Moparts

the elco just snow balled

Posted By: theraif

the elco just snow balled - 03/31/16 10:07 PM

just a simple up grade
Posted By: madscientist

Re: the elco just snow balled - 03/31/16 10:24 PM

He admitted to going full retard. Got to appreciate that.
Posted By: clonestocker

Re: the elco just snow balled - 03/31/16 11:06 PM

Hot Rodding at it's Finest .
Posted By: justinp61

Re: the elco just snow balled - 03/31/16 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By clonestocker
Hot Rodding at it's Finest .

Absolutely, I seldom hear anyone say "I want to go slower".
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: the elco just snow balled - 03/31/16 11:36 PM

SIX SOLENOIDS OF DRY NITROUS!!!
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: the elco just snow balled - 04/01/16 12:31 AM

Cool to see him and some buddies are doing it themselves.
Posted By: LA360

Re: the elco just snow balled - 04/01/16 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By JERICOGTX
Cool to see him and some buddies are doing it themselves.

I agree, it's a great learning experience and very rewarding. every chassis guy had to start somewhere
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: the elco just snow balled - 04/01/16 01:38 AM

It's looking pretty cool. I think he lost a few pounds there.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: the elco just snow balled - 04/01/16 05:51 AM

Originally Posted By LA360
[quote=JERICOGTX]Cool to see him and some buddies are doing it themselves.

Yep.... and we all learn the magic word in chassis
building..... triangulation
wave
Posted By: Evil Spirit

Re: the elco just snow balled - 04/01/16 12:41 PM

I understand the need for any race car to be upgraded - faster speeds need safer cage, chassis, brakes, seat, etc. No arguement there.

B U T . . . . . .

The Elco wasn't just any normal race car. Flip is probably rolling over in his grave because Kamikaze destroyed the "soul" of the Elco - the begged/borrowed/stole/used/thrown away parts junk-yard dog pedigree look that made the truck such an underdog. And granted, Chris didn't just drop the truck off at a shop and sign a check - he's doing it in-house - the true personality of the Elco never seemed to include include tube chassis and a 4 link - it was launching with the front bumper 3' in the air at a 30* angle and twisting the bejesus out of a stock frame and suspension. To fit the old nature of the truck, well, a local schools play ground would have "donated" it's swing set and monkey bars for the rear tubing. And don't forget Flip's nickname for the Elco - which I think is funny that it gets censored when typed normally- was "The S L U T".

Personally I would have rather seen him do another vehicle than to modify the Elco. And yes, I know - budget is a factor.

But just like I hate to see a 100K all original GTX cut up to make a 200k pro quality race car - there are some cars that earned their "mojo" and just shouldn't be changed. IMO the Elco should have been retired and allowed to RIP with Flip.

So while I'm happy that Kamikaze is still on the show and making changes to go faster - Iwish him all the luck in the world - I just wish he would have changed cars to do so.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: the elco just snow balled - 04/01/16 03:50 PM

This is what happens when some friends get together with some beer and a plasma, THAT is in this cars spirit.
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: the elco just snow balled - 04/02/16 07:08 PM

A guy doing the most with what he's got...no shame in that.
Posted By: 67mprfan

Re: the elco just snow balled - 04/02/16 11:05 PM

I agree I liked the car way it was but give him credit for wanting to stay competitive them guys out in okc are getting crazy fast

Attached picture IMG_20151102_200152_195.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums