Moparts

Viking shocks...

Posted By: D-50

Viking shocks... - 05/02/16 02:31 AM

I am about to buy some double adjustable front shocks and they do not make them for my D50. Do I just measure the extension and compression of the stock shocks and buy a set close to the same measurement. Thanks.....
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Viking shocks... - 05/02/16 03:27 AM

Yes just don't go shorter, match the mounting style.
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Viking shocks... - 05/02/16 03:54 AM

They can also change the ends to accommodate your mounting needs if the correct length is found, but for a different application.
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: Viking shocks... - 05/02/16 03:58 AM

I would take a ride height measurement and a fully extended measurement give them a call they're very helpful.. and no your current length
Posted By: astjp2

Re: Viking shocks... - 05/02/16 05:14 AM

I would love to hear how they work out. I want to get them for my 68 Charger. The world block is about 50 lbs heavier than a stock one and I have the 1.15 torsion bars from Bergman. I think that the shocks would make a difference compared to an off the shelf shock. Tim
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Viking shocks... - 05/02/16 12:46 PM

Originally Posted By astjp2
I would love to hear how they work out. I want to get them for my 68 Charger. The world block is about 50 lbs heavier than a stock one and I have the 1.15 torsion bars from Bergman. I think that the shocks would make a difference compared to an off the shelf shock. Tim

If I remember correctly, Viking is owned by the original owners of QA1. It might be noted on the Viking website. Nice stuff.

Myron
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Viking shocks... - 05/02/16 02:31 PM

Originally Posted By Locomotion
Originally Posted By astjp2

If I remember correctly, Viking is owned by the original owners of QA1. It might be noted on the Viking website. Nice stuff.

Myron

iagree I put a set of them on my car and it made a huge difference. Allowed me to use all this extra power from the nitrous. Before it was just going up in smoke no matter what I did. Can ran consistent mid 9s on motor, but wouldn't do anything on the nitrous really until I changed shocks.
Posted By: JCCuda

Re: Viking shocks... - 05/02/16 06:39 PM

Myron [/quote]
iagree I put a set of them on my car and it made a huge difference. Allowed me to use all this extra power from the nitrous. Before it was just going up in smoke no matter what I did. Can ran consistent mid 9s on motor, but wouldn't do anything on the nitrous really until I changed shocks. [/quote]

Did you go with the Viking Warrior series or the Crusader Series? What shocks did you have on the car before you made the change? My car is a 10.00 footbrake bracket car that has a stock loose non adjustable on the front right now and I'm not sure if the Warrior is sufficient or if I need to step up to the Crusader. Any adjustable I put on it should be an improvement but I hope to only pay once. The rear shocks on my car are Afco double adjustable's with a ladder bar.

Re: Viking shocks... - 05/02/16 08:54 PM

I had tried a few different shocks up front...CE 3 ways, Calvery 90/10s, and some home modified Lakewood 90/10 shocks. The Lakewoods worked the best when the car was naturally aspirated.
I had the Rancho 9 ways on the back.

The Viking front shocks are just their standard double adjustable. From what they told me when I bought them, they don't offer a Crusader option for front shocks. The Viking rears I got the Crusader option, which is what they recommended for high powered applications.
Posted By: astjp2

Re: Viking shocks... - 05/03/16 03:40 AM

What is the crusader option?

Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
I had tried a few different shocks up front...CE 3 ways, Calvery 90/10s, and some home modified Lakewood 90/10 shocks. The Lakewoods worked the best when the car was naturally aspirated.
I had the Rancho 9 ways on the back.

The Viking front shocks are just their standard double adjustable. From what they told me when I bought them, they don't offer a Crusader option for front shocks. The Viking rears I got the Crusader option, which is what they recommended for high powered applications.
Posted By: Skeptic

Re: Viking shocks... - 05/03/16 04:13 AM

They offer custom valving for various applications, last time I checked it was $75 usd each. Here is their page on the specifics. They prototyped a very trick aftermarket active shock system @ SEMA 2014, but they don't have any more info on it. shruggy

Re: Viking shocks... - 05/03/16 02:28 PM

astjp2...stiffer valving for high powered applications.
© 2024 Moparts Forums