Moparts

x pipes and exahust cutouts

Posted By: mprhound

x pipes and exahust cutouts - 02/03/09 08:27 PM

will a x-pipe(befroe the cutouts) be any benifit when exhaust cutouts are used and opened? I believed that the x-pipe is only usefull with the full exahaust system throught the mufflers. I do not think it would be usefull with the cutouts opened, but want other opinions to settle a discussion, Thanks
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: x pipes and exahust cutouts - 02/03/09 10:00 PM

On this kit they do it after X
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail...mp;autoview=sku
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: x pipes and exahust cutouts - 02/03/09 10:02 PM

3"
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail...mp;autoview=sku
Posted By: BobR

Re: x pipes and exahust cutouts - 02/04/09 02:37 AM

Quote:

will a x-pipe(befroe the cutouts) be any benifit when exhaust cutouts are used and opened? I believed that the x-pipe is only usefull with the full exahaust system throught the mufflers. I do not think it would be usefull with the cutouts opened, but want other opinions to settle a discussion, Thanks

I agree with you and have never seen a real race car with open headers using an X pipe.
Posted By: MoparDonny

Re: x pipes and exahust cutouts - 02/04/09 03:23 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I agree with you and have never seen a real race car with open headers using an X pipe.

There is a guy around here that has a large X-Pipe on a big block Camaro and he runs it with no mufflers when he's at the track. Don't know how much better it works but his car is noticeably faster in full racing trim.

Don.
Posted By: mprhound

Re: x pipes and exahust cutouts - 02/04/09 03:37 PM

a bump for todays crowd!
© 2024 Moparts Forums