Moparts

Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back

Posted By: pittsburghracer

Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/26/16 01:30 AM

Thank God the boys are back. Not saying I hated the New Orleans show because I watched it EVERY week but they have a long ways to go for the show to be as good as the original. Quick trip to the store to buy some chicken wings then its time to kick back and enjoy the show.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/26/16 01:54 AM

DVD set to record so I can pass through the bs commercials....... punkrocka
Posted By: Rob C

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/26/16 01:55 AM

I didn't like the New-O show. Cars all over the road, and makin excuses for it like it is an excepted issue while calling the "Sane" racers cowards.
What a child!

So far, I like only one guy. LOL, the ring leader.

Glad the OK, crew is back. No more New-O for me, thanks, no thanks. Turd show!
Posted By: CTD5.9

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/26/16 02:24 AM

time to borrow it from the internet because it won't air in Canada forever. I do hope those guys do a podcast tomorrow, I enjoy listening to them more then the show sometimes.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/26/16 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By Thumperdart
DVD set to record so I can pass through the bs commercials....... punkrocka

That's what I do most of the time, the commercials seem to be insanely long. I don't mind watching the New Orleans show but I'm ready for some OKC action.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/26/16 04:01 AM

Watching it now. I agree I don`t like New Orleans show as much.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/26/16 04:19 AM

I quit watching it awhile back when i ditched cable, maybe it will be on netflix eventually and I can catch up lol.

They were filming here in Tulsa last night. I saw somewhere that they did not wrap up until 6:30 sunday morning. Lutz with Mad Max and Murder Nova have also both been in Tulsa testing this week.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/26/16 04:40 AM

dung beetle beat a Hellcat.
Posted By: parksr5

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/26/16 04:45 AM

Originally Posted By Bad340fish
I quit watching it awhile back when i ditched cable, maybe it will be on netflix eventually and I can catch up lol.

They were filming here in Tulsa last night. I saw somewhere that they did not wrap up until 6:30 sunday morning. Lutz with Mad Max and Murder Nova have also both been in Tulsa testing this week.

I watch them on You Tube; you'll only be able to watch until midway through the 7th season but hey, it's better than nothing.
Posted By: Rob C

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/26/16 06:48 AM

LOL, Dung Beatle set up for 1/8th mile.
Hell Cat Challenger, NOT set up for an 1/8th mile.
No shame on the car. Driver "Hoodwinked!"
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/26/16 08:41 AM

Originally Posted By Rob C
LOL, Dung Beatle set up for 1/8th mile.
Hell Cat Challenger, NOT set up for an 1/8th mile.
No shame on the car. Driver "Hoodwinked!"

Good thing it wasn't scripted........
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/26/16 01:15 PM

I'd bet that VW is in the 9's...
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/26/16 01:59 PM

I was so pissed at myself, I forgot it was on last night and missed it. I hope they replay it soon.
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/26/16 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By 72Swinger
dung beetle beat a Hellcat.

Street tires against drag slicks was the difference there. Soon as they started talking about a race, I said if the newbie in the 'Cat had the original tires on the car, he didn't have a chance.

Another example of more money than sense.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/26/16 04:26 PM

I kinda enjoyed seeing Chuck get beat 2 times in a row by the same truck.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/26/16 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
I kinda enjoyed seeing Chuck get beat 2 times in a row by the same truck.

Easy big guy, your a small tire guy now. Can't route for them big tired cars.
Posted By: 6bblRoadrunner

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/26/16 05:42 PM

DusterDave...if it's anything like last season, they'll re-play it right before next weeks episode.
Posted By: 66 Belvedere

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/26/16 06:36 PM

Remember it is a TV show and enjoy it for what it is. N.O. will get better.

Ray
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/26/16 08:21 PM

The market share for the N.O. show plummeted after week 1. They will at least get a season two, but if ratings don't come way up, I wouldn't expect a third. They don't have enough cars, especially big tired ones and the ones they do have other than Kye and Scott are questionable at best. They are also having problems finding roads to race on
Posted By: slammedR/T

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/27/16 12:26 AM

BIG TIRE FTW!!!!!!!!!

smile
Posted By: furious70

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/27/16 12:42 AM

Dung beetle got spanked hard at cash days though. It's definitely a purpose built weapon to go fishing and prey on guys' pride - they're good at their game for sure!
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/27/16 06:36 AM

Originally Posted By 6bblRoadrunner
DusterDave...if it's anything like last season, they'll re-play it right before next weeks episode.

I'll be watching out for it, thanks.
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/27/16 04:07 PM

Caught it. It is just so much smoother than the NO show. I know NO is new, but man, the original is worlds better.
Also, did anyone think that the fact that NO seems like it's always filmed at night makes a difference? It is nice to see some daylight in the OKC show.
It also seems the chemistry between the OKC guys when they aren't racing seems better. Maybe it's just Farmtruck and AZN and Chief and Shawn that get along well and that makes the show a little less "dark". Aside for Kye and Bobby, there doesn't seem to be a lot of the guys on NO that seem to want to be around each other when the races aren't happening...
Anyway, love the show, will look forward to seeing it every week.
Maybe we should take up a collection to put a Mopar engine in Dominator's Dart! Lol.
Posted By: CTD5.9

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/27/16 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By OhioMopar

Maybe we should take up a collection to put a Mopar engine in Dominator's Dart! Lol.

He did say he would like a hemi one day, of course that was in the interview where he was talking about his new twin turbo chevy engine.

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/27/16 04:33 PM

He's said multiple times he would like to put a Mopar engine in it. But he can't afford to run one that makes the power that he can make with the Chevy stuff. I guess he isn't rich. Lol
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/27/16 05:38 PM

Dominator's dart had a hemi in it w/ the previous owner. They ran a no wheelie bar race, put it on the bumper, and destroyed the front end. That's when he bought it, fixed the front end and put his Chevy motor in it. He did say his goal is to have a twin turbo hemi in it eventually.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/27/16 10:28 PM

AJPE Hemi's will start rearing their ugly heads soon enough, mark my words. The closer they get to wanting Top Fuel power, the closer they will get to just biting the bullet.

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/29/16 01:00 AM

Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
Dominator's dart had a hemi in it w/ the previous owner. They ran a no wheelie bar race, put it on the bumper, and destroyed the front end. That's when he bought it, fixed the front end and put his Chevy motor in it. He did say his goal is to have a twin turbo hemi in it eventually.

I didn't know that. That's cool. Hope he can get his wish. I think a twin turbo Hemi would be pretty competitive with that crew, except for the car probably being heavier than a lot of them.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Street Outlaws. The Oklahoma Boys are back - 04/30/16 02:53 AM

Originally Posted By Spaceman Spiff
I'd bet that VW is in the 9's...

I suspect -- with no proof to back it up -- it's a lot more effective in the 1/8th than the 1/4. But I'd like to know the truth about that ugly lil' Bug.
© 2024 Moparts Forums