Moparts

Bigblock Blower motor in an A-body-WHICH RADIATOR??

Posted By: BEEQUIK

Bigblock Blower motor in an A-body-WHICH RADIATOR?? - 04/12/16 03:47 AM

Ok-I finally have the blower motor in my 68 dart and I need to know what radiator will fit and cool a 650-700 Horse 440. HELP! I would post a picture or twelve if I could figure out how to get them from my iPhone and onto here.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Bigblock Blower motor in an A-body-WHICH RADIATOR?? - 04/12/16 04:24 AM

You might want to ask Hemi-itis.. granted his
is in a B-body but the radiator size is whats
important
wave
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Bigblock Blower motor in an A-body-WHICH RADIATOR?? - 04/12/16 05:59 AM

Don't take this wrong but 700 HP on the street is not a real problem to cool. I bought a new 22x19inch two core aluminum radiator from Best racing for my old pump gas Duster (it ran 180 to 200 F when crusing)up It made 727 HP on Oregon pump gas shruggy It had a Griffin 4 core cross flow brass and copper radiator of the same size in it originaly but it wouldn't keep that motor cool enough, it ran 220 F + when cruising work IHTHs

Re: Bigblock Blower motor in an A-body-WHICH RADIATOR?? - 04/12/16 06:24 AM

Cab- do you remember if it was cross-flow or tanks on top/bottom? Its more trying to fit it all in there with twin fans,trans cooler and radiator and grille.seems tight.Anybody use a champion radiator?

Re: Bigblock Blower motor in an A-body-WHICH RADIATOR?? - 04/12/16 06:26 AM

here is a link that has some pics of the progress…

http://www.bigblockdart.com/forum/showthread.php?26802-My-68-Dart-build-coming-along-finally
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Bigblock Blower motor in an A-body-WHICH RADIATOR?? - 04/12/16 08:26 AM

The aluminum radiator had conventional tanks and outlets for the BB with the lower outlet on the drivers side and the upper outlet on the passenger side. the Griffen had side tanks with the outlet like normal BB radiators have, lower outlet on drivers side, upper centered or on the passenger side.
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: Bigblock Blower motor in an A-body-WHICH RADIATOR?? - 04/12/16 02:21 PM

When I had a 440 in my Duster, I used a Howe 19x28 radiator, with a pair of Perma-Cool 14" fans. 13" fans would have fit better. This pic was taken before I built a shroud, which I highly recommend. Even when I swapped to a blown 528 Hemi, I never had any cooling problems. I think I paid $200 for the rad at Summit.

[
Posted By: cdwmotorsports

Re: Bigblock Blower motor in an A-body-WHICH RADIATOR?? - 04/12/16 02:25 PM

Lots of guys on forabodiesonly.com using the Champion radiators. CC375 is the big block one most are using.
© 2024 Moparts Forums