Moparts

Edelbrock Victor 440 Mods

Posted By: Iowan

Edelbrock Victor 440 Mods - 10/23/15 10:47 PM

I curious what modifications are being made to this manifold or are they just getting bolted on?

Personally I don't like how rough Edelbrock castings are, heads included, with enough flaws and jagged edges, its enough reason to get the die grinder out.

I worked on mine for two hours last night and just got a good start.
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Edelbrock Victor 440 Mods - 10/23/15 11:29 PM

My 440 Victor MW heads were the same. It looked like all of the tooling that cleaned up the top side of the head, under the rocker gear, was dull. Well worth it in the end for a head made here in the US!
Posted By: BradH

Re: Edelbrock Victor 440 Mods - 10/23/15 11:38 PM

I've done some mods to the plenum that showed about a 10 HP improvement over an unmodified Victor on the dyno... but it looks like the pics I posted of the work many years ago are no longer accesible from the "Moparts archives". frown
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Edelbrock Victor 440 Mods - 10/24/15 01:56 AM

iagree Ed Mosler worked his magic on my Victor intake years ago and started by raising the roof and heavily blending the ridges in the corners then downward in the runners. Last time I had my intake off to re-seal it, I went in and did even more blending to the roof and walls and it definitely made it better and there`s less visible fuel trailing and puddling then untouched. I also run a Dominator 2" adapter which of course is heavily hogged and blended as well.......
© 2024 Moparts Forums