Moparts

Street Outlaws - What happened to Goliath?

Posted By: 440Jim

Street Outlaws - What happened to Goliath? - 12/01/15 04:03 PM

I watched the show, but all they said was it was wrecked while racing at some track and showed it rolling over several times.
What track?
What kind of race event?
Why? (mechanical failure, spun tires, etc.)

It was like they didn't want to say anything but quickly made one comment (which I didn't completely hear) and went back to another part of the show. I almost missed the entire thing it came out of nowhere very quickly.
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/01/15 04:08 PM

They said he crashed at the No Prep race at Amarillo Dragway in Amarillo, TX.

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/01/15 04:11 PM

Thanks.
I started searching and found this on TMZ

The video is horrific ... a drag race comes to a quick, violent end when Daddy Dave from "Street Outlaws" loses control of his vehicle and it slams into a wall and barrel rolls.

It happened at the Amarillo Dragway in Texas Saturday night at a no-prep race. Dave was driving a nitrous-fed Chevy II and struck the wall seconds after the race started.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/01/15 05:24 PM

Looks like the car went right and got out of what little "groove" they had and then took a hard left.
Posted By: BBR

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/01/15 05:27 PM

Yep. Biggest crowd I have ever seen at Amarillo Dragway. So big that the Sheriff's office closed the gates. We didn't even get in. Never made it off the highway about a mile away. It was nuts.
Posted By: onyxba

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/01/15 05:28 PM

Daddy dave was racing birdman from Houston on that pass. If you can find the video you will see that birdman also ran into the laft lane farther down the track. You can see lighting in the back ground also. No prep possible rain apetite for destruction. Glad he is okay.
Posted By: Cheatham

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/01/15 07:32 PM

it was on facebook a while back and he had lost some memory and was in hospital for a lil while
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/01/15 08:49 PM

He made a comment on last nights show about the flying NOS bottle hitting his helmet in the car hard enough so he now has no memory of any of the wreck shock He's lucky to be upright and functioning well work Somebody was looking after him angel thumbs

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/01/15 10:34 PM

Thanks for the info.

This makes me think... it must be hard to drive these high power cars,
especially under the conditions they choose (no prep, streets, etc.) Even with their electronic power management, etc.

Reminds me of what I tell up and coming racers. Start with a slower car and work your way to quicker cars in time. You can learn to drive a fast car fairly quickly when everything goes right, but when something goes wrong I recommend having the experience (years) to react appropriately so that things don't get out of hand. And they can get bad really quickly.

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/01/15 11:07 PM

As soon as the front wheels touched down, the car veered out of the groove and got loose.
Posted By: theraif

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/01/15 11:19 PM

this was back in sept eBay Find: The Remains Of ‘Daddy Dave’s’http://www.dragzine.com/news/ebay-find-the-remains-of-daddy-daves-destroyed-chevy-ii/
Posted By: 66 Belvedere

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/02/15 01:55 AM

His new car is back from paint.

Ray
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/02/15 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By onyxba
Daddy dave was racing birdman from Houston on that pass. If you can find the video you will see that birdman also ran into the laft lane farther down the track.

I don't have cable but try to keep up via youtube. Has Birdman's Camaro ever been on the show prior to last night's episode?

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/02/15 04:28 PM

Birdman has not been on street outlaws. They will not race him for some reason. They say he is not a real street racer, although he has run Houston for a long time. Birdman's car is extremely fast. He won a race in louisana with a cracked intake manifold, ratchet strapped it back together and went to Oklahoma to race the next day. I don't think there were any takers even with a cracked manifold. Supposed to be a big race in Mississippi with the outlaw guys and birdman, and I heard possibly stevie fast. That is a rumor floating around south texas. If I can verify I will let you know.
Posted By: 64Post

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/02/15 05:58 PM

It's gotten ridiculous; A $200K+ Pro Mod will soon be the new barrier to entry.

I guess there's a ton of money in t-shirt sales. eyes
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/02/15 06:05 PM

So, it's not "on the street", it's not "run what you brung", it's not "street legal", then what is it?

It's HOLLYWOOD!
Like everything else.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/02/15 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By polyspheric
So, it's not "on the street", it's not "run what you brung", it's not "street legal", then what is it?

It's HOLLYWOOD!
Like everything else.
watch the dang show,it's the fastest street raced cars on the planet.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/02/15 07:49 PM

Originally Posted By Quicktree

It's HOLLYWOOD!
Like everything else.
Yeah, right whistling grin
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/02/15 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By 64Post

These guys pull to a event with a modest truck and open trailer but a expensive car, while others go to a bracket race with a "budget" car, really nice enclosed trailer, and a Diesel pusher motorhome.

Nothing illegal about selling T Shirts, and how they spend that money is their decision.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/02/15 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By JERICOGTX
Originally Posted By 64Post

These guys pull to a event with a modest truck and open trailer but a expensive car, while others go to a bracket race with a "budget" car, really nice enclosed trailer, and a Diesel pusher motorhome.

Nothing illegal about selling T Shirts, and how they spend that money is their decision.

Truth!

I talked to a guy at the last Thanksgiving race at Bowling Green I went to. Pusher home, stacker trailer, 2 4 second pipe racks. He saidthey had to win $6K just to break even for the weekend. There weren't a couple hundred people wanting to buy t-shirts from him either.
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/02/15 09:35 PM

.......hmmm, I believe it's called DRAG RACING. And who says it's not run what you brung. I seem to recall them lining up Chucks Mustang beside a blown and injected Pro-Mod. Chuck hadn't "brung enough" that night.
Posted By: CJD AUTOMOTIVE

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/02/15 10:25 PM

yep...
Posted By: BBR

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Goliath? - 12/02/15 11:12 PM

Lotsa $$$ invested.

Goliath 2.0

Attached picture dd.jpg
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/02/15 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
Originally Posted By Quicktree

It's HOLLYWOOD!
Like everything else.
Yeah, right whistling grin
what are you trying to say? you got something faster? i am sure something can be set up for you.
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/02/15 11:25 PM

Originally Posted By Monte_Smith

.......hmmm, I believe it's called DRAG RACING. And who says it's not run what you brung. I seem to recall them lining up Chucks Mustang beside a blown and injected Pro-Mod. Chuck hadn't "brung enough" that night.

Chuck didn't bring enough against the Reaper Camaro either. laugh2 laugh2

Tim
Posted By: D-50

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/03/15 01:19 AM

Did everybody notice the name on the Reapers intake manifold. I think it said Monte Smith Performance.....
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/03/15 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By I_bleed_MOPAR

Tim

Big tire car now
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/03/15 01:58 AM

Chucks car is big tire now?
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/03/15 02:03 AM

Next year they'll probably have a top fuel car on the street.

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/03/15 02:04 AM

Originally Posted By rowin4
Chucks car is big tire now?

Yes, and the Cutty.

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/03/15 02:32 AM

Birdman has not been on street outlaws. They will not race him for some reason. They say he is not a real street racer, although he has run Houston for a long time. Birdman's car is extremely fast. He won a race in louisana with a cracked intake manifold, ratchet strapped it back together and went to Oklahoma to race the next day. I don't think there were any takers even with a cracked manifold. Supposed to be a big race in Mississippi with the outlaw guys and birdman, and I heard possibly stevie fast. That is a rumor floating around south texas. If I can verify I will let you know.

Thanks. His Camaro is no joke, I've seen video of it on the street and at a bunch of no prep races. Hopefully he at least gets to appear on the spinoff show filmed in Louisiana, or gets invited to one of the cash days races.

It's like we're watching the rebirth of 60's match racing, except with a bunch of outlaw cars instead of people that race in the NHRA.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/03/15 02:50 AM

Wish they'd have a 10.5 list.....

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/03/15 02:58 AM

Originally Posted By D-50
Did everybody notice the name on the Reapers intake manifold. I think it said Monte Smith Performance.....

I caught that! So, Reaper is running Monte's nitrous system, and since Monza was seen wearing Monte's tee shirt, can we assume then that Monte did his nitrous system as well? How about Doc's and Daddy Dave's nitrous systems? I think it's time for Monte to make a cameo appearance on S.O.!
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/03/15 07:13 AM

Monte does Monza's nitrous, helps a little on daddy Daves. I am not sure if he does Dominators but I think he does.

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/03/15 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By Blusmbl

Thanks. His Camaro is no joke, I've seen video of it on the street and at a bunch of no prep races. Hopefully he at least gets to appear on the spinoff show filmed in Louisiana, or gets invited to one of the cash days races.

It's like we're watching the rebirth of 60's match racing, except with a bunch of outlaw cars instead of people that race in the NHRA.

Todd Moyers old car
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/03/15 03:09 PM

I found this video of Birdman racing a Pro Mod, looks like he has a serious piece. What's up with the fat chic between the lanes with the mic flapping her soup coolers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSa0Hz5SzQ0

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/03/15 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By DusterDave
Originally Posted By D-50

I caught that! So, Reaper is running Monte's nitrous system, and since Monza was seen wearing Monte's tee shirt, can we assume then that Monte did his nitrous system as well? How about Doc's and Daddy Dave's nitrous systems? I think it's time for Monte to make a cameo appearance on S.O.!

Monte also helped Doc with the Nitrous. Doc has Monte's decal on the 1/4 window of the car. I think Doc's new engine came plumbed when he bought it.
Posted By: donscuda

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/03/15 04:08 PM

I wish some of this started back in the 90's when I was part of the UDRA's safety staff. Our Pro-Mod guys were only allowed to run nitrous. It would have been interesting to see some of them get the exposure these guys are getting now... Because honestly the guys on Street Outlaws are running cars similar to what they were running back then. I'd love to see Animal Jim, Arnie Beswick, and the rest of our guys out there running on TV... penguin
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/03/15 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By donscuda
I'd love to see Animal Jim, Arnie Beswick, and the rest of our guys out there running on TV... penguin

Animal Jim would be a hoot for sure. boogie
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Goliath? - 12/04/15 03:12 AM

Chuck's new treads....

Attached picture 619 x.jpg
Posted By: CTD5.9

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Goliath? - 12/04/15 04:12 AM

Originally Posted By ProSport
Chuck's new treads....

Nice, I heard on the podcast that he was going big tire, guess its sooner then later. BTW the person who suggested the podcast, thank you I really enjoy it and I hate you because it's probably an addiction now.

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Goliath? - 12/04/15 06:55 AM

Chuck's new treads....

Is that Mickey's shop? Surprised it's not a round tube back half.

Nice Mac Fab bead locks.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Goliath? - 12/04/15 07:32 AM

short wheelbase will be his next downfall....
Posted By: racerx

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/04/15 12:40 PM

Originally Posted By justinp61
I found this video of Birdman racing a Pro Mod, looks like he has a serious piece. What's up with the fat chic between the lanes with the mic flapping her soup coolers?

Frist time I seen this That birdman's no joke.
Posted By: booger

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Goliath? - 12/04/15 02:56 PM

Chuck's new treads....

Is that Mickey's shop? Surprised it's not a round tube back half.

There's an explanation on the bullet buried in the street outlaws thread in TOBT - basically, square tubes put in, then more upgrades (new cage IIRC) ordered, round tubes considered then but decided it wasn't worth the cost and effort to make the switch.
Posted By: keefe

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/04/15 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By justinp61

She's one of the N/T grudge racing promoters...

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/04/15 10:48 PM

Her name is Lisa Shotwell, she announces at most of the grudge races in and around Houston. That woman came yell like that all night at the track. It irritates some others not. Her husband Vernon Shotwell has a tube chassis barracuda that he previously ran around Houston at most tracks. Have not seen it in years. Last time I saw it was at hmp and somebody ran into the wheelie bars, wadding them up haven't seen the car since. Lisa is there to stir the crowd up. And yes Birdman is a bad man.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/04/15 10:53 PM

It irritates some ? I had to turn off the sound on the video. Wow can you imagine living with her?
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/04/15 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By Malicious�

Tim

Big tire car now

I had wondered if he would step up since he kept blowing the tires off after he went turbo (that or go back on the bottle).

Tim

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/05/15 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By Malicious�

Tim

Big tire car now

I had wondered if he would step up since he kept blowing the tires off after he went turbo (that or go back on the bottle).

Tim
Hummm...... work wondering if this going to be a following? Will Booted gt(the big tire slayer ) be going big tire? Wondering minds would like to know grin
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/05/15 07:58 PM

Boosted Gt's chick Kayla was racing her pro mod at SCSN.

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Golith? - 12/06/15 11:36 AM

I do the nitrous for Doc, Monza, Reaper, Dominator........tuned Derricks EFI nitrous deal, have helped Dave and just redid the intake for Jackie, the owner of the Sonoma. When Chief was nitrous, I did his and Shawn has one of my kits on his 55 Chevy. I have Doc's new EFI intake right now and will have it on display at PRI. I was helping these guys way before this show started.

I have been out there before. Nobody wants to see me on TV and I try and stay out of the shots

Chucks Mustang is being done by Mike Duffy Race cars and there is a reason it is the way it is. Mike would NOT work on Chuck's current car and said he would just build a new one and Duffy does indeed have a new, ultra trick, SMALL tire, x275 car in the works for Chuck. Then Mike got soft hearted I guess and agreed to do a "quickie" back half on Chucks old car, to get big tires on it and that is the picture posted.

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Goliath? - 12/06/15 02:22 PM

Chucks Mustang is being done by Mike Duffy Race cars and there is a reason it is the way it is. Mike would NOT work on Chuck's current car and said he would just build a new one and Duffy does indeed have a new, ultra trick, SMALL tire, x275 car in the works for Chuck. Then Mike got soft hearted I guess and agreed to do a "quickie" back half on Chucks old car, to get big tires on it and that is the picture posted.

popcorn This are to get interesting, chuck just may move up the list now.

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Goliath? - 10/10/16 08:40 PM

Is this show over with now? Any more taping for future shows? work
Posted By: clonestocker

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Goliath? - 10/10/16 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By racerx

New Season Oct. 31st

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Goliath? - 10/11/16 12:52 AM

Goliath II is also getting a procharger, but not in this next season. He made the announcement on his facebook page last week.

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Goliath? - 10/11/16 03:10 AM

Originally Posted By clonestocker
Originally Posted By racerx

New Season Oct. 31st
oh...ok Thaxs never herd any talk/or any previews on this, can't wait anything but this gas monkey garage crap.
Posted By: kissmyaspen

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Goliath? - 10/13/16 02:54 PM

they need to give David "bird" Jones and "Disco" Dean Kerns their own show. they had me lmao a couple weeks ago when then grudge raced down in Kentucky.
Posted By: BobR

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Goliath? - 10/13/16 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By rednuck
Goliath II is also getting a procharger, but not in this next season. He made the announcement on his facebook page last week.

Maybe he'll rethink that. I used a Procharger when they were giving them to me but ultimately found they weren't competitive in the big leagues.

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Goliath? - 10/13/16 08:05 PM

Originally Posted By BobR
Maybe he'll rethink that. I used a Procharger when they were giving them to me but ultimately found they weren't competitive in the big leagues.

Judging by the giant banner on the wall in his shop, I suspect he might be in that free stuff category, or cheaper then normal.

He is adamant about never wanting to go with turbo's, and was tired of blowing up the nitrous engine. I don't know what's next when he gets tired of the procharger....maybe a big PSI screw blower?

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Goliath? - 10/13/16 08:34 PM

Dave likes nitrous and was looking for a 5.0 bore space motor for a while. With all the other cars having big motors, he was having to lean on the 632 HARD to keep up. For what THEY do, the Pro-Charger motor will be fine. I am sure most if not all of the parts for this new build are donated, where as he was looking to buy a nitrous motor. So give it a shot. I suspect he is STILL looking to buy a bigger nitrous motor though and that will likely be back in the rails

A 632 nitrous motor in a car that weight, a low 4.40 or high 4.30 is a great pass using a LOT of nitrous. A 5.0 motor in that same car will run those numbers with a fairly small nitrous load.
Posted By: BobR

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Goliath? - 10/13/16 10:04 PM

Dave likes nitrous and was looking for a 5.0 bore space motor for a while. With all the other cars having big motors, he was having to lean on the 632 HARD to keep up. For what THEY do, the Pro-Charger motor will be fine. I am sure most if not all of the parts for this new build are donated, where as he was looking to buy a nitrous motor. So give it a shot. I suspect he is STILL looking to buy a bigger nitrous motor though and that will likely be back in the rails

A 632 nitrous motor in a car that weight, a low 4.40 or high 4.30 is a great pass using a LOT of nitrous. A 5.0 motor in that same car will run those numbers with a fairly small nitrous load.

Agreed. The Procharger combo was easy to run and it left hard. Just ran out of power about 500'.

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Goliath? - 10/13/16 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By kissmyaspen
they need to give David "bird" Jones and "Disco" Dean Kerns their own show. they had me lmao a couple weeks ago when then grudge raced down in Kentucky.

David Bird Jones is hilarious, I admit to following him on facebook. He definitely needs additional airtime on both the regular and New Orleans shows.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Street Outlaws - What happened to Goliath? - 10/14/16 09:54 PM

The guy that runs the Black Bird vega with the dummy as passanger was at Quaker the other night.The son wanted to go so we did.Only troubke was he fired it up made it to the line and it died.Back to pits.Needed a cap and rotor.After like 2 hours fired up again.Did the water box and blew something.Oil on the track.Told my son maybe he needs to get a Mopar.
© 2024 Moparts Forums