Moparts

main and rod bearing question??

Posted By: fiddlestix

main and rod bearing question?? - 01/29/09 10:08 PM

I bought a 440 based 493 stroker kit from an individual and these bearings came with it. Mains are Federal Mogul part #119M and the rods are Speed Pro part #7135CH. Will these bearings be OK on a mostly street driven car or will they have a short life span. From what I have read they won't last as long as some other bearings and aren't the best choice for a street-strip car. Any help would be appreciated!!!!
Posted By: BradH

Re: main and rod bearing question?? - 01/30/09 12:34 AM

I'm not familiar w/ the rod bearings you mentioned but the FM 119M mains are perfectly acceptable for a street / strip application. I don't know where you're getting your info from...
Posted By: MoparforLife

Re: main and rod bearing question?? - 01/30/09 01:30 AM

The bearings should never see metal to metal contact. No bearing will last if they do. Even at shut down and sitting there is enough oil film to cover while pressure builds and tey will have oil before the gauge shows pressure.
Posted By: SSDA3426

Re: main and rod bearing question?? - 01/30/09 01:51 AM

I Have used BOTH Bearings with no problems on Street Strip Applications...They will be Fine as long as you have .002-.004 Clearance....

SS
Posted By: MoparforLife

Re: main and rod bearing question?? - 01/30/09 02:19 AM

Quote:

I Have used BOTH Bearings with no problems on Street Strip Applications...They will be Fine as long as you have .002-.004 Clearance....

SS

IMO - that is pretty loose.
Posted By: TS3303

Re: main and rod bearing question?? - 01/30/09 02:28 AM

actually the 119M is a good choice. It's a 3/4 groove bearing which IMO is the best of the 3 options as it has almost full bearing surface for loading and the extra oil supply.
© 2024 Moparts Forums