Moparts

bb to pg with chevy case

Posted By: Chris Vanover

bb to pg with chevy case - 12/24/15 09:29 PM

Any one have any pics of this set up? Mainly curious as to what you have done to get the starter on it? any way to move the starter to the right side tucked down low? this is going in a dragster and id like to be able to keep the chevy bell housing if all possible and with out having to cut on it. i have the bbm bell housing if i must go that route.

Thanks for any help
Chris
Posted By: evenflow

Re: bb to pg with chevy case - 12/25/15 02:49 AM

I have jw pg ultra bell in my dragster starter on right side upside down but it bolts to midplate
Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: bb to pg with chevy case - 12/25/15 03:21 AM

Several companies offer adapter kits, here is a link to ATI: http://www.atiracing.com/products/adapterk/akit.htm
Posted By: Dduster

Re: bb to pg with chevy case - 12/25/15 04:52 AM

I've got a PG case and Ultrabell to match to my 500" rb motor. Starter motor is at the usual lower rear of block driver's side. What side are you identifying as the 'right' side? You need the midplate to accommodate with a cut-out for the starter nose and correctly located holes for attachment. You'll also need an approximately ~1/2" thick spacer to set the starter pinion gear to flexplate distance. The hard part for me was waiting for the Mopar to BBC Ultrabell delivery. HTH
Posted By: HR3128

Re: bb to pg with chevy case - 12/25/15 01:16 PM

http://www.coanracing.com/Catalog.asp?ProductDetail=1114
I used this plate on a dragster. Only problem was that the post for the starter cable was close to the oil pan. It did not touch but was closer than I liked. Easy to bang a little clearance on the pan.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: bb to pg with chevy case - 12/25/15 06:51 PM

We have an ATI Midplate adapter on our dragster with a Chevy Bell PG. They can be ordered to mount he starter on either side. Can get you a pic but wont see much as it is in the car
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: bb to pg with chevy case - 12/25/15 07:47 PM

I'm kinda missing what you are looking for but here's a powerglide to MOPAR block bell housing.

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: Chris Vanover

Re: bb to pg with chevy case - 12/25/15 09:00 PM

I have the mid plate/ adapter plate and all that stuff. I guess what i really need is a pattern to cut/ drill the holes on the lower passenger side of the motor. anyone have one of them?

i have a jw to pg adapter and an ati case with the bbm housing already. just wanting to be able to stay with a chevy bell housing because all of our spares are that way and if needed i can find a spare trans at the track alot easier for the chevy stuff.

thanks for your replys.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: bb to pg with chevy case - 12/25/15 10:09 PM

Yep keep it simple. I cut all the noses off my starters so Matt and I can use them with 727's 904's, big block Ultrabells, and smallblock Ultrabells (powerglides). Every starter fits every application.
Posted By: BANDIT

Re: bb to pg with chevy case - 12/26/15 06:05 AM

I have the set-up you are describing on my Avenger. Starter is a Powermaster #9513 and mounted right below pan level. Starter bolts to midplate, I think it is an ATI mid plate because flexplate and spacer are but not 100% sure on that. I may still have the pictures I sent to engine builder if still on my home computer. Jim
© 2024 Moparts Forums