Moparts

Gas Monkey Dart

Posted By: theraif

Gas Monkey Dart - 01/16/16 10:43 PM

heading to barrett-jackson what would do keep as it ?
looks well built coil over front with tubler k-frame 9 in 4 link back ,
i would sell off the hell cat engine to be replaced with a something big and wipe that gm logo on the doors off

Posted By: CTD5.9

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/16/16 10:48 PM

the roadkill guys should buy it and do something fun with it
Posted By: E-Ticket

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/16/16 11:29 PM

From what I saw of the first time pass on it...that car ran damn well without any time to work it over and practically a brand new combination...?? I'm thinking the Hellcat engine should stay in it a while and someone who really knows how to tune it should have a go at it...??
Posted By: dvw

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/16/16 11:48 PM

My prediction; It'll go for WAY more than it's worth.
Doug

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/17/16 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By dvw
My prediction; It'll go for WAY more than it's worth.
Doug

Of course because....."its from "Gas Monkey Garage"...GYSOT..... lmao....
Posted By: b1dartsport

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/17/16 01:43 AM

I think the car is cool as is. I would throw a set of Indy valve covers on it, hide the coil packs, put a better tune on it and have a blast!
Posted By: shocktrp

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/17/16 02:42 AM

Cover the hole in the hood, paint it Panther Pink, & go find some ricers to embarrass in front of their girlfriends.
Posted By: racerx

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/17/16 02:58 AM

Think it went 5.80's in the 1/8.did't catch the mph.
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/17/16 05:26 AM

what happened to the vent windows?

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/17/16 08:12 AM

they just cut them out , i like the dart since i have one 67 already in stock grin

Attached picture dart111.jpg
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/17/16 12:03 PM

I'd leave it as is for the most part
Posted By: gsmopar

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/17/16 03:52 PM

Leave it as is and drive/race the crap out of it!

**edit** Drag Week!!!!!!
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/17/16 04:06 PM

I worry about the lack of finish work. That will kill the real value after the monkey thing fades away. Does it have a chassis cert? What do the welds look like (both floor sheet metal and frames suspension)
Posted By: clonestocker

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/17/16 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By 440Jim
I worry about the lack of finish work. That will kill the real value after the monkey thing fades away. Does it have a chassis cert? What do the welds look like (both floor sheet metal and frames suspension)

Jim, I saw the car @ Woodward. Have some pictures of the finished product. I myself don't believe that they built the car. Chassis Works posted pictures of the kit at Gas Monkey Garage doesn't mean they built it. The inside chassis work is as good as I've seen. The TV guys didn't put it together in my opinion. There is a picture of the engine compartment and it looks like they installed the radiator though.
Posted By: booger

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/17/16 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By clonestocker
There is a picture of the engine compartment and it looks like they installed the radiator though.

So it's mounted crooked?
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/17/16 04:51 PM

Does anybody know the specs of the engine (is it stock) and any info on the car. It looks REALLY rough and really gutted. At 700+ HP stock and a gutted car 5.80's seems pretty slow to me.
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/17/16 06:05 PM

I think it was a 5.80 in the parking lot of the Pontiac Silverdome. There was no prep but they did have a set of clocks...it was bumpy as a motocross course.

Not defending the guys on the show, but no testing and no prep and the "first time out", not bad.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/17/16 06:21 PM

I was at a 2 year olds birthday party but it was on tv so I caught part of it with the volume off. I swear I thought I saw a track sprayer but I may be mistaken. Lol
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/17/16 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By OUTLAWD
I think it was a 5.80 in the parking lot of the Pontiac Silverdome. There was no prep but they did have a set of clocks...it was bumpy as a motocross course.

Not defending the guys on the show, but no testing and no prep and the "first time out", not bad.

Also that track was only 600' from what I was told..
so its short of the 1/8
wave
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/17/16 07:00 PM

Jim, I saw the car @ Woodward. Have some pictures of the finished product. I myself don't believe that they built the car. Chassis Works posted pictures of the kit at Gas Monkey Garage doesn't mean they built it. The inside chassis work is as good as I've seen. The TV guys didn't put it together in my opinion. There is a picture of the engine compartment and it looks like they installed the radiator though.

Now THAT`S interesting..........you THINK or you know cos that`s some serious stuff there especially considering how the monkey crew ragged on the guys for "Not building" their own car............ shruggy
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/17/16 07:07 PM

This is a working shop, that builds cars to make a living. The show may be successful, BUT no way it pays them enough to keep the doors of that shop open and pay all those guys. If you watched the episodes, the car was obviously built in that shop.

Looks EXACTLY like they built it all to me. There are certain things in there that a real race car shop would not do
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/17/16 08:01 PM

I never doubt that they built it either. Aaron has talent and the other guys seem to enjoy there job. Gas Monkey is not the best show on TV but I like it.
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/17/16 10:02 PM

Stock Hellcat (supercharger) engine with nitrous.
Other than re-mapping the PCM (which they did not do) there are no other mods.

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/17/16 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
This is a working shop, that builds cars to make a living. The show may be successful, BUT no way it pays them enough to keep the doors of that shop open and pay all those guys. If you watched the episodes, the car was obviously built in that shop.

Looks EXACTLY like they built it all to me. There are certain things in there that a real race car shop would not do

Rawlings net worth is $15 million, i don't think he has trouble keeping the lights on.

AAron is worth $3 million. He doesn't need to get his hands dirty to put food on the table.

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/17/16 10:42 PM

Originally Posted By Spaceman Spiff

Rawlings net worth is $15 million, i don't think he has trouble keeping the lights on.

AAron is worth $3 million. He doesn't need to get his hands dirty to put food on the table.

There are BIGGER $$$ behind the backing of this show. Don't forget Denis..... he is the one with the mega $$$...the silent partner more-less....
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/17/16 11:40 PM

I don't think those guys do squat anymore. And even if they did build the car, why does it up the value? People worship the wrong heroes !!!
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 12:19 AM

This^^^^, I wish I could support myself doing what I love like they seem to, but they are NOT my hero's at all. They're "color by numbers" hacks IMO.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 12:33 AM

I too saw it at the Silverdome and looked it over. It had me suspicious about a few mods and things did not look completely worked out.
It probably would need some followup welding and or repositioning to make it a real competitive combo. It did sound wicked though.
Posted By: plycuda

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Does anybody know the specs of the engine (is it stock) and any info on the car. It looks REALLY rough and really gutted. At 700+ HP stock and a gutted car 5.80's seems pretty slow to me.

the charger had nitrous. the dart he said they changed pulleys and it was on E85 with an water intercooler
Posted By: savoy64

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 01:15 AM

i think they have a night crew that does most the work---that car they built for dale jr looked awful---tv money all the way---

on pawn stars producers admitted they sent rare items in the door and coach the rickster on the history--on the ghost adventures they admit making their own noises when nothing is happening prompting the squealling side kick---on the alaska bush people the production crew built most of the house and filmed the stars in cameos--and we now know they dont live in alaska 6 months out of the year hence the jail sentence for fraud....but like our spate of climatologists we just want to believe
The show i wanna see now is the powerball winner show where all the flim flam beggars of money have to come on camera and make their pitch---now that would be real---even if they got paid with tv money....
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 02:05 AM

I bet most of these shows start out with honest intentions but the pressure of shooting a show every week kills the honesty fairly quickly. I know if I had a TV crew showing up every week in my shop I'd have to start faking it after a while! It is just too much work to keep a bunch of projects on schedule week after week. You would need a big team of puchasing agents calling vendors every day begging for parts.

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 02:08 AM

How much of the builds did Stacey David do? You don't have to be a genius to realize that all the characters in the reality shows are only there for the drama. The way they carry on a business would go broke in a week.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 02:09 AM

Does anyone know if they raced on a true 1/8 mile? I might be wrong but I thought one of the videos I watched mentioned that it wasn't quite 660'.
Seemed like the Charger and Dart both sounded pretty awesome!

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 02:09 AM

Quote:
The show i wanna see now is the powerball winner show where all the flim flam beggars of money have to come on camera and make their pitch---now that would be real---even if they got paid with tv money....

Oh, you mean Shark Tank !!!!
Posted By: clonestocker

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 02:12 AM

Guys,

I've watched the show and what I've seen didn't match the caliber of the vehicle that I looked at. I saw pictures of a build thread of the car and it was a pile of tubing on the floor and somebody burning wire under the car and people working under the hood or welding on a bench. No pictures of the 4 link, cage, etc. going in. I was impressed with what I saw of the car and any episode of the show that I've seen wasn't representative of the car that I looked at.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY

Also that track was only 600' from what I was told..
so its short of the 1/8
wave

Nevermind, that answers my question, 600'.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Originally Posted By ProSport
Does anyone know if they raced on a true 1/8 mile? I might be wrong but I thought one of the videos I watched mentioned that it wasn't quite 660'.
Seemed like the Charger and Dart both sounded pretty awesome!

It was 600'.. they were worried about the shut down
area
wave
Posted By: joes68340s

Interesting if Arron is worth 3 mill why he was begging for help to buy the Falcon. Oh its TV. Why are there all those cars they built then sold on TV sitting on lifts in the background. They have cars in there going back to the first season.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 02:43 AM

I thought the original gripe by the Charger guys was that Ass Monkeys didn't build the car themselves.

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 03:02 AM

I didn't see the chassis build but I didn't think that anyone there on-site at GMG had the skills to build a straight line car since they realistically aren't into drag cars that much...??? If they did build it....I bet it didn't go through any form of NHRA tech inspection yet...??
Posted By: Sport440

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 04:47 AM

The dart build episode is on now on the Velocity channel. As I recall they did build the chassis and most of the car. They did bring in help to get the hellcat engine running because of computer issues.

The engine build was with overdriven pulleys and run on E 85. The race distance was less then the 1/8 mile by a little bit approx., 600 ft or so. 5.80 was the approx.et number I remember too. so maybe figure 6.00 in the true 1/8th. The car also appeared to be extremely lightened by seeing all the stuff that they showed being cut out of it. But they also added weight with the cage and other stuff. But I bet the car is around 2800# or less.

Edit; Also the good news with them figuring out this conversion. It will help any of us down the road doing the same type of Hellcat conversion. Ok, They installed the engine, but they had someone come in to figure out the electronics. But they still helped us out.

Hellcat conversions might be easier in kit forms down the road.

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 05:27 AM

Diablo did the initial tunes so that will help with stand alone install now. Funny they brought Hp tuner I thought they were Gm tuners.

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 05:27 AM

Quote:
Why are there all those cars they built then sold on TV sitting on lifts in the background.

Because its TV !! As fictional as Big Bang Theory !!

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 05:54 AM

at 1st it was to do a roadkill style challenge dave and mike vs aaron and rich, spend about a $1000 on a junker and drive 1000 miles , then i think dodge got involved

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 06:52 AM

Dodge got involved. That's what has turned me off on Roadkill no longer low budget. Funny Gas Monkey Rich wasn't even a Mopar man then he got sponsored.
Posted By: booger

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By joes68340s
Funny Gas Monkey Rich wasn't even a Mopar man then he got sponsored.

Repeating scripted lines and a few Wooos doesn't make him a mopar guy, it makes him a paid shill for Dodge. They might as well have him play one of the Dodge bros in a commercial.
Posted By: gtsdude

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 05:24 PM

I just watched that episode, they had to bring in someone to get it started, because they hacked all the computer stuff out except the ecm. They figured out it needed the bcm hooked up to run.

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 05:52 PM

You don't have to be a Mopar guy to get Dodge sponsorship, you just need to be in the limelight ... like that bozo from Biker Build-off a few years back. Harleys have nothing to do with Mopars but they gave him a truck ... then he got drunk and killed someone with it !!

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 06:30 PM

Harleys have nothing to do with Mopars but they gave him a truck ... then he got drunk and killed someone with it !!
^^^Who was this^^^?

Also on the weight of that dart I can see it weighing 2800lbs because it was gutted, It look like it had stock front/rear glass but when it was raced it had any side glass shruggy
Posted By: dvw

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By Stanton
You don't have to be a Mopar guy to get Dodge sponsorship, you just need to be in the limelight ... like that bozo from Biker Build-off a few years back. Harleys have nothing to do with Mopars but they gave him a truck ... then he got drunk and killed someone with it !!
You have thar coĊ•rect. Try bringing a nicely run and funded program to Mopar for some help and see what you get. Now if your in the lime light that could be a different story.
Doug
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 06:36 PM

I was embarrassed for Dodge when they put Richard on the teet.

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 06:39 PM

Originally Posted By racerx
Harleys have nothing to do with Mopars but they gave him a truck ... then he got drunk and killed someone with it !!
^^^Who was this^^^?

Also on the weight of that dart I can see it weighing 2800lbs because it was gutted, It look like it had stock front/rear glass but when it was raced it had any side glass shruggy

Billy Lane.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Lane

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By Spaceman Spiff
Originally Posted By racerx
^^^Who was this^^^?

Billy Lane.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Lane
work Billy just been a bad boy, first I've herd of this. Thaxs for that link.

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By 72Swinger
I was embarrassed for Dodge when they put Richard on the teet.
Why?............the show is a hit and has millions of viewers. He will probably sell more new cars than a Pro-Stocker with Mopar scrawled on the side. And SALES is what it's about
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 06:51 PM

He may sell cars.... But in the end he is still....A Richard Head! laugh2

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 06:58 PM

I don't care for him a whole lot either, although I have heard he is a really good guy in person, but I still watch the show, because they do some interesting stuff, plus there is nothing else to watch.

They give him some VERY nice trucks to drive and they are always seen......that sells trucks. They have also done several Mopars on the show other than the Dart, well before Mopar became involved.

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 07:45 PM

I admit I watch the show and I understand its business so take it for what it is but gee wiz get ride of the cars that were built and sold try editing. Rich has already made Dodge commercials. I actually applaud Arron for running a car full out on a roller coaster road. I thought at first he was lifting or feathering the throttle but it was those crazy dips in the road. Like to see them run again on a real course.
Posted By: Polarapete

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By slantzilla
I thought the original gripe by the Charger guys was that Ass Monkeys didn't build the car themselves.

There was an episode on Roadkill where they showed the build of the Charger and the F&F boys did not do it! They had a shop in Michigan actually make it run, though they had to include all the Hellcat ECMs to make it go with all the interconnected gizmos. The Diablo guys made the GMG engine run almost standalone.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 08:58 PM

I like the show, but in my view, the car's being bought are over priced, and sold if they really are bought by someone , that person paid to much. . It gets me that some people on here think that someone other the person that they know can weld and do a professional job. bolt in a motor and transmission and build a safe race car. As with most or all reality shows there are behind the scenes people to do a lot of the work. Ever watch those house renovation shows? SURE , I"LL RENOVATE YOUR 3,000 SQ.FOOT HOUSE IN 6 WEEKS and it only shows him doing anything. Open up your eyes guys, It's a TV show
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By Polarapete

There was an episode on Roadkill where they showed the build of the Charger and the F&F boys did not do it!

This. Gas Monkey built the Dart more than Roadkill built the charger. The shop in MI did the enigne install, mini tub, caltracs, etc.

This episode was the first one I've seen of the show, as I wanted to see if my car got any airtime (0.5 seconds...haha), but the guys build some nice cars. I saw the Falcon up close and personal at Pikes Peak, and could not believe they were actually taking it up the hill. Every square inch of the car was spotless..
Posted By: Mr340

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/18/16 09:38 PM

[quote=Polarapete]

This episode was the first one I've seen of the show, as I wanted to see if my car got any airtime (0.5 seconds...haha),

Same here! drive
Posted By: RapidusMaximus

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/19/16 12:51 AM

I like car shows...scripted or not...it's what I do...cars. I like the Road Kill guys, they are fun and always good for a laugh and heck maybe they are making a living doing what they love, more power to 'em. The Gas Monkey guys are cut from a different cloth, so what, you can't tell me they are not having fun and making MORE than a living, more power to them also. As for the episodes of the Dart build and race with the Charger, awesome entertainment pure and simple. I try not to over analyze the whole thing, the fact that they were both running Hellcat powered old Mopars was a huge plus...could have been two new Camaros...yuck...haha. And yes, I would love to have that Dart...but probably not at Barrett Jackson prices, will be curious to see what I goes for.

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/19/16 01:53 AM

You don't have to be a Mopar guy to get a Dodge but in this case, the idea is to put a Dodge in the lime-lite and I believe Richard has fallen in love with his Dodge truck that he is driving so if that works....word of mouth from Richard is great advertising....!!!
Posted By: Devil

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/19/16 02:41 AM

Here's the truth of the whole thing.

There was two completely separate builds going on. The General Mayhem from Roadkill was being built by Diversified Creations to go back to Rally Fish school and make it kinda the Ultimate General Lee kinda thing.

The GMG guys were building the Drag Dart (way before the 17 days they said).

Dodge came in and said, "Hey, you both are building two Hellcat powered vehicles, why not race at the Silverdome?!".

So they pressed Roadkill to throw out the challenge.... and the rest is TV magic history.....

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/19/16 03:05 AM

If that car came from the San Diego area like I think I heard it did....and was as nearly rust free as it was supposed to be.....what a waste..... Just watching a rerun episode of the build, looking at all the sheet metal & aluminum floor work..... There are a butt load of rusted out back end cars they could have chosen from I'm thinking.....
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/19/16 03:34 AM

Most cars in Cali are rust free, in fact pretty much everything on this side on the country is, especially compared to east coast and Midwest stuff. Finding clean Darts, Dusters etc is a fairly simple deal in the W and SW

Oh yeah never seen the show or the Dart. Looks like a cool ride for sure. Oh yeah as one of my buddies who is a cameraman in Hollyweird loves to tell me. There is very little reality in reality TV

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/19/16 03:49 AM

When I use to travel country wide for my work....the one thing I loved was seeing all the West coast iron running up & down the road and it seemed that the most you ever saw as far as damage was faded paint from that fantastic dry weather you guys out there have....and maybe some dents..? Hardly ever saw any rust at all naturally, which was so nice compared to the nasty moist air we have out on this end of the country......
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/19/16 03:57 AM

Definitely wet over here on this end. I spend a lot of time in Washington DC these days. Plenty humid and lots of water over here for sure. Don't see how cars stand a chance.

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/19/16 05:09 AM

Originally Posted By E-Ticket
If that car came from the San Diego area like I think I heard it did....and was as nearly rust free as it was supposed to be.....what a waste..... Just watching a rerun episode of the build, looking at all the sheet metal & aluminum floor work..... There are a butt load of rusted out back end cars they could have chosen from I'm thinking.....
It was a slant six, plain jane Dart.........no great loss. Plus, they were not planning on cutting floor out of it at first. Starting with a nicer car is ALWAYS money ahead in the end than starting with a rust bucket that needs every panel. If the floors are rusted out, that usually means there is plenty of other rust as well

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/19/16 05:23 AM

Actually they said the car started out as a V8 GT car and someone put a 6 in it which is odd but....its their money, their car....they can do with, what they want of course....

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/19/16 06:15 AM

Actually they said the car started out as a V8 GT car and someone put a 6 in it which is odd but....its their money, their car....they can do with, what they want of course....
That may be the case........seem to remember that now that you mention it........but it's still just a car and you are better off starting out with the best one you can afford.

So far I have backhalved an original Max Wedge car, put straight rails and mini-tubs in a T/A Challenger and totally hulled an original GTX............so I am not the one to talk to about the "rarity" of something and what to do with it.......LOL!!!
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/19/16 03:48 PM

I watched the show, and they went to great lengths to say they built it, they actually made fun of the roadkill guys for NOT making their car, they even said "call who ever is building there car and find out what's in it". As for the car, pretty cool but you could of run 5.80's w/o dumping the hellcat driveline in it.

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/19/16 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By Mr.Yuck

I watched the show, and they went to great lengths to say they built it, they actually made fun of the roadkill guys for NOT making their car, they even said "call who ever is building there car and find out what's in it". As for the car, pretty cool but you could of run 5.80's w/o dumping the hellcat driveline in it.
Well of course you could run 5.80s with any number of combos........but how many of them are straight out of a production car, untouched other than tune. And I believe this was what.........3rd run? I'm sure it has a lot left
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/19/16 05:56 PM

I`m listening..........Love to run 6.0........ laugh2
Posted By: therocks

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/19/16 07:59 PM

rowin4 you are correct.the house projcts are as insane as the car shows.How many people blow say 250 to 700k to remodel a house.Just watched one where they had a water main over 100 years old and didnt know if they could afford to replace it.it was like 50 feet at most.But then they blow tens of thousands on tile.Same crap.That and ever notice they always have a super stupid dead line etc and then the drama of say the motor they just had rebuilt is junk.But hey we keep using the same people.Rocky
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/19/16 08:18 PM

67 V8 GT car would have had a 273 in it , no big loss .
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/21/16 05:23 PM

Well of course you could run 5.80s with any number of combos........but how many of them are straight out of a production car, untouched other than tune. And I believe this was what.........3rd run? I'm sure it has a lot left

thinking about how much the Hellcat engine COST. I'll guess air cleaner to oil pan w/ harness 15k+??? The supercharger alone is about 6k.
Posted By: Polarapete

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/21/16 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By JohnRR

67 V8 GT car would have had a 273 in it , no big loss .

In 1967 I was offered a showroom new '67 Dart GT with 273 4-Barrel and Auto in a straight trade for my '67 Mustang GT 289 4 speed. I wish I had done it, I might still have that car. Instead I traded the Mustang for a Ford Fairlane with 390 2 barrel auto, that my ex-wife wrecked. You learn from your mistakes.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/21/16 10:52 PM

New Hellcat crate engine is $23k.
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Gas Monkey Dart - 01/21/16 11:36 PM

That you can beat on mercilessly forever and it won't die
© 2024 Moparts Forums