Moparts

‘The Professor’ designs new Pro Stock EFI manifold

Posted By: theraif

‘The Professor’ designs new Pro Stock EFI manifold - 02/12/16 07:51 PM

Pro Stock legend Warren Johnson has been busy although neither he not son, Kurt, are competing on the NHRA circuit. He was at the Pro Stock test session earlier this week with a new EFI engine combination that was in Matt Hartford’s Camaro. He will also be with the team at Pomona.

The Professor reportedly built the new design for about $3,000, certainly much less than the 16K eek most teams reportedly are paying for an EFI induction system.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: ‘The Professor’ designs new Pro Stock EFI manifold - 02/12/16 08:14 PM

No pics?
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: ‘The Professor’ designs new Pro Stock EFI manifold - 02/12/16 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
No pics?

haha
Posted By: madscientist

Re: ‘The Professor’ designs new Pro Stock EFI manifold - 02/12/16 08:27 PM

I think there would be more performance if they lost the aardvark snorkle thing. If nothing else it just looks stupid. But all teh EFI guys drool over it.

Should have let the PS guys decide if they wanted a scoop or not.
Posted By: booger

Re: ‘The Professor’ designs new Pro Stock EFI manifold - 02/12/16 10:20 PM

Originally Posted By theraif
The Professor reportedly built the new design for about $3,000, certainly much less than the 16K eek most teams reportedly are paying for an EFI induction system.

All that tells me is that WJ will be making $13000 on each system he sells.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: ‘The Professor’ designs new Pro Stock EFI manifold - 02/13/16 02:18 AM

There in last place right now lol
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: ‘The Professor’ designs new Pro Stock EFI manifold - 02/13/16 03:53 AM

And it has qualified, but there are only 16 cars there so far with a 6.70, 14th...
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: ‘The Professor’ designs new Pro Stock EFI manifold - 02/13/16 08:38 AM

Originally Posted By FastmOp
There in last place right now lol

Where is your name on the qualifying list? LOL

PS: It's "they're" not there.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: ‘The Professor’ designs new Pro Stock EFI manifold - 02/13/16 04:16 PM

Engine is in Matt Hartfords car, the Total Seal Camaro.
Posted By: dthemi

Re: ‘The Professor’ designs new Pro Stock EFI manifold - 02/13/16 07:03 PM

WJ is one of the last remaining "can do it all" guys in PS. I'm in their shop a couple times a month, and on ANY day WJ is covered in chips, and hands black. Sunday, holidays, you name it the guy is on his feet getting stuff done. He, and Kurt both still take time to do outside work for even guys at my lowly level.

Every PS motor owes it's core design almost exclusively to WJ's development.

Pile up all the raw materials it takes to make a PS car, and I mean all of it. Give every single person in PS the same pile, with no outside help. Just a one man show, for one year, then see who's on the line at the end of it all. Guess who'll be there, and how many you'd never see again?
Posted By: LSP

Re: ‘The Professor’ designs new Pro Stock EFI manifold - 02/13/16 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By dthemi
WJ is one of the last remaining "can do it all" guys in PS. I'm in their shop a couple times a month, and on ANY day WJ is covered in chips, and hands black. Sunday, holidays, you name it the guy is on his feet getting stuff done. He, and Kurt both still take time to do outside work for even guys at my lowly level.

Pile up all the raw materials it takes to make a PS car, and I mean all of it. Give every single person in PS the same pile, with no outside help. Just a one man show, for one year, then see who's on the line at the end of it all. Guess who'll be there, and how many you'd never see again?

That same type of approach is what make's Charlie Westcott's effort interesting to me.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: ‘The Professor’ designs new Pro Stock EFI manifold - 02/14/16 12:09 AM

A lot of people who hero-worship Bill Jenkins say the same thing.
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: ‘The Professor’ designs new Pro Stock EFI manifold - 02/14/16 12:40 AM

There are are a lot of people in this world that will rub you the wrong way. That has nothing to do with their abilities or work ethic.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: ‘The Professor’ designs new Pro Stock EFI manifold - 02/14/16 04:42 AM

Has anyone heard anything out of Westcott? I was really hoping he would get the car out last year, but never saw it anywhere.
Posted By: wyoming

Re: ‘The Professor’ designs new Pro Stock EFI manifold - 02/14/16 04:46 AM

from what I've read on Yellow Bullet he's still working on it. I'd say the changes would help him since everyone is working on new stuff, as long as his master plan wasn't 11500 RPM or more. If so he's behind, with the new RPM limits
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: ‘The Professor’ designs new Pro Stock EFI manifold - 02/14/16 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By John_Kunkel

A lot of people who hero-worship Bill Jenkins say the same thing.
What became known as the DRCE engine, which is what current Pro-Stocks are based on...........you can pretty much attribute to WJ 100%
© 2024 Moparts Forums