Moparts

HERBERT CAMS STILL AROUND?

Posted By: 69dart

HERBERT CAMS STILL AROUND? - 01/28/16 06:05 PM

Has anyone ordered from Herbert Cams lately?

I ordered some bb mopar roller lifters in September and haven't received them yet.

I had been getting monthly updates but I haven't been able to get ahold of anyone for a couple weeks now. Phone numbers say temporarily unavailable and no response to email.

I'm getting a little worried as my card was charged in September.

Hopefully they are just busy or updating some things.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: HERBERT CAMS STILL AROUND? - 01/28/16 07:20 PM

Looks like the web site has been updated for 2016 they show no phone numbers at all. shruggy
Posted By: Ian

Re: HERBERT CAMS STILL AROUND? - 01/29/16 01:29 PM

try here mate ,from what i know rubin was doing the cams for herbert http://www.rubenracingcams.com/
Posted By: 440lebaron

Re: HERBERT CAMS STILL AROUND? - 01/29/16 08:27 PM

4 months? I would call your c/c company, was there 2 herberts? 1 east coast 1 west coast?

Posted By: BBR

Re: HERBERT CAMS STILL AROUND? - 01/29/16 08:36 PM

There are a few email addresses listed on their site.

sales@herbertcams.com

info@herbertcams.com

tim@herbertcams.com

I'd spray an email to all three.

They are also on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/herbertperformance?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

I ordered some roller lifters from them once and they were on terminal backorder. I finally just cancelled and bought Comps from Flatlander.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: HERBERT CAMS STILL AROUND? - 01/29/16 10:35 PM

I thought I had Herberts but I have these instead.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hrs-91727/overview/
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: HERBERT CAMS STILL AROUND? - 01/30/16 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By 440lebaron
4 months? I would call your c/c company, was there 2 herberts? 1 east coast 1 west coast?

Your correct, Chet Herbert the cam grinder, the father, in SO CA originally and Doug Herbert, the racer and bigger mail order store on the east coast.

Re: HERBERT CAMS STILL AROUND? - 01/31/16 04:30 PM

Thanks guys.

I still haven't gotten any replies to my emails.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: HERBERT CAMS STILL AROUND? - 01/31/16 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By 69dart
Thanks guys.

I still haven't gotten any replies to my emails.
I think it's time to contact your credit card company and have them put their dog's on the trail, there are a lot of things that could of happened between there and here, did you ever get a tracking number? companies don't normally bill your CC untill they ship the parts and then will normally e-mail you a tracking number so you can track the shipping progress, you may also have the CC company track the billing account to make sure that the company in question actually were the ones that billed your account,,could of been lost in transit, that's where a tracking number comes in handy,,or and I hate to say this but someone could of stole them right off your porch just to be an azz.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: HERBERT CAMS STILL AROUND? - 01/31/16 09:54 PM

I know there prices are higher then they use to be. They were a cheep option for roller cams and lifters for years, now I'll just use comps stuff.
Posted By: TRJPERFORMANCE

Re: HERBERT CAMS STILL AROUND? - 02/01/16 02:33 AM

Herbert Cams closed their storefront on November 20th. Your experience is par for the course and unfortunately not going to improve. At this point I would definitely call the credit card company and cancel the order

We are located a few miles from his last store, our store will be in Harrisburg, NC and will be opening March 2016. Product wise, we carry the same products and use the same cam grinder he had. Our website is TRJPERFORMANCE.COM, we have a ton of products uploaded with hundreds being added every week.

If I can help in anyway, please give me a call 980-267-8046, Mon-Fri 9-5

Tim
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: HERBERT CAMS STILL AROUND? - 02/01/16 02:40 AM

Sorry to here about Herbert Cams. Chet ground my first roller in 1988. My machinist said that his cam created the smoothest running 440 to come off of his dyno at that time. I currently have another Herbert grind in my present motor. Hopefully it works as well as the last one did.
Good luck, TRJ Performance. I will be looking forward to visiting your website and probably your store in the near future.
Posted By: barracuda man

Re: HERBERT CAMS STILL AROUND? - 02/01/16 03:43 AM

Originally Posted By TRJPERFORMANCE
Herbert Cams closed their storefront on November 20th. Your experience is par for the course and unfortunately not going to improve. At this point I would definitely call the credit card company and cancel the order

We are located a few miles from his last store, our store will be in Harrisburg, NC and will be opening March 2016. Product wise, we carry the same products and use the same cam grinder he had. Our website is TRJPERFORMANCE.COM, we have a ton of products uploaded with hundreds being added every week.

If I can help in anyway, please give me a call 980-267-8046, Mon-Fri 9-5

Tim

Tim can you get the sbm solid roller lifters? checked your web site but did'nt see them.Thanks

Re: HERBERT CAMS STILL AROUND? - 02/01/16 06:46 PM

Well that sucks.

Glad I stocked up on valve springs in August.

Thanks for the help!!!!

Re: HERBERT CAMS STILL AROUND? - 02/07/16 01:23 AM

With a little help from a member - I finally got the lifters!

Doug apologized for the delay and shipped them himself.

Moparts for the win...

Re: HERBERT CAMS STILL AROUND? - 02/09/16 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By barracuda man

Tim can you get the sbm solid roller lifters? checked your web site but did'nt see them.Thanks

I sure do, do you need a performance race lifter, or a race lifter with priority oiling.

Re: HERBERT CAMS STILL AROUND? - 02/09/16 10:27 PM

Glad he made your order right, one of the few.

Tim
© 2024 Moparts Forums