Moparts

dragster pan ,oil drain

Posted By: bonefish

dragster pan ,oil drain - 02/09/09 07:03 PM

ive got a dragster milodon low pro. pan.i know i put 8 qts. of oil in it but can only get 4 out and that was slow.its the one with the trap door.when i filled it on the stand i put 8 qts.in and it wouldnt even go to the drain plud i had to suck it through.car ran fine good oil press throughout the run but WHAT A PAIN.is this weird or am i missing somthing?ive got the front 3 inches hirer than the drain.
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: dragster pan ,oil drain - 02/09/09 07:29 PM

Where is the drain plug in the pan? .... are you trying to drain the pan with the oil warm? ... getting the 4 quarts out .. how long does it take?

I have TWO diff projects going together using pans like this. A FED and a v drive boat. And the boat has a 12 quart pan.
Posted By: SB449VALIANT

Re: dragster pan ,oil drain - 02/09/09 07:37 PM

curios about what kind of susp. are you using with that pan? stock? tubular etc...? i also have 2 pans like that? one has never been out of the box, other is used...

Re: dragster pan ,oil drain - 02/09/09 08:48 PM

well i hate to admitt this but i drained 4qts out into a gal container then had to attend to some other stuff and then a couple of days latter i decide to finish the job and forgot i already took 4 qts out.

Re: dragster pan ,oil drain - 02/09/09 08:50 PM

Quote:

curios about what kind of susp. are you using with that pan? stock? tubular etc...? i also have 2 pans like that? one has never been out of the box, other is used...

its a chasis car with a rack.

Re: dragster pan ,oil drain - 02/09/09 09:13 PM

cool!!! any pics of the engine/front susp?

Re: dragster pan ,oil drain *DELETED* - 02/09/09 09:51 PM

Post deleted by bonefish

Re: dragster pan ,oil drain - 02/09/09 10:08 PM

you put a notch in front of the pan right? iam also in a big problem, i need to cut my custom pan in order to make it fit around my k member,go and take a look of my pan in the 449 dyno post.. iam thinkng iam going to go the other way, do a dif. type/design of tubular k member.
© 2024 Moparts Forums