Moparts

No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet?

Posted By: Locomotion

No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/16/15 04:03 AM

He won Pomona over Vince Nobile! up

Drag Race Central Pro Stock final.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/16/15 04:06 AM

OH You're in big trouble now Myron...........

Rickster
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/16/15 04:09 AM

Congrats A.J. !!! up
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/16/15 04:13 AM

what an azz.....
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/16/15 04:16 AM

Just come on TV 15 minutes ago but THANKS anyway. Going to bed now. LOL
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/16/15 04:26 AM

AJ killed them on the tree today...
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/16/15 04:33 AM

Originally Posted By rickstershemi

Rickster

Uh oh! I was so happy he finished out the year on a positive note......I forgot! It hasn't been a good year. Sorry. frown
Posted By: RV2

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/16/15 04:34 AM

You spoiled it but awesome news!!!!
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/16/15 04:36 AM

Too bad Mopar kicked Allen and Roy to the curb after 20 years.Hopefully they will return with some good sponsorship.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/16/15 04:38 AM

Originally Posted By Locomotion
Originally Posted By rickstershemi

Rickster

Uh oh! I was so happy he finished out the year on a positive note......I forgot! It hasn't been a good year. Sorry. frown

No problem here.....some get sensitive when you don't put spoiler in the title though....I'm very happy to see AJ end with the win as well....woot woot smile

How's the wagon coming along...???

Rickster
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/16/15 04:42 AM

Don't worry about it Myron..............and here is a thought for the ones who don't like it. DON'T come on an auto related website on race day, if you don't want to know who won
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/16/15 05:10 AM

I guess he showed Mopar he can cut a light just as good as the youngsters.

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/16/15 06:42 AM

"We had struggled during the entire Countdown, never winning more than two rounds a race and losing twice in the first round," Johnson said. "We also struggled during qualifying and in eliminations. But right before the final, we discovered that a torsion bar was bent. We fixed that, and the car went straight down the track."

Johnson says he is happy to win the last Pro Stock race featuring carbureted engines. He added that his plans are currently 50-50 regarding whether he will compete in 2016 when NHRA introduces the new-look Pro Stock class with electronic fuel injection, among other significant class changes.

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/16/15 06:52 AM

GREAT job Allen, Roy, and the rest of the team. Hope to see you racing again next year.

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/16/15 07:00 AM

Let’s clean up a little more Pro Stock trash, shall we? First, we were extremely disappointed to learn that Allen Johnson is not hanging up his helmet (wait for it). As a team intimate put it to us Saturday morning, “(Mopar) kicked ‘em to the curb after 20 years.” And rather than a Johnson-decided paint scheme thanking Mopar for their 20-year relationship, it was apparently dictated by Mopar. Not a very good way of ending a very positive relationship, particularly after we heard some other comments regarding an important business relationship that the Mopar people weren’t even aware that Johnson had with an outside company they appeared interested in partnering with. Johnson’s plans are what we’d term “fluid” at this point. If he can find enough backing and an engine rental customer or two, he’ll keep racing. Otherwise, who knows.

http://competitionplus.com/drag-racing/news/ashers-pomona-insider

dam..the bodies not even cold yet...and the stuff is flying
Posted By: 383man

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/16/15 07:42 AM

Way to go AJ. up Awesome lights he cut today. What ever AJ and his dad decide I wish them the best and want to personally thank them for all the great years in Pro Stock they had and giving us Mopars fans a great car and driver to root for. I hope AJ and his dad and keep racing and winning in Mopars and thank them for sticking with Mopar. Best of luck to AJ and the team what ever they do in 2016. Congrats on a great win today also. beer Ron

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/16/15 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By 383man
Way to go AJ. up Awesome lights he cut today. What ever AJ and his dad decide I wish them the best and want to personally thank them for all the great years in Pro Stock they had and giving us Mopars fans a great car and driver to root for. I hope AJ and his dad and keep racing and winning in Mopars and thank them for sticking with Mopar. Best of luck to AJ and the team what ever they do in 2016. Congrats on a great win today also. beer Ron

Thanks Ron. You nailed it with this post.
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/16/15 03:18 PM

I'm proud for AJ and team but I think we owe Erica a little Thank you too
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/16/15 06:21 PM

Nice ending, Allen and Roy! up You should be very proud of what you did for the Mopar faithful over the last 20 years! bow
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/16/15 07:40 PM

Honestly, I only have kept track of Pro Stock because of Allen and his dad. Mopar should have kept funding him but who knows what they were thinking.

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/16/15 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By SpareParts
I'm proud for AJ and team but I think we owe Erica a little Thank you too

I was wondering about her late light in the semi final.
Posted By: Eric

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/16/15 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By mopars4ever
Honestly, I only have kept track of Pro Stock because of Allen and his dad. Mopar should have kept funding him but who knows what they were thinking.

Yep...no reason to watch anymore.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/16/15 08:43 PM

HEADLINE!!!

Weepy wins.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/16/15 10:32 PM

The light Erica cut reminded me of Brittany Force racing her dad. whistling
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/17/15 01:38 AM

Mopar does the most bizarre things with their funding.

I am hoping J&J can find some money and keep at it.

Personally, I think EE is a hell of a driver, but I just can't get myself to cheer for her.
Posted By: hemid68

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/17/15 02:13 AM

Congratulations to the Johnson team! A great way to end the season, and it would be nice to see them ride off into the sunset, if they want to, - on top!
I have to agree with the other person that said Mopar sure does some strange stuff with their funding.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/17/15 05:24 AM

The
Originally Posted By John_Kunkel

HEADLINE!!!

Weepy wins.

He does cry a lot. But with a women president coming I guess FCA wants a women too, does she cry? Personal I've only cried twice in my life.
Posted By: 383man

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/17/15 07:25 AM

That is very true for me also. But I also was glad V. Gaines also stayed racing a Mopar and he also kept me watching Pro Stock. Believe me I am not trying to take anything away from the awesome racing AJ and his team have done to keep old Mopar fans like me watching Pro Stock as I was there in 1970 when it started and loved it since I have always been a lover of race cars with doors. But I am also glad V. Gaines also kept racing his Mopar in Pro Stock as he also stayed with Mopar like AJ and his team and I like how both AJ and V. Gaines both seem to be nice first class act people as it makes it even easier for me to want them to win. Ron
Posted By: taxidermy man

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/17/15 07:54 PM

Allen's water bottle is happy he won.
Posted By: Cudajon

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/20/15 01:13 AM

I'm not a big NHRA fan but I do Like Capps, Beckman, and Shoemaker. If there's no Mopars in Pro Stock I just may root for the FC's and TF when they post the results. I got other stuff to do besides watching on TV. And no Dunn in the announcer booth will seem odd.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: No Congrats Allen Johnson thread yet? - 11/20/15 07:53 AM

Originally Posted By 383man

I did

Attached picture 11.17.15 042.jpg
Attached picture 11.17.15 045.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums