Moparts

Glide in an a body

Posted By: wyldebill

Glide in an a body - 06/15/16 11:29 PM

Looking for input on putting a glide in an abody. What kind of tunnel mods did you have to do to get it in place? Are you happy with the glide swap?
Posted By: Viper469

Re: Glide in an a body - 06/15/16 11:49 PM

i'm in the process of putting one in mine. it's lots smaller then a 727 so there's no problem with tunnel clearence. you will have to fab up a trans mount. so far it seems to be an easy swap.
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Glide in an a body - 06/15/16 11:52 PM

412 sb Duster did this swap into his yellow Duster a while back. His name is Al. Might want to check with him
Posted By: Blucuda413

Re: Glide in an a body - 06/16/16 01:36 AM

I put a glide in mine years ago. It was simple and no changes to tunnel are required. Just made another mount for the existing cross member. When I later went to a JW case it got tighter in the tunnel but still no mods were required.
Posted By: jughed

Re: Glide in an a body - 06/16/16 03:46 AM

Originally Posted By Blucuda413
I put a glide in mine years ago. It was simple and no changes to tunnel are required. Just made another mount for the existing cross member. When I later went to a JW case it got tighter in the tunnel but still no mods were required.

That's good to know. I've considered a JW 'glide but worry that the car is too heavy (3300 w. me in it). Still researching, but have given the 400 a thought also.
© 2024 Moparts Forums