Moparts

big chief`s psa

Posted By: theraif

big chief`s psa - 06/24/16 08:57 PM

http://www.nhra.com/
Posted By: TheOtherDodge

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/24/16 10:04 PM

Unless, a television station pays you money to race on the street...
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/24/16 10:36 PM

Oh, So that is why NHRA flew him out to Englishtown.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/24/16 10:41 PM

Yet another case of do what I say not what I do..He may have a career in politics
Posted By: CTD5.9

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/24/16 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
Yet another case of do what I say not what I do..He may have a career in politics

He just said in a controlled environment, one way is to check out street legal night at an NHRA track.......another way is to have a production studio get permits, hire safety crews and block off a section of street.
Posted By: Porter67

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/24/16 11:41 PM

I thought this was gonna be prostate related, but close, looks like he took one for the home team.
Posted By: Eric

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/24/16 11:52 PM

$$$
Posted By: D-50

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/24/16 11:59 PM

I was disappointed how he was acting on the last street outlaws. He was being a a--.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 12:10 AM

In his interview he stated he was trying to get an NHRA competition license. His words, not mine.
Posted By: Kindafast

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By D-50
I was disappointed how he was acting on the last street outlaws. He was being a a--.

Thought so to. I really thought he was one of the only decent guys. I swear I am 60 and if he pushed me like that I would try my best to put my fist through his face. What a dick.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By Eric
$$$

THIS......... iagree Can smell the phony through the computer.......... down
Posted By: 67mprfan

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 01:01 AM

Not to highjack but has their been any word on Chucky after the accident
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 01:13 AM

Brian Davis is building another car, a couple pics popped up on Instagram.

Agreed on some of the other points, was kinda surprised how Chief acted on the last episode. It'll be interesting to see how the list plays out with all of the new cars. Chief has gone 4.03 in the Crowmod, and I believe Monte mentioned Doc's rebuilt car went 4.10's on 1 kit instead of his usual 3, so he has a legit shot of staying up near the top. Shawn's new car isn't that close to being done.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 01:49 AM

Doc went 4.30 here about a month ago
Posted By: DARTH V8Я

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 02:12 AM

Another attempt by NHRA to draw revenue. STICK with the damn formula that worked.. rule changes, prostock went to [censored], 1000ft for TF & FC, blah, blah, blah.

Need more heads up, outlaw & GRUDGE matches.. way more.

Till then, same ole same ole yawn fests.
Posted By: Iowan

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 02:38 AM

Bought and sold,out!
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 03:37 AM

Come-on guys you can pile it on a lot better than this. you guys are losing your touch.

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 03:43 AM

Hey I still like him. And I don't blame him for being pissed at Doc for dodging a straight answer either.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 04:07 AM

iagree Yea, I was more disappointed in the way Doc was acting.
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 04:40 AM

Doc mentioned it would have been the car's first pass ever since the rebuild, and right after the Reaper oiled the road. I don't blame him at all for not wanting to run. Doc may have also been gunshy as I think that episode was filmed after he tagged the wall in somebody elses's car at a no prep race in Texas.
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 04:42 AM

Doc has a brand new car, that he just dropped a ton of cash on, Monza too. Goad had just put trans fluid down in the right lane and Dominator put trans fluid down in the left. All they have to clean it is MEK and some mops. Doc just didn't want to be the first down and I didn't blame him. Shawn always like to go first when there is no rubber, so his car won't shake. Being number ONE should have some perks, such as maybe running in the order when you WANT to, not when the challenger does. The nitrous guys need to road to be decent early to make quick passes..........and it was JUNK. The order things actually go down and how they edit for TV are not always the same.

When I was out there a couple months ago, they were filming pre and post race interviews, from passes that happened weeks earlier. That's why sometimes the guys beards and hair don't match from interviews to race night
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 04:48 AM

I see both sides, don't blame either, but I will say I was surprised at both the action and reaction from both. Seemed a bit outside of both of their on screen personas.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 05:40 AM

Originally Posted By EV2Bird
I thought this was gonna be prostate related, but close, looks like he took one for the home team.
laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Silver70

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 05:46 AM

They need to make all the money they can while the show is a big thing... it won't last forever. If he can make the big bucks by racing in the NHRA, more power to him.

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By Silver70
They need to make all the money they can while the show is a big thing... it won't last forever. If he can make the big bucks by racing in the NHRA, more power to him.
A lot of big names in drag racing over the years. Kinda interesting how these guys acquired theirs.
Posted By: killermopar

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 04:49 PM

I just wish dominator had a Mopar in his Mopar. Watching that big block Chevy crap is killing me. At least chief has a Pontiac in his

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By killermopar
I just wish dominator had a Mopar in his Mopar.
So does he...............can't afford to build one, since he would have to start from scratch. I have talked to him about my B1-TS motor
Posted By: killermopar

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 05:44 PM

He seems like an awesome guy. I'm sure he will get it done eventually. That would be awesome.
Posted By: cudadon

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 05:45 PM

The thing I don't like about chief, as a race director he is NOT unbiased!
He acts WAY different when one of his boys is involved. IE shawn or kamacaszi.
When Dave was trying to move up the list chief said "well played" to boosted ego when he was hiding like a [censored]! Would he have said the same if shawn or elco was trying to race??

My opinion like it or NOT!
Don

Attached picture super bee.jpg
Posted By: dezduster

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 06:30 PM

My take on it.
I like the show I like most of the crew. The drama is necessary if there were none you would have what NHRA has a boring az ship show. You need emotions all of them becouse that's how life is, full of emotion! This corporatized ship show NHRA has only brings racers and corporate sponsors. For instance my wife wont go to the races she will watch Street Outlaws and she is into it how many other people are out there like this? A lot likely entertain and they will come.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 06:35 PM

Just saw that Shane wadded up the Vega last night and was airlifted to the hospital. No word on Bob. Hope both are OK.

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By slantzilla
Just saw that Shane wadded up the Vega last night and was airlifted to the hospital. No word on Bob. Hope both are OK.

That car is a mess. Bob was scared stiff but will be fine. Sounds like Shane was life flighted but I'm pretty sure he was released from the hospital and on the mend. Sounds like all the safety equipment did its job again and for that I am thankful.

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 07:24 PM

Pictures

Attached picture image.jpg
Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 07:46 PM

Holy...

Glad to hear he's OK

Update from FB:

Quote:
UPDATE!! hes coming home, his roll cage definitely did it's job on keeping him safe! He walked away with a concussion and severe bruising. Thank you everyone for the kind words & prayers.

Out of respect for our good friend Shane McAlary and his wife Ashley McAlary and family please do NOT post any pics of his car and if you have posted then please remove. This is per their request. That is something he can share when he's feeling up to it. Keep the prayers coming for him & we hope everyone understands the sensitive situation. Thank you.

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By OUTLAWD
Holy...

Glad to hear he's OK

Update from FB:

Quote:
UPDATE!! hes coming home, his roll cage definitely did it's job on keeping him safe! He walked away with a concussion and severe bruising. Thank you everyone for the kind words & prayers.

Out of respect for our good friend Shane McAlary and his wife Ashley McAlary and family please do NOT post any pics of his car and if you have posted then please remove. This is per their request. That is something he can share when he's feeling up to it. Keep the prayers coming for him & we hope everyone understands the sensitive situation. Thank you.

Sayre Street RacesLike Page
8 hrs ·
Due to the overwhelming messages and posts to the page due to Outlaw Armageddon and several other posts, we must post that Yes, Shane Mcalary did wreck at the Sayre Street Race drag strip. However it was not during our races but during a private race at our strip. Shane was conscious and talking but was flown to OU to ensure he received top urgent care. At this time we ask that you pray for him and his family.

And in true Shane fashion, while waiting for the ambulance, he wanted to know if he won. Yes Shane! You got him by a car and a half!
Posted By: justinp61

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 08:41 PM

Wow, I hate that for Shane, just glad he's ok. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Poor Bob he was speechless after the incident.

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 08:48 PM

Its hard to show concern for these guys who put themselves out there, I will just leave it at that.
Posted By: theraif

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 08:51 PM

glad also it`s easier to rebuild bob and a race car

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/25/16 09:26 PM

Its hard to show concern for these guys who put themselves out there, I will just leave it at that.
You race long enough and make enough laps, chances are good you will crash. Add high horsepower, short wheelbase and some sketchy surfaces and chances go up. It comes with the territory...........given all that, is still EASY for me to show concern. He is a fellow racer who just wadded up a LARGE investment. You can't feel for that, you have no heart
Posted By: DARTH V8Я

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/26/16 12:43 AM

Dunno man.. every video I watched there's always hammer down well into the skid.. eff the race and lift. That said, glad he's gonna be OK.

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/26/16 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
You race long enough and make enough laps, chances are good you will crash. Add high horsepower, short wheelbase and some sketchy surfaces and chances go up. It comes with the territory...........given all that, is still EASY for me to show concern. He is a fellow racer who just wadded up a LARGE investment. You can't feel for that, you have no heart
Ya, lets mix up heartless with stupid. Stupid is when you race on "sketchy surfaces" and conditions by choice. Those that knowling incorporate stupid in to it, get what they got coming. Yep, OP is on the $!!

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/26/16 05:03 AM

He was at a racetrack..........Some of you guys are some SERIOUS haters. Guess you think all "drag radial" guys are stupid too.......trying to get 3000+ hp down on a 11" wide radial

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/26/16 05:38 AM

Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
He was at a racetrack..........Some of you guys are some SERIOUS haters. Guess you think all "drag radial" guys are stupid too.......trying to get 3000+ hp down on a 11" wide radial
Hating = waste of time and energy. My hate list is very short. Might be A few people I don't like ( and you are not even on that list Monte ), and that list is short. Now them guys that have to run street tires . . . . . . . realcrazy
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/27/16 03:06 AM

I hope Shane makes a speedy recovery. I heard the press is waiting on Bob to issue a formal statement. Up until now, he's been quiet since the crash.
Posted By: Keith Richards

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/28/16 09:22 PM

Back to Monte's comment on interviews weeks after etc. LOL Saw the show a few weeks back with Reaper when he had hair and bald and back and forth throughout the show! Was surprised they didn't make him wear a hat so it wasn't so obvious. As a casual watcher I like both NO and OKC hope they enjoy it why it lasts, if any of these guys do show up for some sort of class, exhibition, whatever at an NHRA event the stands will stay full.......
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/28/16 09:43 PM

I've never seen the tracks so busy as when the street outlaw guys are here. Kye Kelley and 3 others were here (Darlington) in May and the stands were filling up 3 hours before the staging lanes opened. Reaper, Jackie Knox, BirdMan, and Big Dookie are coming at the end of July...ought to be a big show then too.

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/28/16 10:29 PM

On August fifth Daddy Dave is supposed to be at my local track.
Posted By: slammedR/T

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/29/16 12:03 AM

Not show concern for someone getting injured racing, there are some real douche canoes on this site sometimes......
Posted By: D-50

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/29/16 12:50 AM

I agree with slammedR/T.........

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/29/16 05:06 AM

X2

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/29/16 05:11 AM

Originally Posted By justinp61

X2

X3

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/29/16 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Originally Posted By justinp61

X2

X3

iagree
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/29/16 03:00 PM

Yes I agree also, hope Shane heels up and is abile to get a car back together.

Was away on vacation for the last two street outlaws so I just watched all the episodes. Big cheif gives reaper a hard time for bringing his brother to race night, saying they don't want trouble. Then the next episode shows him shoving Doc and being a douche. The more I learn about him and his personal life the less I like him.

Still love the show and will watch it.

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/29/16 03:14 PM

Brad...what about Chief makes you not like him? Just curious, I don't know much about him other than what's on the show and that he has a HVAC business.

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/29/16 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
Brad...what about Chief makes you not like him? Just curious, I don't know much about him other than what's on the show and that he has a HVAC business.

I love the show but know exactly what Brad is talking about. He preaches CALM but he lost it on this episode. He always has had his favourites and I could deal with that but after Reaper puked all over the road WHY should all the sudden Doc required to go first. Maybe because SHAUN wanted it that way. That's some real bull-crap right there. PLEASE don't start acting like the New Orleans guys.

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/29/16 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer

I love the show but know exactly what Brad is talking about. He preaches CALM but he lost it on this episode. He always has had his favourites and I could deal with that but after Reaper puked all over the road WHY should all the sudden Doc required to go first. Maybe because SHAUN wanted it that way. That's some real bull-crap right there. PLEASE don't start acting like the New Orleans guys.

I agree 100%. Chief lets his friendships get in the way of making fair decisions IMO.

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/29/16 04:23 PM

Don't personally know any of them so I have no opinion on like or dislike. Don't like ( or want ) to see ANYONE get hurt, even if they do something like race a 1000 + HP car on a (sketchy - not my word) track. Just not too smart IMO. With the $ they have invested and the speeds they are running, I sure wouldn't do it - again, JMO. I don't go drag racing so I can come home and tell everyone how I cheated death that day. realcrazy And I'm sure as you all know, I don't like the "spin" that the program puts on our sport ( read their disclaimer at the beginning of each "episode" ), regardless of the $ influx that appears to come from it. Call me old, out of touch, late for dinner, but don't call me Shirley! smile
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/29/16 04:52 PM

I listen to the pod cast him and Shawn do. His life style is questionable. Listen to the epidsode where he goes cross country with his dad on harleys. I have met him in person a few times in Georgia and was not impressed with his decisions. Watched him drink beer in stands then go make a pass in the crowmod.

Just felt his latest actions were over the top, he could demand that he give him a answer, but to shove a guy for it.

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/29/16 05:39 PM

His life style is questionable.

Huh?
Posted By: julian2007

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/29/16 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By slammedR/T
Not show concern for someone getting injured racing, there are some real douche canoes on this site sometimes......

He said Douch Canoe!!!! laugh2 ROFLMAO

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/29/16 10:10 PM

So I guess the sit down to pee types cry over the pro boxer who retires with brains mashed up and cant speak or the bull rider who gets tossed and has the bone sticking out of his leg? Because thats what the decided to do with there life...I just dont see it.

These guys put themselves out there on there own accord, it makes them money and the people who promote it, thats why we dont see bracket racing on prime time, I enjoy it as much as the next guy but you dont see the stands packed with fans.

I think many forget times like pre 1980 for instance when most racers of all kinds were really roughnecks, not the toter home driving trendy cloths wearing types that many are today. Do you think some of them really gave a rats azz when a competitor crashed, as well as do you think some of these nascar guys who wreck a co racer into the wall think "Oh, im sorry, I didnt mean for them to crash them and there 150k car and take them out of the points race".

How many of us have crashed there cars or tossed a motor without a press release or thousands of well wishes and just suck it up and drive on?

Hippocrates I say, folks on here will dog the street racer to hell but yet go out and go 7k test hits through the gears, but thats ok. Because its not actual racing if you dont take off at the same guy next to you at the stop light, oh dang thats bracket racing, my bad.

SO everyone here is lilly white, never speeds, has a perfect credit score, never had one too many beers or hit a joint, never cracks there kid when they needed it.

So if some, like I do find it hard to say, oh poor fella wadded up his car trying to put himself more in the spotlight....well thats just how it is.

Sorry if I typed this wrong but im waiting for my freshly painted nails to dry.

This crap is as funny as it gets.
Posted By: 66 Belvedere

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/29/16 11:55 PM

IT IS A TELEVISION SHOW FOR CHRIST SAKE!

Ray

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/30/16 02:19 PM

lol....it's on TV...it's got cars...I'm watching it.

I feel horrible for ANYONE who crashes their hard work and life savings...reality TV star or not. I think they have made an attempt to pull most of the "illegal street racing" emphasis out of the show...which I commend.

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/30/16 03:19 PM

I feel horrible for ANYONE who crashes their hard work and life savings...reality TV star or not. I think they have made an attempt to pull most of the "illegal street racing" emphasis out of the show...which I commend.
Yes, a little different than when it first aired.

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/30/16 09:05 PM

This is stupid, people look way too deep into things, but I would ask, where were all the bleeding hearts at when not so long ago a mopar racer crashed his car and had a go fund me page to fix it and wow did the folks here step up and donate...NOT.

They told him he wasnt special and to sit out and fix his ride on his own dime.

The duplicity here is pathetic.

Its really ironic, I spend at least 5 hours a day watching over a stroke patient, who clearly deserves understanding and sympathy, but again, some hero who knows the risks when they get in the car like we all do...why?

Im done beating this horse, its pointless.
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/30/16 09:08 PM

He covered it on the podcast. He was nervous about returning to the list in the Crowmod after the wreck.
He was pissed that Doc wasn't representing the #1 spot well. He said if Doc would have said he wasn't comfortable making a pass in his brand new car on the road, he would have been fine with it. Doc also had the chance to run BEFORE the road was oiled down, and would have avoided the whole mess. He thought losing 2 spots from the trailer was ridiculous if he was #1. He said if Doc would have come out later and called out Shawn or Dave after they started racing again and the road got good (which they said it was once some rubber got down), that would have been fine, too.
I guess the biggest thing that pissed him off was that he was bending over with a broken back cleaning the road while Doc and Monza (Goad left for the night after doing the most damage)stood around and laughed about how they were wasting their time because noone was going to run it, anyway.
With all that wrapped into one, I can imagine being upset.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/30/16 09:40 PM

I cleaned the thread up a bit. And as far as the guy that came on here and tried to solicit funds cause his car got wrecked on the track his father runs a large Mopar oriented shop so begging for money on Moparts ain't gonna fly. I commend you for watcing over a stroke patient. I have laid in the ICU for six days and have had two neurosurgery treatments plus a radiation treatment. We are still paying hospital bills and I can't drive my drag car yet. But I don't want sympathy or anything else from you. We break cars. We fix cars. Pretty simple isn't it. shruggy
Posted By: BobR

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/30/16 10:11 PM

Anyone who has ever wadded up a $200,000.00 race car gets it. It's the money and the unbelievable effort required to do another one. It's dangerous. Everyone knows this but nobody expects to crash.

Re: big chief`s psa - 06/30/16 11:15 PM

Ive crashed a car that burned to the ground that I had 70k in and 3 years to build it, burned both hands, forehead, as well as it started to melt the plastic lenses of my glasses.

When tractor pulling ive jacked new 8.3 litre aries hemis as well as billet cylinder heads that took years to make on a inline six tractor.

Not what I had planned but at the same time, looking back its not the end of the world and a heck of a rush.

Look at leno-s reply and attitude after he got out of the rolled hemi under glass, anytime you can go through some crap and live, its a good day.

Re: big chief`s psa - 07/01/16 03:29 AM

^^^^None of that means squat. Yes stuff happens and yes, we sometimes likely bring it on ourselves...BUT that doesn't mean I don't feel bad when a person tears up their stuff, because I do. I know how hard I have to work for it and likely so do they. So yeah........they crash, I feel bad for them. You don't, that's fine as well
© 2024 Moparts Forums