Moparts

PROBLEM SOLVED..............

Posted By: Thumperdart

PROBLEM SOLVED.............. - 04/19/16 04:14 AM

So after the collar and all of the dizzy post`s, mine is finally rock solid and was strictly from rotor slot slop. I already run a rubber/nylon home made collar and made a shim to go over the bottom of the slot from a piece of brass feeler gauge and shaped it to fit and siliconed it on to stay and it cant come out cos the collar covers it........Thankxxx for the shim idea............. beer
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: PROBLEM SOLVED.............. - 04/19/16 04:27 AM

I'm glad you got it squared away... let me know what
happens when you pull your dist after some time..
curious if the shim falls out... but being I weld I
will continue to do it as I always have
wave

Re: PROBLEM SOLVED.............. - 04/19/16 04:46 AM

I had to use the hold down to wedge it in the gear slot so if/when it comes, out it will be 1-piece....... laugh2
Posted By: littleVAL

Re: PROBLEM SOLVED.............. - 04/19/16 05:14 AM

Why don't you bring it by the house i can put a little weld and clean it up in the mill. If you bring the drive we can make it fit perfect and you won't risk a piece after metal getting somewhere bad.

Re: PROBLEM SOLVED.............. - 04/19/16 05:17 AM

That would be the SMART way Don but it can`t go anywhere cos it`s captive by the collar and this is just a temp. deal and experiment.......I may take you up on that if you can braze........
Posted By: deaks

Re: PROBLEM SOLVED.............. - 04/19/16 08:42 AM

I took my distributor out put it on the end of an anvil, gave it a sharp rap with an hammer on both ends of the tang and it fitted snug after that.
Mick
Posted By: Dodgeguy101

Re: PROBLEM SOLVED.............. - 04/19/16 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By deaks
I took my distributor out put it on the end of an anvil, gave it a sharp rap with an hammer on both ends of the tang and it fitted snug after that.
Mick

Ah yes, the ford approach.
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: PROBLEM SOLVED.............. - 04/19/16 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By Dodgeguy101
Mick

Oops. I almost said that I take a similar approach (except with a chisel) to tighten the fit between the two. But after seeing the Ford comment, I am glad I didn't.

laugh2
Posted By: BradH

Re: PROBLEM SOLVED.............. - 04/19/16 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By Dodgeguy101
Mick

I was shown this approach by a true Mopar or Die guy years ago and have used it myself.
Posted By: deaks

Re: PROBLEM SOLVED.............. - 04/19/16 05:53 PM

You don't need to bash the hell out of it, just hold the distributor with the end of the shaft on the anvil and give it a light rap, flip it over do the other side and try it.
Oh and here's one of my Fords.
Mick

Attached picture mms_20160412_100256.jpg

Re: PROBLEM SOLVED.............. - 04/19/16 10:30 PM

You don't need to bash the hell out of it, just hold the distributor with the end of the shaft on the anvil and give it a light rap, flip it over do the other side and try it.
Oh and here's one of my Fords.
Mick

Nice car and love Fords second to Mopars......... thumbs
Posted By: ProSport

Re: PROBLEM SOLVED.............. - 04/19/16 10:53 PM

That's a sweet little Stang
© 2024 Moparts Forums