Moparts

Freiburger put my motor on his site

Posted By: dthemi

Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/03/09 03:12 AM

More proof DF likes Mopes, Can't wait to see how HRM shapes up after he's back in the saddle. Hopefully we'll see some more new event's to play in. My car, like some others are pink elephants that really don't fit into conventional race programs, so maybe hot rod will have some new stuff to shoot for. Maybe,,,,N/A E85 drags

here's the link http://www.freiburgersjunkyard.com/
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/03/09 03:16 AM

Nice job, Darren. I think anybody in their right mind would appreciate the detail and beauty of your elephant. Great details and pics. I love the wire-routing..
Posted By: CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Re: Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/03/09 03:16 AM

Well geeeeez Darren, we wonder why!

Can't wait to see your car in action again danged you!
Posted By: ChrisJohnston669

Re: Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/03/09 03:27 AM

That engine is a piece of art!
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/03/09 03:38 AM

Was thinking the same thing myself. The thing is absolutely beautiful. Congrats on the continued and ongoing press. Cant wait to see it in Vegas.
Posted By: Runner

Re: Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/03/09 03:43 AM

Quote:

i think its the best looking engine ive ever seen, bar none. i think you should drag your car over to spokane july 4-5 for the hot rod race. the track has a bad reputation but bucky austin just signed a 25 year deal to run the track and has jay livingston as the track manager ( jays dad owns woodburn) part of the deal has bucky doing 2 million in improvments before the track opens. http://www.spokanemotorsportspark.com/
Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/03/09 04:01 AM

congrats, how do ya like wash state?? you get a little bit of everything here

Re: Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/03/09 04:12 AM

Hey thanks guys, I'm happy as can be in Washington, though I'm in Ga right now checking on my 70 challenger's progress. I've been on a 5 year wait list for a guy here in GA to do the body mods and work for my one day hemi street ride. He finally got to me, so I came down to start the blood loss.

I can't wait to see your Cuda too Al. Vegas should be fun. If they let me race it I'll be first round fodder.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/03/09 04:15 AM

Your car`s a work of art and the motor`s just one awesome piece of that bad a$$ puzzle.

Re: Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/03/09 04:17 AM

Darren maybe we should line up against each other first round. That way we will both improve our odds of winning a round. Plus it would make a cool picture, as long as they dont show the end when you beat me
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 02/03/09 04:20 AM

Post deleted by Defbob - 02/03/09 04:44 AM

Re: Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/03/09 04:50 AM

Quote:

that motor is prettier than most of my dates

I'm not touching that one!
Posted By: Get-X

Re: Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/03/09 04:55 AM

You deserve some recognition. Your car is awesome and you're always helpful on the board and seem like a good dude.

Post deleted by Defbob - 02/03/09 05:08 AM

Posted By: B1Fish540

Re: Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/03/09 05:49 AM

Congrats..thats a great write up, DT! Exactly how it should be done up..showing every gorgeous detail!

Re: Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/03/09 03:23 PM

Quote:

Darren maybe we should line up against each other first round. That way we will both improve our odds of winning a round. Plus it would make a cool picture, as long as they dont show the end when you beat me

Well I don't know about beating you, but I do know my tranny reacts so slowly it'll make a good side shot because you'll put a car length on me before I move on a pro tree. I don't know if I'll have time to move my brake line, and get a diaper on the car before then, and I bet it'll be an issue there. How's tech?
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/03/09 03:29 PM

Quote:

congrats
Posted By: Lil Demon

Re: Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/03/09 03:34 PM

Re: Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/03/09 03:54 PM

Well I have seen tech at Mopars at the Strip go both ways. From very tough to very lenient. From my perspective dont do the diaper for tech do it for your car and for yourself.

Would make a good picture with them side by side in the burnout box.

Re: Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/03/09 05:13 PM

Yeah, I know I need one for safety, but it's tough with headers wrapped against the block. I've got a fuel pan that's like.132 thick that would contain a minor problem, but a big blowout would be a mess. I'm going to try to just get one on how ever it'll go, but I'm not too optimistic about the results.

How fast does your car run now Al?

Re: Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/03/09 05:20 PM

I know when I had the Hemi in the Barracuda the headers were right against the block even with a tube chassis. We ended up having some of that flame proof sheet added to the sides. The header wrap stuff, only in sheet form. That seemed to solve the melting of the blanket issue for me. I know it is not easy to get a blanket on a stock type front end car.

My junk is still not working like I want it to. I blew oil all over from the puke tank on the last time out. Been having a ton of little issues, nothing big just trying to get the chassis happy with the new motor. Last Saturday I clicked it off a hair early somewhere after the 1000' mark and went 8.40. Still not happy with the 60'performance, might go back to the original converter I was using as these fancy new ones dont seem to work to well for me. I know there is more there just need to find it. These one pass days are getting old.

Re: Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/03/09 05:29 PM

I know the feeling. I'll be limited to an 8.50, so I'll leave the nitrous converter in, and the high rear gear, and just kill it on the line. My car is 3440 pounds with me in it, and it just never 60's in line with the 1/4 times. I may put a shorter tire on it and see what happens, but I'm sure no matter what tech will draw the line at 8.50. I agree about the picture though, that'll be a nice'n!
Posted By: Kudakidd

Re: Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/03/09 06:40 PM

I would have to sell my house just to build that motor!
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/04/09 01:43 AM

It is an awesome piece

Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/04/09 01:50 AM

Quote:

I know the feeling. I'll be limited to an 8.50, so I'll leave the nitrous converter in, and the high rear gear, and just kill it on the line. My car is 3440 pounds with me in it, and it just never 60's in line with the 1/4 times. I may put a shorter tire on it and see what happens, but I'm sure no matter what tech will draw the line at 8.50. I agree about the picture though, that'll be a nice'n!

The majority of tracks up here wouldn't blink an eye if your car went sub 8.50. look forward to seeing it.
Posted By: 10sec440

Re: Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/05/09 06:51 AM

Congrats on the article. The car is incredible, I can't wait to see it in person. How can it have 16.0:1, a tiny cam and only have 190psi cranking pressure? Cylinder volume?(huge)Cam timing?

As far as sub 8.50 tech goes, it depends on where you are and what event it is. I know at Mission they would catch up to you pretty quick. Some tracks in Washington can be pretty lax.

Re: Freiburger put my motor on his site - 02/05/09 02:24 PM

Quote:

Congrats on the article. The car is incredible, I can't wait to see it in person. How can it have 16.0:1, a tiny cam and only have 190psi cranking pressure? Cylinder volume?(huge)Cam timing?
Quote:

The cam is retarded a degree (like the owner) and is just over .900 lift on a 117 with 288 @.05 and 306 @.05, so it's not all that small. Advancing it to 4-5 early would pile some pressure in it, and for sure make more power, but I don't think pump E85 would like it too much. It could/should be on a 118 and be 1.1 lift at the same duration, 5 up and on race fuel, or meth.
© 2024 Moparts Forums