Moparts

Meziere flexplate with BB and Glide...?

Posted By: Forest

Meziere flexplate with BB and Glide...? - 07/25/16 12:31 AM

So I broke another JW "the wheel" flexplates yesterday. It only had 82 passes on it and was brand new last fall! It broke at the stripe. I heard a snap and instant smoke in the car. After I got stopped safely I noticed a tore tranny cooler line. which pumped fluid all over the header. Once I got it back to the pits I found two large pieces of ring gear in my belly pan. I'm fairly certain the starter was not hung up. My wife helps me in the burnout box and is at the starting line so I'm sure her or myself would have heard that.

I ordered a Meziere billet flexplate part number FP30608. Has anyone ran this plate behind a BB mopar with a JW ultra bell hooked to a glide?

Anything else I need to make this work? I want to have it fixed in time to leave town again next thurday...
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Meziere flexplate with BB and Glide...? - 07/25/16 02:44 AM

I haven't used any of the Mezieres flexplates. I'm sorry you had that problem, I'm really glad you didn't get hurt or damage the car more thumbs
BTW, is it a 6 bolt or 8 bolt crankshaft?
Posted By: Sammy

Re: Meziere flexplate with BB and Glide...? - 07/25/16 02:55 AM

I just switched to a Meziere flexplate and a turbo 400 with a JW Ultrabell, no issues at all. Just make sure you get starter alignment correct.

Re: Meziere flexplate with BB and Glide...? - 07/25/16 04:38 AM

Originally Posted By Sammy
I just switched to a Meziere flexplate and a turbo 400 with a JW Ultrabell, no issues at all. Just make sure you get starter alignment correct.

Any advice on starter alignment? With the JW ultra bell all you can do is shim in and out correct? I think I will order a Meziere starter tonight from Summit. They have them in stock.

Yes Cab could have been a lot worse! Luckily it was at the finish line so I was already off the gas and pulling the chute...

Oh yea its 8 bolt

Re: Meziere flexplate with BB and Glide...? - 07/25/16 06:46 AM

Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: Meziere flexplate with BB and Glide...? - 07/25/16 07:18 AM

Don't have any info but just wanted to say it was nice to see you guys!! BTW I got down to the last ten cars in pro.. See ya next time

Re: Meziere flexplate with BB and Glide...? - 07/25/16 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By Stroker Scamp
Don't have any info but just wanted to say it was nice to see you guys!! BTW I got down to the last ten cars in pro.. See ya next time

Thanks Mike we enjoyed hanging out too!
Posted By: moparx

Re: Meziere flexplate with BB and Glide...? - 07/25/16 02:00 PM

after seeing the pics, are you going to replace the bell now, or smooth out the "dimples" and replace at the expiration date ? or will it recert after the dimple smoothing ? keep in mind i will never have anything remotely as fast, just seriously contemplating an ultrabell for my humpback project and wondering what something like this event would have on the function of the part itself.
beer
Posted By: fuseable

Re: Meziere flexplate with BB and Glide...? - 07/26/16 01:10 AM

Sammy did that Meziere set up come with a crank adapter with the proper GM converter snout ID ?

Re: Meziere flexplate with BB and Glide...? - 07/26/16 02:04 AM

Originally Posted By fuseable
Sammy did that Meziere set up come with a crank adapter with the proper GM converter snout ID ?

According to Meziere it does. Just not sure on starter clearance/shimming until I mock it up I guess.
Posted By: fuseable

Re: Meziere flexplate with BB and Glide...? - 07/26/16 03:12 AM

I have the JW setup and will be watching this close.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Meziere flexplate with BB and Glide...? - 07/26/16 02:47 PM

If you have any questions just call or e-mail Meziere, their customer service is off the chart.

Bill

Re: Meziere flexplate with BB and Glide...? - 07/26/16 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By 340Cuda
If you have any questions just call or e-mail Meziere, their customer service is off the chart.

Bill

Oh I did and they were very helpful, but weren't sure what the flexplate offset will look like until it's mocked up. I should have my parts this evening and I will update everyone on the progress.
© 2024 Moparts Forums