Moparts

Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general

Posted By: '68cuda416

Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/19/16 11:49 PM

I am a newbie on the forums and don't contribute much as I just don't know enough to add to what others have already said, but I am learning. Yesterday I took my barracuda that I have been building for the last couple years out to the Roadkill event and entered it in the drags, first time ever running it on a track. I have been working on the car and making changes to it according to what I read here mostly, and I especially enjoy Monte's posts, anyway at the end of the day my relatively low horsepower barracuda was the 3rd fastest mopar at the event. I was totally shocked by that news and obviously wasn't invited to run for the money but just knowing how well the car did in a sea of really strong Mopars made me very proud and I owe a lot of thanks to the smart guys that take time out of their day to offer up suggestions or help to those that ask. Look forward to learning more and making the car the best it can be.......THANK YOU.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/20/16 12:20 AM

I taught Monte everything he knows. My old Challenger finished second at that race

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/20/16 12:39 AM

You were there yesterday? Were you the guy that had the battery go dead ? If so I do remember you and thank you for your notion about not running if I couldn't run........I'm glad you took some money home, nice job 👍🏻
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/20/16 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By '68cuda416
You were there yesterday? Were you the guy that had the battery go dead ? If so I do remember you and thank you for your notion about not running if I couldn't run........I'm glad you took some money home, nice job 👍🏻

I wasnt there. Doyle Hanvy owns my old car and has become a friend of mine. Sounds like it was alot of fun
Posted By: ksj

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/20/16 02:27 AM

Does Doyle know you are friends.? LOL.Hes a helluva a transmission builder.For a Topeka shadyfugger hes alright.I should have gone up there.
Posted By: Joshs68

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/20/16 05:36 AM

That little barracuda runs great. Very clean car.

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/20/16 05:40 AM

Thanks for the kind words
Posted By: @#$%&*!

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/21/16 02:09 AM

For posts like this pictures are highly encouraged. Let's see that Barracuda.
up

I am a newbie on the forums and don't contribute much as I just don't know enough to add to what others have already said, but I am learning. Yesterday I took my barracuda that I have been building for the last couple years out to the Roadkill event and entered it in the drags, first time ever running it on a track. I have been working on the car and making changes to it according to what I read here mostly, and I especially enjoy Monte's posts, anyway at the end of the day my relatively low horsepower barracuda was the 3rd fastest mopar at the event...........THANK YOU.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/21/16 02:18 AM

[quote=Hand of Doom]For posts like this pictures are highly encouraged. Let's see that Barracuda.

DITTO>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/21/16 02:21 AM

So aside from the earlier bs between us, the carb`s good then......... work
Posted By: slammedR/T

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/21/16 02:21 AM

Monte is a good dude and knows his stuff for sure, I had the pleasure to hang out with him in Orlando during a test session there. Dude is crazy knowledgeable and will answer your questions. I just stood around soaking up all info I could learn from him while tuning on a car there.
Posted By: topside

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/21/16 02:40 AM

Yup, pics, man, pics. SB A-bodies are a personal favorite.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/21/16 03:00 AM

My pics are way too large so I'm cropping them to get under 2MB.

Attached picture 20160618_120709-2-1.jpg
Posted By: GY3

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/21/16 03:06 AM

Attached picture 20160618_120729-1-1-1-1.jpg

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/21/16 03:09 AM

Originally Posted By Hand of Doom
For posts like this pictures are highly encouraged. Let's see that Barracuda.
up I'm sorry, I don't know how to post pictures as of yet but it looks like GY3 is posting a couple from the event. Thank you GY3

I am a newbie on the forums and don't contribute much as I just don't know enough to add to what others have already said, but I am learning. Yesterday I took my barracuda that I have been building for the last couple years out to the Roadkill event and entered it in the drags, first time ever running it on a track. I have been working on the car and making changes to it according to what I read here mostly, and I especially enjoy Monte's posts, anyway at the end of the day my relatively low horsepower barracuda was the 3rd fastest mopar at the event...........THANK YOU.

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/21/16 03:10 AM

It runs good, yes.

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/21/16 03:12 AM

Well I have never met him but I very much enjoy reading whatever he posts, and I'm trying to get my suspension working as good as it can as I'm not big power. Thanks
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/21/16 03:13 AM

Glad you finally get to enjoy your efforts after all of the troubles you had..............

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/21/16 03:31 AM

Thank you , best of luck to you as well. Hope you enjoy your time racing.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/21/16 03:57 AM

Car looks great! If you make it down to the Mopar race in Tulsa this year look for me.

Attached picture IMG_2611.JPG

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/21/16 04:20 AM

I sure will, you have a very nice looking car yourself, love them barracudas, lol.
Posted By: Nxdodge

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/21/16 03:14 PM

Did they give you your times? I'm curious trying to get mine.

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/21/16 06:06 PM

No unfortunately they did not, I asked them if they would when they came over to the car and they said they would but wouldn't be until later. I text the number twice over a couple days asking and no reply so I guess it's a no.
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/21/16 11:37 PM

Why couldn't you run for the money? Because it's a Plymouth?

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/22/16 01:15 AM

That is correct, because it is a Plymouth. Their rules, their money so it is what it is, but I don't agree with their stance and must be neither did some if their staff because they were the ones trying to convince the powers to be to bend the rule.
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/22/16 04:32 AM

Watch the mouth.

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/22/16 06:04 AM

It looks a lot better than my Gold 68 Fastback V8 car. Been beating on mine a few decades though. Separated at birth?

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/22/16 07:35 AM

Lol, I don't know, do you have any pictures? I actually like the color.....it's not a color you see all the time but yet it still reminds you of 1968.
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/22/16 02:14 PM

I like monte smith glad he is back around again.

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/22/16 06:48 PM

Lol, I don't know, do you have any pictures? I actually like the color.....it's not a color you see all the time but yet it still reminds you of 1968.

Here's a cute picture from 2003:
I was having traction problems that day...
Gone are the Firestone tires and hood scoop, and it sits a little lower nowadays.

Attached picture P1010056.JPG

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/22/16 06:59 PM

That's awesome looking, I love those cars and am now a big fan of the color too 👍🏻
Posted By: farmboy

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/24/16 01:09 AM

quote='68cuda416]I am a newbie on the forums and don't contribute much as I just don't know enough to add to what others have already said, but I am learning. Yesterday I took my barracuda that I have been building for the last couple years out to the Roadkill event and entered it in the drags, first time ever running it on a track. I have been working on the car and making changes to it according to what I read here mostly, and I especially enjoy Monte's posts, anyway at the end of the day my relatively low horsepower barracuda was the 3rd fastest mopar at the event. I was totally shocked by that news and obviously wasn't invited to run for the money but just knowing how well the car did in a sea of really strong Mopars made me very proud and I owe a lot of thanks to the smart guys that take time out of their day to offer up suggestions or help to those that ask. Look forward to learning more and making the car the best it can be.......THANK YOU. [/quote]

You were really looking good out there, hard to believe first time out. You must have done your homework well. That car is gonna fly when you get it on a sticky track.
Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/24/16 01:19 AM

How did you find out where you placed?
I'd like to know where I ended up.
I'm sure it was not great, really had issues hooking up (stock suspension.)

They would not tell me position prior to the eliminations, and my wife and kids were sick of the heat, so we left around 5:00pm.

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/24/16 01:50 AM

Lol, well time will tell, I'm gonna try to go to Heartland in a couple weeks. I'm still thinking about that Tulsa race you told me about in the late fall.

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/24/16 01:54 AM

Because they called me on my cell and asked me to meet them at my car, they asked me a bunch of questions about it, informed me I was 3rd fastest dodge and I told them I wasn't a dodge and they went back to talk with the roadkill tv guys and came back with a no go on letting a Plymouth in the finals. It was dissapointing at first but if there ever was a sweet ending it actually bumped Farmboy into the finals I believe and him and his friend are super nice guys, so happy for them.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Would like to thank Monte Smith and Moparts in general - 06/24/16 05:48 AM

The Tulsa race in the fall usually has some nice november air. Thats where my best passes have happened the last couple of years.
© 2024 Moparts Forums