never seen a wedge eared Hemi block running. I personally mocked up a set of headers on one of those blocks and there was no way in heck that you would ever to get that to work correctly.

Buy a standard Hemi block with Hemi mounts and run a Schumacher (206-364-7151) engine mounts and call it a day.
Posted By: A47

Re: MP hemi block - 02/09/09 11:54 PM

Quote:

Yes you need a custom header for that block. To be honest with you, I have never seen a wedge eared Hemi block running. I personally mocked up a set of headers on one of those blocks and there was no way in heck that you would ever to get that to work correctly.

Buy a standard Hemi block with Hemi mounts and run a Schumacher (206-364-7151) engine mounts and call it a day.

hi Troy ..thank you for your quick reply , thats kind of what i was thinking .... standard HEMI block it is
thanks again
Posted By: gillman34

Re: MP hemi block - 02/10/09 12:11 AM

I have one in my Belvedere,front header tube goes around the front of the K member.They are custom headers.

Re: MP hemi block - 02/10/09 05:21 AM

Quote:

I have one in my Belvedere,front header tube goes around the front of the K member.They are custom headers.

I would love to see a picture if you have one.

Thanks
Posted By: gillman34

Re: MP hemi block - 02/10/09 02:38 PM

Here ya go Troy,

Attached picture 5014539-\'65Plymouth4.jpg

Re: MP hemi block - 02/10/09 05:54 PM

That is a nice looking car, I love the color.

Do you have pictures of the driver side header and how it goes around the K member.

Thanks
© 2024 Moparts Forums