Moparts

Anyone drive a car with a new cam and only outer valvespring

Posted By: 68-scatpack-rt

Anyone drive a car with a new cam and only outer valvespring - 06/17/16 06:56 PM

Hello all.
Just did a top end on a relatively mild 440.
Crower solid flat with 250ish duration and .530 lift.
Manley dual springs.

I have brad penn 30wt. Break in oil in it at present.

I broke the cam in on the outer springs and things seem to have went well. Tuned it with a wide band.

I want to drive the car this Sunday to a show with the old man and won't have time to install the inner springs and re set the lash.

Is it ok to drive the car approximately 40 miles if I keep the revs under 3000 or so?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Anyone drive a car with a new cam and only outer valvespring - 06/17/16 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By 68-scatpack-rt
Hello all.
Just did a top end on a relatively mild 440.
Crower solid flat with 250ish duration and .530 lift.
Manley dual springs.

I have brad penn 30wt. Break in oil in it at present.

I broke the cam in on the outer springs and things seem to have went well. Tuned it with a wide band.

I want to drive the car this Sunday to a show with the old man and won't have time to install the inner springs and re set the lash.

Is it ok to drive the car approximately 40 miles if I keep the revs under 3000 or so?

Absoulutely okay , probally good to 5000 RPM or so work I have done that on the dyno with new motors, make one or two pulls to 5000 RPM before dunmping the oil and filter to see what it did with the singles compared to the duals thumbs
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Anyone drive a car with a new cam and only outer valvespring - 06/18/16 01:11 AM

Yup....... No problemo
Posted By: 68-scatpack-rt

Re: Anyone drive a car with a new cam and only outer valvespring - 06/18/16 02:17 AM

Thanks guys!
Much appreciated.
© 2024 Moparts Forums