Moparts

Help me decide. Indy valve covers or Fabricated

Posted By: 69charger440_6pa

Help me decide. Indy valve covers or Fabricated - 02/01/09 09:11 PM

Looking for some new valve covers for my 496. Looking at either indys with no logo, or the fabricated 440 source covers. Opinions? Pros and cons?
thanks
Posted By: cudabunch

Re: Help me decide. Indy valve covers or Fabricated - 02/01/09 09:14 PM

I have the logo on mine,they are Indy heads,so why not give them the credit for the speed

Re: Help me decide. Indy valve covers or Fabricated - 02/01/09 09:19 PM

Quote:

I have the logo on mine,they are Indy heads,so why not give them the credit for the speed

I would if I had indy heads
Posted By: cudabunch

Re: Help me decide. Indy valve covers or Fabricated - 02/01/09 09:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I would if I had indy heads

Whoops,then I would suggest the non logo as they fit well and I havent seen anyone write much good about the others
Posted By: Kudakidd

Re: Help me decide. Indy valve covers or Fabricated - 02/01/09 09:34 PM

Fabbed.

Posted By: 440Jim

Re: Help me decide. Indy valve covers or Fabricated - 02/01/09 11:17 PM

The Indy covers themselves are good quality, but I don't like the fact they don't have a lip to hold a gasket. They sell flat paper gaskets for them. Also I don't think they come with any breather holes, check on that.

I just like the lip and conventional valve cover gaskets. I have Mopar Performance valve covers on mine.

I don't know about the fit and finish of the fabricated covers you asked about.
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: Help me decide. Indy valve covers or Fabricated - 02/01/09 11:34 PM

I like my MP covers as well,,,,holds the gaskets well,,,and easy to work with......

Re: Help me decide. Indy valve covers or Fabricated - 02/01/09 11:38 PM

Ya those are what I run at the moment. No complaints I just have had them for a long time and would like somthing different.
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Help me decide. Indy valve covers or Fabricated - 02/01/09 11:43 PM

I run no logo indys on my car with the urethane gaskets from moroso. No leaks and look nice. The other thing thats nice is there is no holes so i got to put my hole where i wanted it.

When indy sends me a free set they can put their logo on them

Re: Help me decide. Indy valve covers or Fabricated - 02/01/09 11:51 PM

Quote:

I run no logo indys on my car with the urethane gaskets from moroso. No leaks and look nice. The other thing thats nice is there is no holes so i got to put my hole where i wanted it.

When indy sends me a free set they can put their logo on them

do you run studs with them?
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Help me decide. Indy valve covers or Fabricated - 02/01/09 11:53 PM

yes i use 6 studs but only nuts on the center 4.

Posted By: 70RTRacer

Re: Help me decide. Indy valve covers or Fabricated - 02/02/09 04:02 AM

Fabbed!
Posted By: 47hudson

Re: Help me decide. Indy valve covers or Fabricated - 02/02/09 12:55 PM

We have the Indy's with no logo but I don't like them. They are a pain to keep clean, we ended up clear coating ours. The lack of a lip for the gasket is also a small neg. to me. We will be getting another set of covers soon.
Posted By: RATTRAP

Re: Help me decide. Indy valve covers or Fabricated - 02/03/09 02:02 AM

I also have the MP covers polished Alum version, I like them alot, Looked @ the indy and fab sets but not the look I wanted.
Posted By: 66er

Re: Help me decide. Indy valve covers or Fabricated - 02/03/09 03:12 AM

I've been runnig Indy (no logo) for five years and love them. I use standard cork gaskets with no issues. My dad had fabbed covers from 440 Source but has traded them for Mopar Performance. I didn't like the breather holes in eather of the Source or MP covers. The fabbed beathers are one in front and one in the rear, and the MP breathers need to be drilled an take a special grommet that won't fit with the evac system that we use. The Indy covers don't stay clean but I'm into the raw stained aluminum look.
© 2024 Moparts Forums