Moparts

Small block electric water pumps

Posted By: RAY1969CARS

Small block electric water pumps - 12/30/15 09:08 PM

Got some leftover Christmas money imagine that got some leftover Christmas money imagine that Need some input between the moroso and the Meziere not too sure which one to get this is my first one Would want something that's rebuild And high flow motor make will make around. 625 to 650 and a 100 shot I think you for your wisdom and opinion
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: Small block electric water pumps - 12/30/15 09:14 PM

I don't have neither one I 4 got the name but mine works good no problem here
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: Small block electric water pumps - 12/30/15 09:18 PM

CSR that's it. Lol
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Small block electric water pumps - 12/30/15 09:22 PM

I have the morose with the blue motor. Still works great after 13 yrs. I have more shroud to water pump motor clearence with the morose.

Re: Small block electric water pumps - 12/30/15 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By rickraw
I have the morose with the blue motor. Still works great after 13 yrs. I have more shroud to water pump motor clearence with the morose.

Street or strip?? How much hp ???

Re: Small block electric water pumps - 12/30/15 09:31 PM

Street & strip. About 720 ponies.

Attached picture image.jpeg

Re: Small block electric water pumps - 12/30/15 09:39 PM

Street & strip. About 720 ponies.

Is there a difference between the blue and the silver pumps ?????

Attached picture image.png

Re: Small block electric water pumps - 12/30/15 09:53 PM

Off hand, I don't know. U can make a call to find out. I run a wizard rad/w 4 pullers. Temp never goes over 190 no matter how hot it gets. Runs about 170 on the open highway.
Posted By: JSR1485

Re: Small block electric water pumps - 12/30/15 10:38 PM

Off hand, I don't know. U can make a call to find out. I run a wizard rad/w 4 pullers. Temp never goes over 190 no matter how hot it gets. Runs about 170 on the open highway.

I just ordered the same one from Wizard cool , how do like it?

Re: Small block electric water pumps - 12/30/15 11:05 PM

Best rad I ever bought. It does cost more but, it's an exact fit, their shroud fits perfectly & it works.
Posted By: JSR1485

Re: Small block electric water pumps - 12/30/15 11:45 PM

I talk to the Guys there and they said it should work out fine for my race car, As they say you get what you pay for , big difference in cost from a BS brand radiator and theirs
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Small block electric water pumps - 12/31/15 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By JSR1485
I talk to the Guys there and they said it should work out fine for my race car, As they say you get what you pay for , big difference in cost from a BS brand radiator and theirs

For a race car your going WAY OVER KILL.. a 45gal
pump is over kill but thats what I have.. it even
works great on the street... I run a the fan that
most of the guys run on the street(it the chevy unit
thats all in one)cant remember the 3 letters of it and
with a adjustable thero switch on the fan so it never
sees over 200*.. if I want lower I can have it come on
earlier.. but I have zero problems with 200*
EDIT
Its a HHR fan/shroud assem.
wave

Attached picture 120531_1143b-w640-h479.jpg
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Small block electric water pumps - 12/31/15 12:16 AM

"IF".... I had to do it over again I would go with the TANK MOUNTED Mezier water pump. You would then get Andy F's front plate and only have two AN lines running to the front of the engine. This would free up TONS of room on the front of the engine for mounting fans etc...

http://arengineering.com/products/water-manifolds-for-small-block/

I currently run the Mezier like the CSR pump shown above on both of my small blocks, but have the fan mounted in front of the radiator due to space limitations. Having a "divorced" water pump would remedy that and still give ample room to access the crank for adjusting/checking valve train. Woulda..coulda..shoulda..

this is my iron head 360 and my W8 has the same pump for ease of switching between mills... as you can see, if I had one or two fans on the radiator it would be very tight. So tight that it would probably require them to be removed to crank the engine over with my long breaker bar. Maybe something you wouldn't require on a street/strip car, but right now I want the room to work.
Posted By: D-50

Re: Small block electric water pumps - 12/31/15 01:00 AM

I run the ProForm electric pump with a Summit brand radiator. I drive it on the street and do not even have to turn my front mounted electric fan on. Never goes over 190*. Been running that way for about 4 years.
Posted By: 340B5

Re: Small block electric water pumps - 12/31/15 02:28 AM

I have the Moroso and like it. That said; if I woulda bought a meziere, I coulda got one of Andy's timing covers later and made life easier.

http://arengineering.com/products/sb-timing-chain-cover/

The Moroso is shorter than the Proform and helps w/ clearance issues.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Small block electric water pumps - 12/31/15 02:58 AM

I agree that the radiator mounted Meziere would be awesome with Andy's setup.

I have a Meziere on mine and have been very happy. It did go down after a 14 years but I can't complain about that. They repaired it very quickly for a great price.
Posted By: 1980volare

Re: Small block electric water pumps - 12/31/15 03:02 AM

Ive got the Moroso unit pictured above I just took off. It's for sale if anyone is interested. I'm going remote mount.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Small block electric water pumps - 12/31/15 06:15 PM

I have used Meziere pumps for years. Good parts, great service.

I had them make me a flex plate. It was not as hard as they thought and they sent me a partial refund. How many places will do that?

Bill
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: Small block electric water pumps - 12/31/15 07:46 PM

On my Dart I used the Meziere pump and milled the timing cover flat so I don't need the plate. This gave me about 3/4" more room.

On my new project I really like the remote pump and using the motor plate threaded for fittings http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mez-wp116shd
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Small block electric water pumps - 01/01/16 01:29 AM

I'd recommend a remote pump if you haven't purchased the pump yet. It frees up a lot of space and lets you run a bigger radiator or bigger electric fans.

You can go remote with the stock water pump housing or use one of my billet timing chain covers. You can also use a remote pump with a motor plate.

Attached picture AR363c (Large).jpg
Attached picture AR374h (Large).JPG
Attached picture AR361 (Large).JPG
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Small block electric water pumps - 01/01/16 02:48 AM

Andy.. whats the thread on your manifolds... being
a straight thread... is that like a 3/4 fine.. and
do you think it would hold in a 3/8" motor plate..
wave

Re: Small block electric water pumps - 01/01/16 05:07 AM

No, I don't think it will hold in a 3/8 plate, I think you would need at least 1/2 inch. It is 12 threads per inch so 1/2 inch gives you 6 threads but you need a chamfer for the o-ring to seal on so that takes away at least one thread.
Posted By: BPE

Re: Small block electric water pumps - 01/01/16 03:02 PM

Where did you get the 12 point bolt for the damper? Very nice looking components also.

Rod

Re: Small block electric water pumps - 01/01/16 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By BPE
Where did you get the 12 point bolt for the damper? Very nice looking components also.

Rod

ARP makes the damper bolt.
Posted By: Leon441

Re: Small block electric water pumps - 01/01/16 06:29 PM

Nice stuff Andy.

Depending on how extreme the build. I prefer to reverse cool. If the block is not filled with concrete I like the core plug adapters to deliver water at the bottom of block. It is proven better cooling. Borrowed the idea from Sprint car applications. The R5 actually has a passage cast in the block just above oil pan rail.
© 2024 Moparts Forums