Moparts

NHRA reduces prices

Posted By: Quicktree

NHRA reduces prices - 01/28/09 03:05 AM

they must have read all the posts. also seen Sean's purple top sportsman charger in ND. congrats Sean
Posted By: David Lee

Re: NHRA reduces prices - 01/28/09 06:52 AM

are you talking about the ticket prices? They have not reduced the prices to enter the national or divisionals.

Re: NHRA reduces prices - 01/28/09 10:59 AM

yes ticket prices, page 4 this weeks ND, $20 general admission at all NHRA OWNED TRACKS.(national events)
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 01/28/09 11:28 AM

Posted By: mopartony

Re: NHRA reduces prices - 01/28/09 11:36 AM

Yeah that is cheap but I think they are failing to tell you that in order to sit and watch you will need to pay another $10-15.

I had free general admission tickets to Norwalk last year but still had to pay $10 a seat per day to sit.

Re: NHRA reduces prices - 01/28/09 11:53 AM

Quote:

Yeah that is cheap but I think they are failing to tell you that in order to sit and watch you will need to pay another $10-15.

I had free general admission tickets to Norwalk last year but still had to pay $10 a seat per day to sit.

in gainesville the general admission tickets will get you in and you set on the other side of the track. reserved tickets set pitside.
Posted By: mopartony

Re: NHRA reduces prices - 01/28/09 01:56 PM

Quick,

I should have said I got free ones from work and a VIP parking pass but still needed to pay to park my backside.

It was Norwalk and they have reserve seating on both sides.

No biggie just another way to get you to spend a little more $$

To me it is still a pretty good deal and my time there last year was priceless in my eyes. Took my step-dad, he had not been to a national event since the 68 US nationals.
Posted By: 5537SG

Re: NHRA reduces prices - 01/28/09 02:12 PM

someone wake me up when they lower the prices for the Sportsman actually entering the event or tell me what the mandatory extra $100 (I think it was 100?) insurance gets you.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: NHRA reduces prices - 01/28/09 05:21 PM

i had read that there was only going to be 1500 tickets available at those prices...
Posted By: Phil Saran

Re: NHRA reduces prices - 01/28/09 11:44 PM

From what I read, it was for 1500 people BUT
you had to buy the tickets in advance on the
internet, NOT at the gate.

I figure the couple of times a year that I go
to a national event (Pomona or Vegas) I use
my NHRA member discount (about $10 off) and I
only sit in the stands to watch Stock, Super
Stock,Super Gas and Super Comp.

Then I am back in the pits visiting friends.
Posted By: David Lee

Re: NHRA reduces prices - 01/29/09 12:57 AM

wish they would give us sportsman racers a break on the prices they charge us. I figure when I am on the road I pay about $100 a pass
Posted By: Dos Snails

Re: NHRA reduces prices - 01/30/09 03:43 AM

Quote:

Quote:

in gainesville the general admission tickets will get you in and you set on the other side of the track. reserved tickets set pitside.

last few years spectator side was reserve also. I usually sit spectator on sat & pit on Sunday
Posted By: SSDA3426

Re: NHRA reduces prices - 01/30/09 04:07 AM

Yea The Little FINE PRINT will get ya.We went to Columbus Ohio Spring NATS A Few Years Back as Spectators.Was there from Monday until Monday.Camped Next Door,and was in and out of the Rain...DOWN POUR More like it ALL Week...Sunday they were finally able to get cars down the track in the Afternoon.The Stands were BARE...We werent allowed into them though as we had GA Tickets and The SEATS were for RESERVED Seating ONLY..You Couldn't even BUY them at that point....

The Insurance Rule is a A$$Whipe Clause...It Costs US enough just to travel from event to event and Enty Fees Fuel,Expenses,Eats Etc...THEN They Put That Rule On US...

SS
Posted By: BDS871Cuda

Re: NHRA reduces prices - 01/30/09 05:17 AM

Quote:

Yea The Little FINE PRINT will get ya.We went to Columbus Ohio Spring NATS A Few Years Back as Spectators.Was there from Monday until Monday.Camped Next Door,and was in and out of the Rain...DOWN POUR More like it ALL Week...Sunday they were finally able to get cars down the track in the Afternoon.The Stands were BARE...We werent allowed into them though as we had GA Tickets and The SEATS were for RESERVED Seating ONLY..You Couldn't even BUY them at that point....

The Insurance Rule is a A$$Whipe Clause...It Costs US enough just to travel from event to event and Enty Fees Fuel,Expenses,Eats Etc...THEN They Put That Rule On US...

SS

Get screwed over by the FINE PRINT! Only NHRA
would con you like that. And it is still
the '1000 B.S.

I think this year we will go to an IHRA race
in Nebraska and see Top Fuel run '1320!!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums