streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/28/16 10:29 PM

Anyone know when it is going to air ??
Posted By: 66 Belvedere

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/28/16 10:46 PM

4/18

Ray
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/28/16 11:27 PM

I lost interest in the other version after 3 episodes....
Posted By: julian2007

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/28/16 11:47 PM

Thanks Ray
Bruce
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/29/16 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By Malicious�
I lost interest in the other version after 3 episodes....

New show lacks a bit kinda like the new and UNimproved N.H.R.A.............Can`t wait for OK to come back and I never thought I`d say that......... boogie
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/29/16 02:21 AM

4/25, they moved it back one week.

Dennis
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/29/16 02:43 AM

I'll be sitting here like I do every week watching the show but I can't wait till the Oklahoma guys are back on. Not really into the New Orleans style as its to close to grunge racing to suit me.
Posted By: D-50

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/29/16 03:53 AM

I heard the gray Regal from Alabama runs 4.20's on the track. I saw it run last year at one of my local tracks but it lost control at half track and bounced of both guard rails and still ran a 5.00 at 90 mph sliding across the finish line sideways.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/29/16 04:07 AM

I'll DVR it while my wife watches dancing with the qars.
Posted By: turbobitt

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/29/16 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By D-50
I heard the gray Regal from Alabama runs 4.20's on the track. I saw it run last year at one of my local tracks but it lost control at half track and bounced of both guard rails and still ran a 5.00 at 90 mph sliding across the finish line sideways.

That regal is really fast and I think one of the fastest stock suspensions G-bodies in the country running on 275 drag radials. I think its been 175 or 177 in the 1/8.
AG.
Posted By: 68LAR

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/29/16 06:55 PM

After watching all the shows so far, my thoughts are that the N.O. guys make plenty of power to run fast, but lack suspension tuning and personality....Kyle seems to be the only one that has his act together, but still doesn't have the personality of a the OKC guys. I understand that personality doesn't win races, I'm a good example of that, but he sounds like all his words are scripted. All in all, the show, for me, isn't as interesting as the old OKC show, but does seem to have more racing, which, I like. I'll probably keep watching it for now. (nothing else of interest on TV anyways at that time).
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/29/16 07:38 PM

I like coming in from the shop and watching the shows (both)
The NOLA guys are nuts, no way I would line up in the left lane running that probe.

Scott Taylor was right for not racing that junk pile.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/29/16 09:13 PM

Speaking of the Probe I would see how far I could probe the owners rear with his head to see if he could see through his own balloyning sauce grin devil It strikes me as really stupid for anyone to want to attempt to drive a car like that against any other racer side by side endangering both of them the way it is now down I would take the car out to that location with no one else around and work on the suspension until it was safe to race the full length of the track twocents
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/29/16 09:30 PM

Yeah those guys are way off,the red Chevelle,black firechicken and the Probe are wrecks waiting to happen AGAIN.
Posted By: BradH

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/30/16 12:46 AM

Originally Posted By 72Swinger
Yeah those guys are way off,the red Chevelle,black firechicken and the Probe are wrecks waiting to happen AGAIN.

The Maverick never looks under control between the hit and the 330 mark, either. Yeah, it's fast... but what a handful to keep going straight.
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/30/16 04:29 AM

The road the New Orleans guys race on looks like a hot mess compared to the normal OKC race spot. I can see why the Maverick is set up so loose, but it certainly doesn't look easy to drive either. At least he hasn't crossed over into the other lane.

Apparently that silver Buick the Maverick raced has gone mid 4.20's @ 170+ on a 275 radial. He had it turned down a ton and still spun hard, while the Maverick was using like 2 full lanes and some grass to stay in front.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/30/16 05:00 AM

I agree the Maverick isnt straight as a string either but at least it doesnt get away from him.
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/30/16 07:01 AM

None of those cars from New Orleans, big tire ones included, have made anything resembling a fast pass. Even John Doe and Kye have pedaled every run I have seen. Bet there hasn't been one run faster than a high 4 sec pass, if that fast.

The grey Regal belongs to Dusty Bradford. He lives about 30 minutes from me. The car has been high 4.20s a couple times on Drag Radials, but those were ideal passes on a race track, not an asphalt road. It's generally a high 4.30, low 4.40 car at the track. But the street is another matter. The blue Mustang of Martin McLemore, Micah Coley's white Mustang are 4 sec cars cars. The black Camaro is pretty quick too...............I don't think ANY of them had ever made a hit on the street before they went down there. Tried to tell them all they had no idea what they were getting into.........LOL!!!

Season 7 of Street Outlaws Oklahoma airs in two weeks I think and season 8 starts shooting next week. I about have the Reaper done now, James and his wife are actually staying with me a few days while I finish it up. Then heading to OK to get it sorted out and help Farmtruck a little.
Posted By: turbobitt

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/30/16 01:55 PM

Dusty said he had the car turned down to 8 lbs boost and the same tune-up was tested at the track at 1.27 60' and 5.28 at 143 to just give a sense of how fast these cars really are.
AG.
Posted By: CTD5.9

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/30/16 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Season 7 of Street Outlaws Oklahoma airs in two weeks I think and season 8 starts shooting next week. I about have the Reaper done now, James and his wife are actually staying with me a few days while I finish it up. Then heading to OK to get it sorted out and help Farmtruck a little.

I assume this is why he didn't race McDoogle in the Rusty Hook? because the car wasn't quite finished yet?

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/30/16 06:09 PM

James is not just a customer, he is my friend, so with my dads illness and ultimate passing, he insisted I take care of family matters and the car would get finished when it got finished. Plus that race did NOT have a locked in date, just a general time and McDoogle started running his mouth, when he knew James wouldn't be ready. Easy to talk when you know the other guy can't make it
Posted By: GY3

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/30/16 07:38 PM

James is not just a customer, he is my friend, so with my dads illness and ultimate passing, he insisted I take care of family matters and the car would get finished when it got finished. Plus that race did NOT have a locked in date, just a general time and McDoogle started running his mouth, when he knew James wouldn't be ready. Easy to talk when you know the other guy can't make it

I love the podcast!

It gives a lot of insight into what really goes on behind the scenes.

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/30/16 07:47 PM

That is completely understandable, and anyone that doesn't understand isn't worth talking/listening to. I went back and listened to the podcast again, while it was just as amusing as the first time and they used the word locked in, you are right they just said "this week". I hope when you guys are done the reaper they can race this out and make him look stupid.

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/30/16 08:04 PM

Wish my junk was fast enough to call someone out
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/30/16 08:21 PM

I don't think it will be all that long before you can.

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/30/16 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By FastmOp

I would call anyone in the 405 out, if they let me pick the road.

... and didn't have enough time to find a set of paddle tires

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/30/16 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By rednuck

James might be your Huckleberry.......he has a Trophy Truck..........LOL!!!
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/30/16 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By rednuck

Of course they do lol! I imagine there's all kinds of machines hiding in the wood work. Tank battle? Sure, 405's got one of those

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/30/16 10:42 PM

Darn it! I would have to put the tractor tires on and find a bigger hole to compete with that. It would be worth seeing chief trying to flag in that though.
Posted By: BradH

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/30/16 11:46 PM

Re: the OKC crew... I've seen some vids recently of the Crow Mod and Murder Nova making some passes on a track... and the Crow Mod is in a whole 'nother league than the Nova now. Whether that's going to translate to getting it down the street that much faster will be interesting to see.

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/30/16 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By BradH
Re: the OKC crew... I've seen some vids recently of the Crow Mod and Murder Nova making some passes on a track... and the Crow Mod is in a whole 'nother league than the Nova now. Whether that's going to translate to getting it down the street that much faster will be interesting to see.

Lots of those if not all were drag radial races. The murder nova is usually running the smaller tire 275 class so he probably has a bit left in the tank yet. At the outlaw street car reunion Murder Nova went 4.28 and the Crowmod went 4.03 be interesting to see when the big tires go back on. I still suspect the Crowmod will be ahead, but maybe not as much as recent events have shown?

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/31/16 03:52 AM

Chief has not even attempted a pass on big tires yet, plus he told me he was putting a 36" top fuel tire on it. I suspect LOTS of tire shake in his future and the Nova has ALWAYS had a problem with tire shake on the big tires

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/31/16 04:12 AM

Tire shake kicks my tail too. And I'm lots slower then them lol
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/31/16 04:16 AM

Big chief went 4.03 and murder nova went 4.23. The crow mod in his class was like 600 lbs lighter then Shawn, even the weight up I think you would see a different story.
Posted By: GY3

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/31/16 05:52 AM

Originally Posted By 1967dartgt

Big chief went 4.03 and murder nova went 4.23. The crow mod in his class was like 600 lbs lighter then Shawn, even the weight up I think you would see a different story.

Shawn even said it was a way conservative tune and they didn't expect it to run what it did!

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/31/16 07:03 AM

Shawn has more power, a lot more, but he doesn't have near the car.

Season 7 is airing soon, but season 8 will be the interesting one. They ALL have new cars. Chief's new car of course. Doc and Monza completely gutted their cars and started over. Both much lighter with 6.0 cert chassis and struts. Monza bought a 5.0 bore space motor as well. Derek redid the chassis on his car and got a bigger motor. Dominator went to turbos. Dave has the new Nova. The Vega dropped a bunch of weight and got a bigger blower. James dropped 300 pounds, changed motors and went to EFI. The Sonoma will be pro-charged...........plus there is likely to be a couple new players who may be faster than all of them, if they get their shot. The guy with the blown 55 that was at Cash Days, bought one of my customers Top Sportsman 55, that has been low 4.40s on two kits. Shawn is really the only one who has the same old car. It may likely boil down to who gets a handle on their new car the quickest

Headed out next week to test with 3 of them and then to Arizona to tune Doc's new EFI combo on the Hub dyno at EFI University
Posted By: racerx

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/31/16 11:43 AM

Who is James? Is that the guy that drives the Pontiac with the Vega frontend? It's been awhile sense the show aired and my memory ain't the same realcrazy

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 03/31/16 02:13 PM

James has the Camaro called the Reaper
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 04/01/16 12:11 AM

James is James Goad. Shane drives the Pontiac/Vega with Bob navigating.

Dennis

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 04/01/16 01:39 AM

Thaxs for helping the old man grin
Posted By: scrapmetal

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 04/02/16 01:01 PM

http://speedsociety.com/nhra-banned-people-participated-street-outlaws/

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 04/02/16 01:46 PM

That was a interesting read there. I see that there's a chance for the outlaw tracks to profit off this. Cause of the NHRA to take a hit. I never new that Big chief wasn't a part of NHRA coffee
Posted By: cortsGTS

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 04/02/16 06:59 PM

April 25th according to Joe Woods
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 04/02/16 07:35 PM

How does chief make passes at the track if he has no nhra lic ?

Sounds like some hypocrite bs to me
Posted By: ProSport

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 04/02/16 11:23 PM

Looks like David Bird Jones wrecked his Camaro yesterday, that sucks.
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 04/02/16 11:35 PM

I think David Bird Jones wrecked, not Birdman (twin turbo Firebird) or the Reaper (car that Monte is working on).
Posted By: ProSport

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 04/03/16 01:41 AM

That is correct, too many Bird racers to get mixed up lol.
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 04/03/16 03:41 AM

That's from a year ago.

Nhra back peddled on that BIG TIME. after all the backlash they got over it.
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: streetoutlaws 2016 okc schedule ?? - 04/03/16 03:46 AM

Originally Posted By n20mstr
How does chief make passes at the track if he has no nhra lic ?

Sounds like some hypocrite bs to me

Not every track is an NHRA track.
© 2024 Moparts Forums