Moparts

Jesel adjusters for pushrod oiling vs spray bars?

Posted By: Charger453

Jesel adjusters for pushrod oiling vs spray bars? - 07/09/16 05:35 AM

I assume they have a different adjuster for each application? I'm trying to get set up for pushrod oiling, but the adjuster is hollow. I've been playing around with restricting a set of Comp 892 lifters. It was built with the lifters having a .062" hole and that was enough for oil to spray the inner fenders like a hose. I'm down to a .020" hole and it still has too much oil coming thru the adjuster. Not a graden hose spray anymore, but a small,steady stream that still pools up in the cylinder head.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Jesel adjusters for pushrod oiling vs spray bars? - 07/09/16 05:43 AM

I would like to know how your closing off the hole
wave

Re: Jesel adjusters for pushrod oiling vs spray bars? - 07/09/16 05:50 AM

Jbweld for now until I know what size it wants. I don't know that I trust expoxy in the engine even though that's Comp's recommendation. Once I know how much to restrict them, I was considering trying to press in a brass plug and drilling that.
Posted By: CROWBAR

Re: Jesel adjusters for pushrod oiling vs spray bars? - 07/09/16 05:53 AM

You need to put a restrictor in your push rod We ran a .020 in our B-1 with Jesel Rockers
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Jesel adjusters for pushrod oiling vs spray bars? - 07/09/16 05:53 AM

Afaik, Jesel doesn't make any specific adjuster for spray bar oiling.
They pretty much assume the rockers will be pushrod oiled.

A .020 hole for each lifter/rocker would certainly be plenty of oil, especially when you consider how little oil can squeeze through the area of a proper edge orifice oiling set up.

Re: Jesel adjusters for pushrod oiling vs spray bars? - 07/09/16 06:22 AM

Thanks for the input guys. I tried calling Jesel last Friday to ask, but they were closed for the weekend and it kept slipping my mind this week. Perhaps pushrod restrictors is my next approach.
Posted By: boatracer572

Re: Jesel adjusters for pushrod oiling vs spray bars? - 07/09/16 06:36 AM

every motor I build gets a .030" restrictor in the pushrod, would get solid adjusters and be done with it..

Attached picture IMG_5646.jpg
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Jesel adjusters for pushrod oiling vs spray bars? - 07/09/16 03:18 PM

On the paired shaft Jesel non alumimun rockers I have the adjusters are hollow also and there is no provisions to oil the shafts or valve tips other than splash oiling work I think my Manton pushrods have a. 080 restrictor in them work I'll check as I haven't put oil in that motor or even primed it yet luck I am using the Comp AMC solid roller lifters in it with one oiling hole in the lifters plugged.
Posted By: moparroad

Re: Jesel adjusters for pushrod oiling vs spray bars? - 07/09/16 03:45 PM

I agree that the oiling hole in the adjuster is to large. While priming with a drill I sent oil to a 10' ceiling. Ended up using solid adjusters, which still provides oil to the adjuster cup, and restricted spray bars. which oils the rest. Works well for me.

Re: Jesel adjusters for pushrod oiling vs spray bars? - 07/09/16 09:04 PM

From what I see Jesel is quite proud of their adjusters at nearly $300/set.
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Jesel adjusters for pushrod oiling vs spray bars? - 07/09/16 09:55 PM

Not sure but maybe t&d adjusters will work. They offer both style adjuster but they are pricey as well at 14-16 dollars each.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Jesel adjusters for pushrod oiling vs spray bars? - 07/09/16 10:05 PM

Originally Posted By mopar dave
Not sure but maybe t&d adjusters will work. They offer both style adjuster but they are pricey as well at 14-16 dollars each.

I know someone that may sell a set. LOL
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Jesel adjusters for pushrod oiling vs spray bars? - 07/10/16 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By mopar dave
All the good heat treated adjusters are around that price, depending on which brand and who you buy from shruggy The last set I bought for my Hughes cyro treated rockers where the same price,$13.50+ each plus shipping shruggy
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Jesel adjusters for pushrod oiling vs spray bars? - 07/10/16 02:17 AM

LOL. For sure. You have an extra set.

Re: Jesel adjusters for pushrod oiling vs spray bars? - 07/10/16 02:47 AM

I realize nothing is cheap anymore, but it caught me a little off guard. If anyone has some extras, I'm all ears if we determine they'll work.
© 2024 Moparts Forums