Moparts

Machine shop/engine builder York Pa?

Posted By: 1fastrunner

Machine shop/engine builder York Pa? - 02/02/09 08:01 PM

This isn't really for the track, but you guys certainly know your motors and builders. I'm basically looking for a refresh and a little something extra. My 440 was built by a high school kid in his garage over 25 years ago. It's getting tired. From what I know: it's 30 over, stage IV heads, Lunati cam, and Arias pistons. I won't really know what it has or needs until I get it apart. It's a 4-speed car with a 3.23 rear.
Thanks,
Jim
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Machine shop/engine builder York Pa? - 02/02/09 08:36 PM

I use to use Midway in i think it was Mt Carmel when i lived in Pa
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Machine shop/engine builder York Pa? - 02/02/09 08:43 PM

How far is Bob George Racing from you? I think they are in Eighty Four, PA. CHIP
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Machine shop/engine builder York Pa? - 02/02/09 09:13 PM

Quote:

How far is Bob George Racing from you? I think they are in Eighty Four, PA. CHIP

Posted By: 1fastrunner

Re: Machine shop/engine builder York Pa? - 02/02/09 09:48 PM

Chip,
Any contact info?
Jim
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Machine shop/engine builder York Pa? - 02/02/09 09:54 PM

PM him here, B G Racing
CHIP
Posted By: cgall

Re: Machine shop/engine builder York Pa? - 02/02/09 11:03 PM

How about trying it yourself? Take your block, crank, pistons and rods to a reputable shop and have them check everything out. You might get by with just rings, bearings, and valve springs.

Get a racing buddy with tools to help you put it back together.
Posted By: boomer

Re: Machine shop/engine builder York Pa? - 02/02/09 11:35 PM

He is out near Pittsburg which is no where near us. Try Ober's Performance in Lititz. Barry is very particular about his work and has done a lot of the machine work for John Baughman's Hemis. After all, you can't go wrong with a machinist who has a wally.....
© 2024 Moparts Forums