Moparts

towing a stacker w/dodge dulley

Posted By: 1969gtx

towing a stacker w/dodge dulley - 02/02/09 02:14 AM

is any one towing a 30" stacker w/ 04 dodge diesel dually 2 car = 6000 lbs. if so how is it doing the job
Posted By: Stewart

Re: towing a stacker w/dodge dulley - 02/03/09 05:50 AM

Only twice, to the track and back. Never again. It was a V10 regular cab dually but it wasn't a power problem. A stacker is heavy with the lift and support structure. The one I towed only had one dragster in it but when an 18 wheeler would blow by it would push the whole rig away and then try to suck it in behind. Once you learn to watch for trucks coming so you can hold on its better but still not a fun ride. A loaded stacker would have been more topheavy and would have made the trip worse. As I said at the start, Never Again.
Posted By: therocks

Re: towing a stacker w/dodge dulley - 02/03/09 12:09 PM

My buddy in Texas towed one.It was I believe 36 feet.He had 3 cars in it.Made the 3500 diesel look like a toy.He towed for probally a year.Then bought a toter semi rig with trailer.Rocky
Posted By: 40ford

Re: towing a stacker w/dodge dulley - 02/03/09 12:14 PM

One comment------Don't Do It!

A Dodge dually will pull most anything---and stop most anything---under ideal conditions! But towing is never under ideal conditions.

To safely pull any type of stacker trailer, you need something like a Freightliner FL70---and many stacker trailers are too heavy for even a FL70!
Posted By: Garceau

Re: towing a stacker w/dodge dulley - 02/03/09 01:20 PM

I sure wouldnt do it....not enouch chassis.

I would hate to see something happen, then I couldnt even imagine the ramifications legally and civily when its all finished.

May be safer going dual hauler gooseneck and putting them in end to end. At least you dont have the height to deal with. Its the height and that chassis that worries me, not as much the weight.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: towing a stacker w/dodge dulley - 02/03/09 01:27 PM

I think it's something you only do once...
Posted By: Rapid588

Re: towing a stacker w/dodge dulley - 02/03/09 02:59 PM

I don't know how your state is, but in Florida DOT (Division OF Transportation) loves seeing this combination as they are going to DEFINATELY give out a ticket as you have exceeded the towing vehicles tongue weight.

As noted above, best to get a goose, before you get goosed
Posted By: 70RTRacer

Re: towing a stacker w/dodge dulley - 02/03/09 03:22 PM

Like Rapid588 said it is to much tongue weight. The tongue weight is about 10% of the trailer weight. Mine has about 1500 lbs of tongue weight when it is loaded. This is the only thing that has worked for me. Lots of $$$$$$ but works great.

Posted By: 1969gtx

Re: towing a stacker w/dodge dulley - 02/04/09 12:37 AM

thank for input I did not think it would a good Idea thank again I will keep looking a toterhome to do the job
© 2024 Moparts Forums