Moparts

2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals

Posted By: 68shifter

2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 02/04/16 01:34 AM

The 2016 Stickshift Challenge will again be Aug 12-14 this year at the Mopar Nationals, as always. A big Thank You to Brewers Performance for stepping up again this year.
Similar to years past Aug 12(Fri) will be time trials, and the Challenge ran on Saturday.
Two time trials saturday morning and then into eliminations. Thank you to all those that came in years past and I look forward to seeing everyone again this year.

Payout:
Winner $1000
R/U $500
Semis $100

The winner will also receive a Brewers Performance $500 gift certificate.
The R/U will also receive a Brewers Performance $250 gift certificate.

All participants will get a free t-shirt, still working on this years design and color.

If a factory style 4/5/6 speed is in the final, thats a $100. (Each of the last two years has had a factory trans in the final).
A case of oil will also be given to best R/T in 1st round of elims.

I am also working on a number of other prizes/gift cards etc to other vendors that may be by drawing, best wheelstand or something-we'll figure em out.

So bring out your stickshift ride and have some fun. This is a laid back event, they'll be free t-shirts again for participants, a custom trophy and plenty of lies told

And two time defending champ:
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: 2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 02/04/16 01:58 AM

What kind of classes are there? I'm in the middle of setting up my car for brackets, hopefully running into the mid 8's. 2x3 chassis, cage, ladder bars, big tire, big block, N/A, hemi box.

Re: 2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 02/04/16 12:33 PM

Just has to have a stick and no electronics. Of course must pass tech for the ET it will run. National trail is one of the more thorough places.

You can run the stick race, then Pro, Nss, sportsman or whatever you like. Just have to pay the respective entry fee.

Hope to see you there.
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: 2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 02/04/16 01:53 PM

Something to aim at. Thanks.

Attached picture Darlington.jpg

Re: 2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 06/27/16 07:26 PM

Bump...

Mail in entries have to be postmarked by end of June.

Engines out of mine fixing an issue, haven't made a pass yet this year and hope I can get it back in before the Nats, otherwise talk about Suck.
Posted By: 68KillerBee

Re: 2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 07/01/16 07:09 AM

Was just searching for this thread but saw it needed to be postmarked by he 30th. O well I'll pay the extra $15. Hopefully j figure out what the knock is coming from in my new build. Ran two years ago with old motor and had fun but car was apart last year. If I can't figure out the knock I may just drive up in my 2010 rt shaker 6 speed and be one of "those guys".
Hopefully I'll be in the bee, say hi if you see a tiger tail hanging out the trunk smile

Re: 2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 07/22/16 10:46 AM

Any others joining in on the fun? My super bee is running now, but I need to figure out why it is cutting in and out when I'm driving. It stops after about 10 minutes/warms up. Plan is to trailer the bee and I might drive the challenger to sell and possibly race if I can't get the bee driving right and more miles on it. Only has 175ish miles on a new motor/trans/driveshaft/rearend. I just went around it and checked for loose bolts. Ugh, now I remember I need to put my new tires on it. And rewire my line lock for Heath smile . If only I had a junk set of wheels to put my almost worn out tires on, so I can fully wear them out at the cruise or burnout contest- then I can also test the rev limiter on the Rev-N-Nator.
drive drive
Posted By: 6bblFLASH

Re: 2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/04/16 02:07 AM

Any reason I can't run my Dodge Ram CUMMINS 6 speed stick???
It's really slow, but so am I. ...

Re: 2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/04/16 09:57 AM

Yep as long as it passes the normal tech stuff you're good.

Initial weather looks HOT-go figure.
Posted By: oldiron

Re: 2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/04/16 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By 6bblFLASH
Any reason I can't run my Dodge Ram CUMMINS 6 speed stick???
It's really slow, but so am I. ...

Hmmm, wind 3mph from west, diesel lines up in left lane, launches, makes lots of black smoke, car in rt lane waits for smoke to clear before seeing that the light is green and has been for 10 seconds, car launches cant see track, drives off into the wall

yep, sounds good drive

working on my car and trying to get it to launch. think I found a clutch problem. thought I was spinning the tires at Norwalk, was just spinning the flywheel. If all good, will see you there
Posted By: 6bblFLASH

Re: 2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/05/16 02:09 AM

LOL.
Good luck getting the car back together.
Hope to see you there! !

Re: 2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/06/16 07:53 AM

If you guys want, pm me your phone numbers and I'll set up a group text to help us know when it's our turn Friday and Saturday. I think it would be beneficial to all. I'm usually over in the swap section and don't want to miss our turn on the track.
Devin

And thanks to Brewers for sponsoring. They also will be buying some NOS transmission gears I have off of me.

Re: 2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/06/16 07:53 AM

Does anybody know what the count is in our class? What has it been in previous years.

Re: 2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/06/16 01:16 PM

Usually high teens/low twenties. They usually don't give me pre registered numbers because a lot of people still buy at the gate.

The class has grown by a couple cars every year and hopefully that can continue.

Andre
Posted By: d330

Re: 2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/08/16 10:49 PM

What's the entry fee?

Re: 2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/08/16 11:19 PM

I believe it was $100, they took their price stuff down from the website, or at least I couldn't find it. Drag race participants can now camp at the track as well. Thanks

Re: 2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/09/16 05:06 AM

I was late to register and I think it was $115 because it was after June 31st or something like that, so it is now probably at least $115 at the gate.

Re: 2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/11/16 04:32 AM

This years trophy.

Safe travels everyone.
Andre

Attached picture image.jpeg
Posted By: 68LAR

Re: 2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/11/16 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By 68shifter
This years trophy.

Safe travels everyone.
Andre

NICE! Wish I could compete for it. Everyone have fun... Thanks for all you do for this class, Andre. Wish it was at another venue....

Re: 2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/13/16 08:13 AM

The trophy is killer!! Where is hour fearless leader pitted it?

Ekē

Re: 2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/13/16 01:29 PM

drive

Re: 2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/13/16 03:58 PM

Bee, we're on the first row between swap and race cars on the asphalt. Black truck and trailer and you'll see the blue cuda car number 1129. Mine broke yesterday on first pass and can't get rocker parts so my weekends done.

I've got a bunch of stickers and stuff from Brewers I'll be passing out in the lanes before first time trial today.

Good luck,
Andre
269-303-6002

Re: 2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/17/16 05:48 AM

Well I got two time trials in for more car. Then as we were about to race the rain came. I changed my dial in from 14.0 to 14.3 and ran a 14.268. I've taken my car down the stripe maybe 10-15 ever and this was the first time with new motor, trans, and rearend. I need to do a lot of tuning to say the least. A set of slicks would be good too. I was hesitant to run after it rained and saw a few people decide against it too. But I guess they really do a good job drying it off and the weather cool down also helped. I was pedaling it and even let off at the end but I still broke out. I plan on returning next year and appreciate this class and the generous prize given out by Brewers Performance. I left right after I lost so don't know who won.

Re: 2016 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/17/16 04:48 PM

Thank you all that came and ran!

Yeah rain killed the finals of the stick class. It got down to three cars before rain. Larry in the silver GTX, Brian in the orange 70' cuda and don't recall the other car. As of now Jim and the track are splitting the purse three ways, the trophy sounds like will be re-labeled for next year and the Brewers gift cards we are still trying to sort out. Thanks again for all that came. Now the long wait until next years.

Thank you
Andre
© 2024 Moparts Forums