Moparts

Moroso front drag coils

Posted By: KatFysh

Moroso front drag coils - 01/27/09 11:12 PM

I'm gonna be purchasing a set of front coils for the Dak. I have talked with Dan Hurta, who has a Dak that runs in the 8's with an Indy based bb and NOS..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dr770lezH0

He's faster than that now. That was '07.

Anyways, my conversation with him was pretty insightful, as he's been there done that. I have a few other items to change as well as I've learned from talking with him.

BUT, my question here is, is it okay if I run drag coils on the street? I will probably be cutting out 1-3 coils, depending on ride height. But a GM friend of mine said that I should drive on the street with 'em. What do you guys think??

ProSport, remember watching my vids and saying that my front end was "porposing",iirc,?? This should {90-95%}take care of that problem.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 01/27/09 11:30 PM

Re: Moroso front drag coils - 01/27/09 11:46 PM

But the difference between stock 4 cylinder coil springs and aftermarket drag springs is the stored energy. Its applied differently and the weight ratios are different. Wouldn't they work MUCH better for weight transfer? I'm looking at the bb GM application, if it matters.
Posted By: Duner

Re: Moroso front drag coils - 01/28/09 12:17 AM

I'm interested in these myself.

Supposedly springs for a '67-'69 Camaro are supposed to work?

Re: Moroso front drag coils - 01/28/09 12:23 AM

Chevelle,Monte, etc.. Moroso part #47190.. 250 lbs/in. spring rate.
Posted By: wldtm

Re: Moroso front drag coils - 01/28/09 01:38 AM

I would talk to OUTLAW10_5. They have a very quick dakota on leafs. Search OUTLAW10_5 and look for the Fast trucks thread in this forum. I think they use malibu moroso trick springs. They seem to have the suspension figured out on it.

Justin
Posted By: wldtm

Re: Moroso front drag coils - 01/28/09 01:39 AM

nevermind here yah go
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...&PHPSESSID=

Re: Moroso front drag coils - 01/28/09 11:11 PM

I never saw that post. Thanks for diggin it up for me. I'll shoot him a pm. Or maybe he'll see this post. I almost though it was the same truck in the vid I posted, Randy isn't Dan huh??!!! The things he said in that post is VERY close to what Dan was telling me.

DD. Do you NOT like the idea of the drag coil springs?? Just curious.
© 2024 Moparts Forums