Moparts

Three piece wheel leaking air

Posted By: Jacob Pitt

Three piece wheel leaking air - 01/29/09 03:21 PM

What do you guys use to seal up a three peice wheel when it starts leaking air? A couple years ago I resealed it with silicone but that only sealed it completely for a month or two. Just looking to see if there is something better out there.
Posted By: BDS871Cuda

Re: Three piece wheel leaking air - 01/29/09 04:10 PM

Quote:

What do you guys use to seal up a three peice wheel when it starts leaking air? A couple years ago I resealed it with silicone but that only sealed it completely for a month or two. Just looking to see if there is something better out there.

A tube!

3 piece wheels suck!

My old ones leaked all the time.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Three piece wheel leaking air - 01/29/09 04:37 PM

I used Mopar black RTV, it held for about 2 years
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Three piece wheel leaking air - 01/29/09 04:45 PM

I have two different Centerlines that are leaking now You have to clean the old silicone off so it is really clean and no old silicone left, scuff the cneter up with scotch brite and clean with laquer thinner really well. Then find some silicone that has Adhesive silicone on the label and try again, let it dry for several days. Don't use any other type of siliscone that deosn't say "adhesive" silicone on it.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Three piece wheel leaking air - 01/29/09 05:01 PM

Quote:

I have two different Centerlines that are leaking now You have to clean the old silicone off so it is really clean and no old silicone left, scuff the cneter up with scotch brite and clean with laquer thinner really well. Then find some silicone that has Adhesive silicone on the label and try again, let it dry for several days. Don't use any other type of siliscone that deosn't say "adhesive" silicone on it.

Thats what the Mopar black silicone/rtv is... works great
and like you said... get ALL of the old junk off of it
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Three piece wheel leaking air - 01/30/09 01:25 AM

Google Devcon, go to their site and pick your poison.
© 2024 Moparts Forums