Moparts

oxygenated fuel

Posted By: bonefish

oxygenated fuel - 01/27/09 01:19 AM

i went to get some c-12 but they were out. the closest thing they had was 13 oxygenated,the guy said if it uses 12 the 13-o would be fine but i might want to jet up a little.what do you guys think?
Posted By: W7 Duster

Re: oxygenated fuel - 01/27/09 01:22 AM

From what I understand, you can't leave it in your fuel cell for more than a week. And I think you have to store it in steel containers. Check the VP website for info.
Posted By: bdaz smblk

Re: oxygenated fuel - 01/27/09 01:46 AM

You can leave it in the tank but put a cap on the vent if it's going to set for awhile so it don't evaporate.I run the q-16 and thats all I do other than jetting carb up 4 jet sizes.

Re: oxygenated fuel - 01/27/09 01:57 AM

i checked the VP website ,didnt give any specific storage precautions for the oxygenated fuel,i was just wondering cause iv worked so hard to get this carb dialed in i didnt want to go through it all over.i am runnin a new combo so i may have to doit anywho.
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: oxygenated fuel - 01/27/09 03:33 AM

I know a couple of racers that have switched from c-12 to 113 and swear by it.I used c-12 for quite a while,and bought some 113 to test with,but did not get to do back to back testing yet.
I can tell you it is the best smelling race fuel I have ever witnessed.
The racers I know swear it is more consistent and picked them up a solid tenth,and they also jetted up 4 sizes.
Posted By: RyanJ

Re: oxygenated fuel - 01/27/09 04:09 AM

Every customer I have talked to who has tried Q16 has made some really solid gains on the track. I want to get some to do some dyno testing with but it's so freaking hard to get VP in my area.

Re: oxygenated fuel - 01/27/09 12:45 PM

113 is 13.00 bucks a gal. in this area
Posted By: MegaDart

Re: oxygenated fuel - 01/27/09 01:14 PM

bonefish, I have 4.5gal of c12 that I can't use, I paid $50 for it would you like to buy it??
Posted By: BobR

Re: oxygenated fuel - 01/27/09 02:39 PM

Quote:

i checked the VP website ,didnt give any specific storage precautions for the oxygenated fuel,i was just wondering cause iv worked so hard to get this carb dialed in i didnt want to go through it all over.i am runnin a new combo so i may have to doit anywho.

It says right on the Q16 can to drain it between races. That's exactly what we do.

Re: oxygenated fuel - 01/27/09 03:22 PM

Quote:

bonefish, I have 4.5gal of c12 that I can't use, I paid $50 for it would you like to buy it??

thanks,if you lived around the corner id take ya up on it,i just gave away 5 gals. of c-16 cuase i needed my jug. were getting some people together right now for a group by on drums if you want to put your name on the list ill give ya the shops # but you have to buy 30 or 55 gal. drums.last time i saved about 2 sumthin a gal. and had to buy the barrel but i got the barrel now so it should be even better.
Posted By: MegaDart

Re: oxygenated fuel - 01/27/09 05:30 PM

Quote:

just gave away 5 gals. of c-16 cuase i needed my jug

bummer, I would traded you.

Re: oxygenated fuel - 01/27/09 05:37 PM

the day after i gave it away a guy that was gunna buy it shows up,but i didnt hear from him and i figured it was better to give it away then to put it in a cheap k-mart gas can and have it go bad.
© 2024 Moparts Forums