Moparts

Getting married at the dragstrip

Posted By: Anonymous

Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/01/09 06:27 PM

Is this a good idea or bad? We plan on doing it on a two day event on the Saturday evening. He is a member here and a hard core racer. We plan on the weekend of May 2nd and 3rd at the Madras Oregon track. Bring all your mopars and come celebrate with us!!!
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/01/09 06:46 PM

I can't think f a better way to do it.The two of you obviously have similar interest in racing and Mopars.I'm sure you could run into a few racers at the track that don't want you to take up "their" time,but they can get over it.
My wife got into racing shortly after I did,and we have never been closer.
Best of luck to you!
Posted By: dOoC

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/01/09 06:55 PM

GREAT idea.

It is good that you are all-for-it ... most times the female just "puts-up" with her hubby/BF's hobby/obsession.
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/01/09 07:00 PM

i would say do it away from the track on a seperate day and celebrated at the track.my celebration was a few days past at a national event,4 days of the 2 things i realy love.whatever you do wont determine the outcome of your life.BE HAPPY!
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/01/09 07:04 PM

sounds good and congrats you get to feel the rumble twice, once at the track and when you get to your honey moon location
Posted By: Ron Silva

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/01/09 07:30 PM

Dangerous Food

A Doctor was addressing a large audience in Tampa . "The material we put into our stomachs is enough to have killed most of us sitting here years ago. Red meat is awful. Soft drinks corrode your stomach lining.

Chinese food is loaded with MSG. High fat diets can be disastrous, and none of us realizes the long-term harm caused by the germs in our drinking
water.
But there is one thing that is the most dangerous of all and we all have, or will, eat it. Can anyone here tell me what food it is that causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?"

After several seconds of quiet, a 75-year-old man in the front row raised his hand, and softly said, "Wedding Cake."
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/01/09 07:34 PM

Very Cool....Congrats and Best of Luck...

Rickster
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/01/09 08:18 PM

so after you say I do..ya strap her into a dragster ...

any pics of the bride to be and perhaps the location...

heres an idea...when you get to kiss the bride..have em all fire up the engines..

I was fine with just going downtown and getting married by a Federal judge...but NOOO she also had to have the CHURCH wedding TOO!!...

good luck with the wedding
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/01/09 08:22 PM

Sounds cool to me. Congrats! What would be really cool is for the new bride and groom to race each other right after the ceremony.
Posted By: TMP66

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/01/09 08:50 PM

Quote:

i would say do it away from the track on a seperate day and celebrated at the track.

You can do what you want...but total strangers at the track could care less and it's pretty hillbilly way to start off a marriage. The day should be special, not the same as going to the can between rounds. Hey you asked!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/01/09 09:11 PM

Your choice... either way... congrats
Posted By: dave571

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/01/09 09:54 PM

Quote:

Is this a good idea or bad? We plan on doing it on a two day event on the Saturday evening. He is a member here and a hard core racer. We plan on the weekend of May 2nd and 3rd at the Madras Oregon track. Bring all your mopars and come celebrate with us!!!

I think I know the member we are talking about, and quite frankly, I can't see him getting married any place else.

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/01/09 10:56 PM

Quote:

Sounds cool to me. Congrats! What would be really cool is for the new bride and groom to race each other right after the ceremony.

but...that means they arrived in 2 cars or 2 trucks with trailers.what about the honeymoon afterwards. living quarters right at the track!!!!
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/02/09 12:28 AM

Which Scamp which weekend
Posted By: atoetly

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/02/09 01:52 PM

Quote:

Which Scamp which weekend

I believe the lady said in her post that it was the weekend of May 2nd and 3rd? I also believe her scamp looks much like this one but who knows?

Attached picture 4994117-scamp1.jpg
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/02/09 04:01 PM

BOTH have to be really into the racing scene to do it. Best of luck.
Posted By: 5537SG

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/02/09 04:10 PM

dragstrips are for racing, churches are for weddings.

dont confuse the two.

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/02/09 06:46 PM

Thanks for your advise!! Are you going to be at the church or racing on Sundays?!!! God is with us where ever we are!!! As you should know racing!! It will be after all races are done !!
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/02/09 07:00 PM

Do whatever makes you happy. We often refer to the dragstrip as church since that is where we can generally be found on sundays. A local racer up here got married at one of our races last year.
Posted By: 5537SG

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/02/09 08:47 PM

Quote:

Thanks for your advise!! Are you going to be at the church or racing on Sundays?!!! God is with us where ever we are!!! As you should know racing!! It will be after all races are done !!

Youre welcome....

I dont go to church and Im not religious. God's got bigger concerns than who gets to round 3 at the local bracket race.

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/03/09 05:38 AM

Thanks for your thoughts!! Not a problem with the locals!! All will be done AFTER racing is over!!!! Sunset and special!! I feel it is perfect and ALL that will be there loves the idea!!! Do not see to much Hillbilly in that!!!
Posted By: BLONDE BARRACUDA

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/03/09 03:32 PM

Hey... my honey and I are getting married in October at Great Lakes Dragaway. It's both of our second marriages and I dont believe at all that churches are the only place to get married. I say do what you feel in your heart is best. There are always going to be people that don't like what you do, to bad for them! We are getting married on the starting line and having our reception right there so other racin' folks can come and celebrate with us... Have fun and good luck!
Posted By: BLONDE BARRACUDA

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/03/09 03:36 PM

Feel free to get out of your box at anytime... it is the year 2009. Glass half empty? Nothing like trying to make her feel bad on one of the most exciting times of her life... you should be ashamed of your self!
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/03/09 04:07 PM

I say go for it!
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/03/09 06:54 PM

Quote:

Hey... my honey and I are getting married in October at Great Lakes Dragaway. It's both of our second marriages and I dont believe at all that churches are the only place to get married. I say do what you feel in your heart is best. There are always going to be people that don't like what you do, to bad for them! We are getting married on the starting line and having our reception right there so other racin' folks can come and celebrate with us... Have fun and good luck!

do we get cake n icecream too?????man..do I love kissin the brides...

gotta date?
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/03/09 08:26 PM

Go for it

I saw Bill Maverick get married at the mopar nats a few years back

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/03/09 09:02 PM

My Son got married in Hawaii on a beach at sunset on Dec 7th The persons getting married are the only ones that matter when it comes to the decesions on when and where As far as hillbilly, drag racers and rednecks, especially here in central Oregon , we like the way we are, no matter what anyone else thanks Congratulations and I hope your marriage is as great as mine is and has been , 44 yrs and counting
Posted By: Dartsport540

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/03/09 11:59 PM

We got married at the track in August of 2007. Second time around for both of us. It was Rosie's idea to get married at the track. Local magistrste came to the track for 12:00 noon, on sunday. They just called Super/pro to the staging lanes for our 1st timerun. I put the car in the staging lanes, and went and got married on the starting line. It took about 10 minutes, then I was back in the car for 1st timerun.

Attached picture 4998717-tn_Picture003.jpg
Posted By: Dartsport540

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/04/09 12:00 AM

Another. Good luck, and congatulations!!

Attached picture 4998720-tn_Wedding8-12-07002.jpg
Posted By: Prostock

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/04/09 12:09 AM

Marriage is never a good idea. Its the leading cause of divorce.
Posted By: David Lee

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/04/09 01:29 AM

I had a some very good friends that got married at a local dirt track. They were married in the in-field. The bride walked down the isle which was made up of 16 sprint cars. AS they ran down the isle we waved checkered flags. They also started the races for the rest of the evening. They are still quite active in racing, she rather here us start up a new engine than going to a fancy place for dinner. Having a common interest keeps the relationship close. Good luck and let us know where you have your registry, I doubt if Summit or Jegs has one though.

I know that Bend is now a larger town, but do you happen to know the Campisi family there?
Posted By: ProStock1320

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/04/09 05:34 AM

Quote:

dragstrips are for racing, churches are for weddings.

I'd rather be sitting at the track thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about racing!

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/04/09 05:58 AM

Yeah, that's Tacky!!!
If you want to be tacky do it right!
Get a drive through wedding in Vegas.
(that's what I did!)

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/05/09 02:32 AM

Well let me say that this is one race/event that I wouldn't miss for the world

Attached picture 5001695-missionbc.jpg

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/05/09 04:20 AM

Quote:

Well let me say that this is one race/event that I wouldn't miss for the world

It will be good to see you back
Posted By: JUST_N_TIME

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/05/09 05:03 AM

Are Canuks invited or is this a "Made in America" only?

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/05/09 05:27 AM

Quote:

Allen Toetly..!!You better not miss this day!! I have been waiting my whole life for you to find me!!!

Attached picture 5002132-PETS030.jpg
Posted By: Dos Snails

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/05/09 11:59 PM

As long as your fine with it that's all that matters. We got married at a small town Elk's lodge, Wifey was fine with the plans HER family made but now she can't believe that she got married "There"

Re: Getting married at the dragstrip - 02/06/09 01:44 AM

Quote:

Are Canuks invited or is this a "Made in America" only?

We would be very sad if all our friends didn't come EH
© 2024 Moparts Forums