Moparts

Another "who's transbrake is this" thread...

Posted By: MoParFish

Another "who's transbrake is this" thread... - 10/04/15 08:10 AM

Just curious if anyone can ID this valve body or any info? Thanks...

Attached picture vb1.jpg
Attached picture vb2.jpg
Attached picture vb3.jpg
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Another "who's transbrake is this" thread... - 10/04/15 02:21 PM

that's funny.... I almost put a post up earlier this week on an old Griner T-brake I acquired. Keith Long ID'ed it as a late 80's piece. I "believe" most of Griner's had the accumulator well covered.... or at least the 3 I've seen has. No history on the trans it came out of?
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Another "who's transbrake is this" thread... - 10/04/15 02:40 PM

Looks identical to a Turbo Action that I have in one of my 904's, should have a part number inscribed on the spacer plate somewhere that can be seen without taking it apart.

Re: Another "who's transbrake is this" thread... - 10/04/15 04:50 PM

No history, came out of trans I got a while ago. I don't see any numbers on separator plate. The only thing I see is a number "6" hand scribed into the top machined area of VB. Also, I see no evidence of it ever having a plate covering fluid circuits on top of valve body...sound right?? Thanks...
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Another "who's transbrake is this" thread... - 10/04/15 05:01 PM

No hand scribed numbers is a little odd but the lack of a plate on the top circuit is exactly the way mine is and all else matches, the plate where the solenoid is attached and the type of solenoid are exactly the same, my opinion is it's a turbo action vb, I have seen griners and pro-trans and they are not like that.

Re: Another "who's transbrake is this" thread... - 10/04/15 05:08 PM

Thanks for the info thumbs
Posted By: wj440

Re: Another "who's transbrake is this" thread... - 10/05/15 02:13 AM

Looks like my TransKing Too.
© 2024 Moparts Forums