Moparts

reusing my rollmaster cam chain

Posted By: mopar dave

reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/25/15 08:15 PM

My lightly used rollmaster chain seems tight in all the links. Non sure if i should reuse it. Dont remember it being this tight and kinky. Normal or junk?
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/26/15 12:07 AM

I just checked my new Rollmaster that is sittin on the bench for you & it is tight/no slop/no binding & when I say tight I mean nothing that seems too tight or an issue

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/26/15 12:12 AM

OK thanks. I don't know what would make the links tighten up like they are. Shopping for a new set. Looking at pro gear this time.

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/26/15 12:14 AM

Dave is it still on the eng or out on the bench

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/26/15 12:55 AM

On the bench. Had it soaking in oil.

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/26/15 01:25 AM

just flexing the links it does not feel right? (as in too tight)
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/26/15 01:53 AM

Who sells Rollmaster chains now?

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/26/15 03:40 AM

Yeah real tight. Never seen a chain do this.. I can straighten them, just tight.

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/26/15 03:41 AM

I'm not sure. I used to get them from Scott brown.

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/26/15 07:27 AM

anyone ever use one of these? camdex pro gear

Attached picture pg4105st-5_f.jpg
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/26/15 08:41 AM

Originally Posted By mopar dave
Yeah real tight. Never seen a chain do this.. I can straighten them, just tight.
Its talking to you, the message I hear is throw it away thumbs twocentsWhen in doubt, throw it out up
Posted By: RAMM

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/26/15 02:20 PM

anyone ever use one of these? camdex pro gear

Checked out their website and those look real nice. It also looks like our very own Competition Wedge is a dealer for them. I would love a quote on a set. J.Rob
Posted By: LSP

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/26/15 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
Its talking to you, the message I hear is throw it away thumbs twocentsWhen in doubt, throw it out up

x2, if that $$ chain gives up, a lot of big $$$$ damage could be in your future, be safe.

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/26/15 04:22 PM

absolutely. you guys are confirming what i'v been thinking, just trying to keep expenses down. hughes has the camdex chains as well for $122 for sb. i'll check with comp wedge right now.

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/26/15 04:30 PM

competition wedge pm's are full. I just bought some wiseco's from him, but no longer have his number. i'll call hughes tomorrow.
Posted By: BradH

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/26/15 04:30 PM

The Pro-Gear set I have on my 440 has been excellent. About 5K miles usage and no detectable stretch, plus the 9-way crank key is accurately machined for degreeing the cam. I gave up on Rollmaster after trying Pro-Gear.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/26/15 04:41 PM

competition wedge pm's are full. I just bought some wiseco's from him, but no longer have his number. i'll call hughes tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/Competition-Wedge-Engines-445246685554229/

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/26/15 04:54 PM

dont do facebook much, but i'll give it a try. thanks

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/26/15 04:57 PM

dont do facebook much, but i'll give it a try. thanks
. His phone number is on that link but I would wait till after the holiday

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/27/15 03:17 AM

no luck with face book yet. i'll call tomorrow. seems like every time i need a part asap its on a holiday.

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/27/15 03:29 AM

Quote:
no luck with face book yet. i'll call tomorrow. seems like every time i need a part asap its on a holiday.
Murphys law. For how much I paid for my Rollmaster I sure hope it holds up. I woulda never thought it might be defective (got lulled asleep by the price!) (I'll keep tabs on it) likely by checking play from crank up to dist
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/27/15 04:09 AM

In the interest of saving money can you buy just the timing chain only for your motor? If so I would give that a thought thumbs I've done that more than once when freshening some of my race motors in the past thumbs shruggy

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/27/15 04:41 AM

i dont know. i would rather have the set. im now wondering if the chain ran dry and maybe thats what made it stiff. i did not install oil slinger last time i was in there. i know when you run a chain saw without bar oil the chain will tighten up. maybe thats the cause.

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/27/15 05:35 AM

I drill a .015" hole in an alum 3/8 NPT pipe plug for the rear of the dr side SB horizontle gallery (& you can see its bennie when you preoil) to oil the intergear and the same in the front of the pass horizontle gallery to lube the chain (& a ~3/8 hole in the cam plate) for room for the squirt to pass thru. Gonna do the same on the 451 I just ain't figured how to preoil the intergear cuz its configured different.

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/27/15 05:21 PM

i'll take a look at better oiling the chain today.

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/28/15 12:02 AM

not sure what happened to todd at competition wedge engines. no reply to facebook message, his listed number not in service and the number he gave me when i ordered the wiseco piostons from him is no longer his number. i give up. i'm calling hughes engines monday. thanks
gonna install oil slinger with timing set this time around and leave out the cam plate bolt with the hole in it for better oiling. should be good.

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/28/15 04:56 PM

Making a correction here. Todd(competition wedge engines) got back with me today thru email. gonna shoot me a price on the camdex tomorrow. thanks again

Re: reusing my rollmaster cam chain - 11/28/15 05:19 PM

Making a correction here. Todd(competition wedge engines) got back with me today thru email. gonna shoot me a price on the camdex tomorrow. thanks again

Todds a good guy. I miss him posting on Moparts but follow some of his builds on Facebook.
© 2024 Moparts Forums