Moparts

426 Hemi Motor mount measurement?

Posted By: 410mopar

426 Hemi Motor mount measurement? - 04/21/16 03:49 AM

I have a plastic mock up block, but its not fitting up with the mounts/k-member on my 65 Coronet. I'm wondering if the plastic block is too wide at the pads where the mounting bracket bolt. Can someone measure a the width of a real block at these machined pads?
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: 426 Hemi Motor mount measurement? - 04/21/16 05:25 AM

11.480"

I just measured an original 1967 Hemi block, and a Mopar performance iron replacement block and they were both the same. I hope this helps! Good luck, Joel

Re: 426 Hemi Motor mount measurement? - 04/21/16 06:15 PM

That explains part of my problem. My plastic block measure 11.811". I now need to machine down the pads, but which side?

1) Is the crankshaft centered between these pads?
2) My threaded holes are 3/8" course. Should they not be 7/16" course?
3) I now wonder if the threaded holes in my pads are in the correct location. Can you give me a measurement of where the threaded holes are in relation to the front and bottom of the block?

Now that I have this plastic block I my as well make it correct.
Posted By: v cummins

Re: 426 Hemi Motor mount measurement? - 04/21/16 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By 410mopar
That explains part of my problem. My plastic block measure 11.811". I now need to machine down the pads, but which side?

1) Is the crankshaft centered between these pads?
2) My threaded holes are 3/8" course. Should they not be 7/16" course?
3) I now wonder if the threaded holes in my pads are in the correct location. Can you give me a measurement of where the threaded holes are in relation to the front and bottom of the block?

Now that I have this plastic block I my as well make it correct.

Yes 7/16.
Yes crank centered
left or driver side 1.600 up from pan rail too center of hole (lower hole)
4.700 back from timing rail (front lower hole)
Right side 2.050 up and 3.00 back (front lower hole)

Re: 426 Hemi Motor mount measurement? - 04/22/16 12:59 AM

A big thank you!! Looks like the main problem is that my block is too wide and the pads are not centered with the crank. The threaded mount holes are located correctly, just that they are 3/8". With your measurement I can fix all this. Don
© 2024 Moparts Forums