Moparts

another monster truck death

Posted By: pittsburghracer

another monster truck death - 01/26/09 05:20 AM

monster truck show promoter was ran over and killed by one of the trucks Saturday night. MSN web page. hard to believe!!!
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: another monster truck death - 01/26/09 05:22 AM

wow. I wonder what happened? 2 deaths almost 'back to back' in that sport, and the spokesperson said that it's been such a safe sport for so long.

they say bad things come in 3s...is something else going to happen?
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: another monster truck death - 01/26/09 12:14 PM

Quote:

wow. I wonder what happened? 2 deaths almost 'back to back' in that sport, and the spokesperson said that it's been such a safe sport for so long.

they say bad things come in 3s...is something else going to happen?

Just the nite before he was saying how safe it was, the guy that got killed.
Posted By: The Avg. Valiant

Re: another monster truck death - 01/26/09 05:47 PM

It was actually Dan Patrick in the Sampson truck that hit the promoter. The promoter had a "miscommunication" with Dan about going. The promoter walked right out infront of Dan as he was doing about 20. I mean literally walked right infront of the tire. Dan never even saw the guy. Bad deal all around, and Dan Patrick has been around FOREVER.
Posted By: 68Fastback

Re: another monster truck death - 01/26/09 09:34 PM

Seen the video on TV, he just walked right into the left tire

Re: another monster truck death - 01/26/09 10:13 PM

They will be coming to the civic arena in Pittsburgh early February. When the boys were younger we used to have a great time and the sounds from the trucks and the mud bogers used to give me a kick in the azz to get my car ready for the race season ahead. These arena shows are an accident waiting to happen. Way to small of an area for the horsepower on hand. on one occasion the big foot truck almost ended up in the stands and only excellent driving skills saved what would have been a major problem.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: another monster truck death - 01/26/09 10:57 PM

No linky?

Re: another monster truck death - 01/26/09 11:59 PM

Quote:

No linky?

No,I am a little computer stupid and have trouble posting links but do a google search on monster truck deaths and lots of info is available.
Posted By: CJK440

Re: another monster truck death - 01/27/09 12:15 AM

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/38293904.html

Posted By: theraif

Re: another monster truck death - 01/27/09 12:21 AM

I use to work with him at Thompson raceway park back in the late 80`s he was anousing then he also set up a couple of money races there also in the 90`s
Posted By: Michael

Re: another monster truck death - 01/27/09 01:36 AM

Posted By: ProSport

Re: another monster truck death - 01/27/09 02:25 AM

I take my son to these events all the time and often wonder how things don't go wrong more often.
Posted By: cudarex

Re: another monster truck death - 01/27/09 08:44 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAyJ2tnLefU
© 2024 Moparts Forums