Moparts

INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip

Posted By: Forest

INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/11/16 08:33 PM

As I was preparing for this race on July 24th I noticed they are not having a ET race the Saturday before. They are having a Diesel only drags. Which sucks for us who travel a ways to come to this race.

I called the track and talked to Jay the owner and he said they will never change the schedule like that again in front of the Mopar Nats, and he said they will make a Mopar class on Saturday during the Diesel drags. So don't let the diesel drags on Saturday scare you away from coming to Woodburn for the Mopar Nats.
Posted By: moparfan

Re: INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/11/16 10:31 PM

Hi Forest, I saw you running Top Sportsman at Mission last weekend at Doorwarz. Nice car.
Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/12/16 04:30 AM

Going with 2 cars this year, hope the weather is mild and not in the mid 90's
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/12/16 05:28 PM

Average temp is 82 degrees there this time of year.

I wasn't planning to attend but that may change. We'll see how things go.
Posted By: Baxter61

Re: INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/12/16 08:18 PM

Hasnt been above 80 around here in about 2 weeks so Im sure the day of Nats it'll be about 109 boogie
Posted By: madscientist

Re: INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/13/16 12:17 AM

And you will have Woodburns famous shade trees.

ALL OF WHICH ARE EXTINCT.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/13/16 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By madscientist

Whats you talking about, James Robert whistling

Re: INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/13/16 10:23 PM

Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
Originally Posted By madscientist
Haha I found them the last 2 years...

Whats you talking about, James Robert whistling
Posted By: NANKET

Re: INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/14/16 07:32 AM

Those are really growing nicely, I remember when they were just planted.

On the west side of the property in the parking area were some large poplar type trees, made nice shade in the afternoon for the campers, Jim had them all removed. Said they made too big of a mess.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/14/16 06:30 PM

It aint hot up there!!!
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/14/16 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
It aint hot up there!!!
Definitive words are defined by the locals, Al work I remember the racers at Madras complaining about it being hot up here at 85F with 30 % humidity when I first moved here in 2005, I teased them about that wasn't hot grin I said hot was above 105F runaway shruggy I can now relate after 10 yrs living here, I work outside in the winter when it is 40F and above with a long sleeve winter shirt on and not get cold enough to want to put a jacket or coat on shruggy It was 42F here last night with a predicted high of 83F in Bend boogie How hot is the weather D.C and Las Vegas whistling
Posted By: @#$%&*!

Re: INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/14/16 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By Forest

I called the track and talked to Jay the owner and he said they will never change the schedule like that again in front of the Mopar Nats, and he said they will make a Mopar class on Saturday during the Diesel drags. So don't let the diesel drags on Saturday scare you away from coming to Woodburn for the Mopar Nats.

That's some good work there, how about a round of applause? I'll spread the word locally. I don't want you to be the only one to show up
thumbs

Re: INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/14/16 07:02 PM

Hey I spend half my time in the desert and the other half on the east coast. From 115 here in Vegas to 95 and 90% in DC. From 30-40 in Vegas winters to 40" of snow and -10 in DC. I get to see it all. Been spending the majority of my summers here in Vegas and winters in DC. Believe my I get it. I think you all just get soft. I actually don't have any problem with the summer weather in DC, at least the sun is not trying to burn a hole in my skull there...I grew up in Texas so I get hot and humid, and 85/30 aint it.

Re: INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/14/16 07:03 PM

BTW Forest congrats on that ET/MPH. Nice, shows how poorly my old car worked all out and how well yours does. I went 8.0's at 170+, must have been the 2950lbs smile

Re: INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/15/16 12:27 AM

BTW Forest congrats on that ET/MPH. Nice, shows how poorly my old car worked all out and how well yours does. I went 8.0's at 170+, must have been the 2950lbs smile

Thanks Al, talked to your buddy with the Stratus from Canada when we were up at Mission.

Now if I could get some decent air and either find a little bit of power or loose some weight maybe I can crack the 7.99 barrier.

Re: INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/15/16 12:29 AM

Originally Posted By Hand of Doom

That's some good work there, how about a round of applause? I'll spread the word locally. I don't want you to be the only one to show up
thumbs

Haha thanks, we enjoy this race but weren't going to travel that far for one day of racing...
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/15/16 12:34 AM

So have you made the changes we discussed to richen the mid/top end and if so, what were the results............
Posted By: cuda499

Re: INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/15/16 01:04 AM

Should we make an appearance and tune up the hemi????

Opps, just looked at the date... My birthday, wifes birthday and I am hosting a small tire race in Kelowna on the same weekend.... 5,000 up for grabs.

Re: INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/15/16 06:29 AM

Originally Posted By cuda499

Opps, just looked at the date... My birthday, wifes birthday and I am hosting a small tire race in Kelowna on the same weekend.... 5,000 up for grabs.

Are you coming down to Woodburn for the 10.5 race at the Night of Fire? We'll be there for that too...

Re: INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/15/16 07:03 AM

He wont make it..And if he does he will be busy fixing stuff all weekend smile
Posted By: cuda499

Re: INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/15/16 06:41 PM

Are you coming down to Woodburn for the 10.5 race at the Night of Fire? We'll be there for that too...

Is this sept 24???? Im getting married that day, as funny as it sounds I tried to get another date, but only one was a long weekend and that didn't work. Was a really busy summer and hoped to have the car working better. Going to talk to my carb guy and try switch to Q16. Also need to change some weight around in the chassis. I was hoping to cheat a little but it looks like the old combination was as fast as you could go with that weight biases.

Working on it the whole time lol...... Listen don't get me started on working, my car was ready for the start of the season!!!!!

Re: INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/15/16 10:44 PM

Is this sept 24???? Im getting married that day, as funny as it sounds I tried to get another date, but only one was a long weekend and that didn't work. Was a really busy summer and hoped to have the car working better. Going to talk to my carb guy and try switch to Q16. Also need to change some weight around in the chassis. I was hoping to cheat a little but it looks like the old combination was as fast as you could go with that weight biases.

Working on it the whole time lol...... Listen don't get me started on working, my car was ready for the start of the season!!!!!

No I'm talking the weekend of July 29th...

Re: INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/20/16 06:33 AM

Originally Posted By Baxter61
Hasnt been above 80 around here in about 2 weeks so Im sure the day of Nats it'll be about 109 boogie

Looks like it is suppose to 87* damn not again, frozen gel packs in the helmet again, but we will be for 2 cars this year
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/20/16 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By Stroker Scamp

Looks like it is suppose to 87* damn not again, frozen gel packs in the helmet again, but we will be for 2 cars this year

87 aint hot, it was 105 in the shade there this time last year.

Re: INFO about Mopar Nats at Woodburn Dragstrip - 07/21/16 06:26 AM

Originally Posted By Triple Threat
Originally Posted By Stroker Scamp

87 aint hot, it was 105 in the shade there this time last year.

I will have the AC going in the Moho so that will help, got to get a couple runs in the morning good air then.
I like the heat just not in pants and a double layer jacket, oh and add the helmet, sweaty baby!
© 2024 Moparts Forums