Moparts

Makes me want to ditch my Dana 60.....Wow new Alum 9" Center

Posted By: Dragula

Makes me want to ditch my Dana 60.....Wow new Alum 9" Center - 02/27/16 08:14 PM

Anyone seen these yet?

Just wow.... http://www.racingjunk.com/Rear-Ends/182644555/NEW-FOR-2016.html?imageIndex=6&showSuperSize=true

Posted By: tubtar

Re: Makes me want to ditch my Dana 60.....Wow new Alum 9" Center - 02/27/16 09:02 PM

The bolt on tubes scare me.
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Makes me want to ditch my Dana 60.....Wow new Alum 9" Center - 02/27/16 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By tubtar

I would assume the the tube inserts into the housing 3-4" and the flange bolts just hold it in there. Not much choice when using steel tubes on an aluminum housing.

kevin
Posted By: CTD5.9

Re: Makes me want to ditch my Dana 60.....Wow new Alum 9" Center - 02/27/16 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By Twostick
Originally Posted By tubtar

I would assume the the tube inserts into the housing 3-4" and the flange bolts just hold it in there. Not much choice when using steel tubes on an aluminum housing.

kevin

Curries Aluminum dana 60 bolts in as well, like you said there really isn't any other choice. Currie just did theirs a bit different.

Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Makes me want to ditch my Dana 60.....Wow new Alum 9" Center - 02/27/16 10:03 PM

Mark Williams "Modular" rear ends have had bolt on tubes since they were designed and are the rear of choice under the fastest doorslammers on the planet.

For a race car, provisions would have to be made to install some type back brace
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Makes me want to ditch my Dana 60.....Wow new Alum 9" Center - 02/27/16 10:41 PM

Any idea of how much weight this saves over a Dana of the same width?
Posted By: jcc

Re: Makes me want to ditch my Dana 60.....Wow new Alum 9" Center - 02/28/16 01:47 AM

The ad list built for any rear, Chrysler, etc, does that mean 8.75"?

With axles for $995?

And is it billet, or a high pressure alum casting or what?

Looks neat, and at a price i think it might catch, better get them quick before demand catches up. biggrin
© 2024 Moparts Forums