Moparts

Safety Question: Do you use a HANS type device?

Posted By: GTSDave

Safety Question: Do you use a HANS type device? - 12/29/15 07:21 PM

Do you use a HANS type device?

If so which one, and if you had to buy one today would you go with the same one you have now?

I am shopping for one and have no idea which one to go with. There are so many choices....

-Dave
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Safety Question: Do you use a HANS type device? - 12/29/15 11:51 PM

I do and would but there are other choices that some people like better. Whatever you do, get the quick release system.

Re: Safety Question: Do you use a HANS type device? - 01/18/16 08:01 PM

Thanks,

Still looking at several different ones. Seems that are lots of choices, and some look like they would be more comfortable than others. Problem is they don't carry them locally so it is hard to try one on to see how it feels. Some look like a medieval torture device! Wonder which ones provide the best comfort V/S safety......

-Dave
Posted By: Dart Racer

Re: Safety Question: Do you use a HANS type device? - 01/19/16 12:28 AM

I decided to go with the Necksgen. http://www.necksgen.com/

It is easy to get in and out of by myself and allows some side to side movement. My car is not that fast, but I'm fragile.... so felt I wanted something.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Safety Question: Do you use a HANS type device? - 01/19/16 04:00 AM

Another vote for Necksgen here. IMO more comfortable and more movement.

Re: Safety Question: Do you use a HANS type device? - 01/19/16 05:44 PM

The Necksgen seems to be the most popular right now. Saw a couple of videos online though that has me a little weary.

Necksgen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFlmJHP2o90

HANS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDuRVC1HJfs

I am still leaning towards the necksgen, but the HANS sure looks like it gives better protection.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Safety Question: Do you use a HANS type device? - 01/19/16 09:53 PM

Sure looks like you still get a lot of head movement with the necksgen.
Posted By: moparfan

Re: Safety Question: Do you use a HANS type device? - 01/20/16 01:29 AM

I've worn a Hans for the last 2 years. You can turn your head 90 degrees with the sliding tethers. If your the slow car w/o mirrors it will be an issue. Other than that I can't tell it's on. I put it on in the car and take it off in the car before I get out after the run.

Only issue I had is when I first starting wearing it was I would over tighten the belts. I was used to pulling the belts tighter as I pulled into the water box. With the Hans under the belts its hard to feel how tight the belts are.
Posted By: Efidart

Re: Safety Question: Do you use a HANS type device? - 01/20/16 01:35 AM

I like the Simpson Hybrid Sport.. Easy on and off with the -15 firesuit on and has decent movement side to side when strapped in.
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: Safety Question: Do you use a HANS type device? - 01/20/16 02:23 AM

Remember that there are also restraints to keep arms and legs inside the cage in a wreck, same principle, even something made from Velcro with a tether to a tab on a cage member will help.
Posted By: sjs64polara

Re: Safety Question: Do you use a HANS type device? - 01/20/16 04:02 AM

I like the HANS unit, been using for last couple of years.. Tethers allow plenty of room for movement. I really like how device wraps around chest. Im also a guy that cranks on my belts,was always told loose is a no no

Attached picture image.jpeg
© 2024 Moparts Forums