Moparts

Edelbrock victor sb

Posted By: 1967dartgt

Edelbrock victor sb - 09/24/15 01:40 AM

So who ordered a set? They are supposed to be delivering them.
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/24/15 03:29 AM

Bump hey how's your car
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/24/15 04:47 AM

Well that's great news! Now I can use those 340 blocks I have and utilize my W5 TTI headers!!!! ...... oh yeah. It's not 2012 anymore mad
Posted By: Brian Hafliger

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/24/15 05:56 AM

Originally Posted By J_BODY
Well that's great news! Now I can use those 340 blocks I have and utilize my W5 TTI headers!!!! ...... oh yeah. It's not 2012 anymore mad

W5 headers won't fit...TTI is making an all new header for the Victors.....

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/24/15 06:36 AM

lucky they sold two years ago....
Posted By: CJD AUTOMOTIVE

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/24/15 03:51 PM

I have a set ordered. Talked to Eddie yet again and was told two weeks (um...yeah..never heard that). Hughes confirmed that he was told two weeks, straight from the top. Let's see.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/24/15 05:47 PM

WOW!!!!!!!!!! Is this for one single BARE head

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/produ...mp;partid=26913

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/24/15 06:31 PM

No, pair. Summit has them listed. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-61709 bare or http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-61739 complete.
Posted By: W5DART66

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/24/15 07:31 PM

Good luck with that price point.
Still need headers rockers that fit this head $4000.00 for 2 bare CNC heads
Do W9s....
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/24/15 07:35 PM

SB VICTOR BARE SINGLE HEAD

CNC PORTED 58CC COMBUSTION CHAMBER (BARE)

$1859.50

Direct copy and paste off hughes website says single bare head almost $2000 so all the excitement over nothing.

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/24/15 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By HotRodDave
SB VICTOR BARE SINGLE HEAD

CNC PORTED 58CC COMBUSTION CHAMBER (BARE)

$1859.50

Direct copy and paste off hughes website says single bare head almost $2000 so all the excitement over nothing.

I can't get a straight answer. Eddie team leader says single. Eddie sales says pair. [ Moparts Family Site - Keep it Friendly ]. Who in the hell is going to spend 4K on heads. Maybe give the Ritter block a shot and go P7. This sucks.

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/25/15 03:38 AM

interesting...... If it were 2012 I'd probably still jump in the pool...... but it isn't. Thanks Brett!! thumbs
Posted By: fishy340

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/25/15 05:03 AM

Goodness gracious 2000 for a set of bare heads...sounds like the pos large port cammanodos smile.
Indy and w9 sound so good right now.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/25/15 06:02 AM

Originally Posted By fishy340
Goodness gracious 2000 for a set of bare heads...sounds like the pos large port cammanodos smile.
Indy and w9 sound so good right now.

Got 3 years of R&D to pay for...LOL

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/25/15 02:18 PM

The latest pic...Check out the W5 exhaust pattern in the stock location and the the ports raised. 2K for this kind of stupidity? Good luck sealing that...

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/25/15 02:55 PM

Guys IF and when this head ever hits the market, at a reasonable price, and it works GREAT so what if we have to do some Hot Rodding type of work and drill a few holes. Cheese and rice lets let the dust settle.
Posted By: Rob C

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/25/15 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By W5DART66
Do W9s....

If it were a complete set of heads, different story. So long as nothing weird rocker wise is needed.
Posted By: RAY1969CARS

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/25/15 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By Rob C
Originally Posted By W5DART66
Do W9s....

If it were a complete set of heads, different story. So long as nothing weird rocker wise is needed.

And new [censored] tti headers &800

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/25/15 04:53 PM

So it has been said, not seen. And when someone has a set in hand... until then....
It would be expensive and a pain in the [censored] enough with just W5 headers, never mind a new custom flange to further add insult to injury.

LMAO, perhaps a flange like the older W2? Hated that "FIX" idea.
Posted By: j.mcconnell

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/25/15 07:19 PM

The set of raw w8s on ebay for $800 are looking better by the minute.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/25/15 09:01 PM

Exhaust pattern looks weird in that picture and why would Edelbrock put a stock rocker shaft setup on an expensive race head? They should only sell the serious heads with pads for Jesel or T&D rocker arms. Wonder if the same guy who screwed up their Victor BB head designed this SB head?
Posted By: Hughes

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/25/15 09:38 PM

The prices are still subject to change. What you are seeing now are pre-release MSRP. I am hoping they will come wayyy down. I agree, the prices seems pretty high right now.
We will have rocker arms ready for them soon. They will basically be the big block rockers with a different offset.
Kevin

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/25/15 09:41 PM

Originally Posted By AndyF
Exhaust pattern looks weird in that picture and why would Edelbrock put a stock rocker shaft setup on an expensive race head? They should only sell the serious heads with pads for Jesel or T&D rocker arms. Wonder if the same guy who screwed up their Victor BB head designed this SB head?

Actually uses a Hughes specific BB Mopar offset rocker. Eddie gave me the PN. They simply said buy it from Hughes.

So milling the stands and pads is required to run a Jesel or T&D setup. I'm on the fence. Dump my R3 and go Ritter/P7 or keep what I got and dive in on these heads. It is ridiculous to think I can buy a Ritter block and GOOD P7's for less than these heads!!

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/25/15 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By Hughes
The prices are still subject to change. What you are seeing now are pre-release MSRP. I am hoping they will come wayyy down. I agree, the prices seems pretty high right now.

I looked through the Victor head line up. All average about 1K, except the 429 Fords at $1850. So they are not afraid to sell their heads in the 2K range. Wait and see. Sounds familiar....
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/26/15 04:24 AM

Well now that we get to see what it looks like from another angle:

Dammit Edelbrock, must you machine the end face of that thing flat with your logo on it? Is it too much to ask to have it look like normal cylinder head and not a sawed-off piece of lumber? mad

Attached picture stealth.jpg
Posted By: GTS340

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/26/15 04:30 AM

Originally Posted By Grizzly

Dammit Edelbrock, must you machine the end face of that thing flat with your logo on it? Is it too much to ask to have it look like normal cylinder head and not a sawed-off piece of lumber? mad

Yeah, whatever....I'm sure those exact thoughts crossed the minds of everyone who planned on buying them confused

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/26/15 05:39 AM

Mmmm, thanks. rolleyes

I'm glad it doesn't matter to you, but it does to me.

I want my 650hp small block to look stock, I have different things in mind than you do.

Attached picture aar.jpg
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/26/15 05:58 AM

This is why I say we Mopar guys are our own worst enemies.

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/26/15 06:30 AM

That is the oddest small block head I have ever seen.
Otherwise, yes they must.
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/26/15 10:31 AM

Mmmm, thanks. rolleyes

I'm glad it doesn't matter to you, but it does to me.

I want my 650hp small block to look stock, I have different things in mind than you do.

In that case you may want to look into W2 heads instead. I think those could get you to 650Hp but it wont idle like a stock 318 out of you moms Cherokee.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/26/15 01:12 PM

I'll take the sawed off look. A little extra beef on the ends isn't going to hurt a thing.

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/26/15 04:28 PM

W2's look close to a stock head and can make 650HP.
Posted By: 79410aspenrt

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/26/15 04:37 PM

W2's look close to a stock head and can make 650HP.

yes w2's can make 650hp. mine did

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/26/15 05:27 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, but: cast iron.

Just too many reasons to go aluminum, biggest is the 40 pound weight saving.

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/30/15 03:56 PM

Looking for your cake and a fork to eat it too? We all are to some degree. But it just inst available in your flavor. Stock looking head to fool people with in aluminum. Hunt down aluminum W2's? Could be a while.

While I agree that aluminum is the way to go, the iron W2 is your only option minus the aluminum. 40 lbs. isn't much to fret over, but certainly an amount of weight to try and loose, not regain for a certain look.

Are you racing the car Grizzly or is it a fail purpose street striper?

You can get creative on where you can loose 40lbs. Right?
I just don't think 40lbs. is the end all. 100lbs. for a tenth?

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/30/15 06:19 PM

Looking for your cake and a fork to eat it too? We all are to some degree. But it just inst available in your flavor. Stock looking head to fool people with in aluminum. Hunt down aluminum W2's? Could be a while.

While I agree that aluminum is the way to go, the iron W2 is your only option minus the aluminum. 40 lbs. isn't much to fret over, but certainly an amount of weight to try and loose, not regain for a certain look.

Are you racing the car Grizzly or is it a fail purpose street striper?

You can get creative on where you can loose 40lbs. Right?
I just don't think 40lbs. is the end all. 100lbs. for a tenth?

It's more than weight. Aluminum dissipates heat at a far better rate than iron, allowing roughly a point more compression on the same octane. So it's weight and power/efficiency.

I don't understand the stock look. Had a customer that we put Eddie Hemi heads and dual quad intake on (it's an air gap). Painted it all. So the stock people right off know it's not stock and the performance people see paint and keep walking. So my question is, what are you trying to achieve looking stock, and why?
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/30/15 11:43 PM

I never understood why doesn't somebody just make an Aluminum W2 (As cast or CNC ported) with the shafts and offset rockers available as a Kit? Surely the Batten Sand boxes must be around somewhere?

FWIW I had my W2's thermal barrier coated in the chambers, Valve faces and exhaust ports, I wasn't too worried about weight for this one though.

In retrospect I should pull the 414 alum head motor out of the Rocky and put the 440 W2 in it's place....The rocky could use 40 pounds over the nose to help it not wheelstand....plus I have a Holley Pro Dommy Tunnel ram I could use AND STILL FIT IT UNDER THE HOOD

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 09/30/15 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By Streetwize
I never understood why doesn't somebody just make an Aluminum W2 (As cast or CNC ported) with the shafts and offset rockers available as a Kit? Surely the Batten Sand boxes must be around somewhere?

FWIW I had my W2's thermal barrier coated in the chambers, Valve faces and exhaust ports, I wasn't too worried about weight for this one though.

In retrospect I should pull the 414 alum head motor out of the Rocky and put the 440 W2 in it's place....The rocky could use 40 pounds over the nose to help it not wheelstand....plus I have a Holley Pro Dommy Tunnel ram I could use AND STILL FIT IT UNDER THE HOOD

Pretty sure this is what the Indy head is based off of but i may be mistaken.

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 10/01/15 12:33 AM

PBR yeah your probably right.

Indys just never seemed to run as well as the W2's i've seen ( never owned a pair of indys though) might have just been wrong combos....

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 10/01/15 12:34 AM

PBR yeah your probably right.

Indys just never seemed to run as well as the W2's i've seen ( never owned a pair of indys though) might have just been wrong combos....
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 10/01/15 12:45 AM

Indy heads can have way more potential than W2 heads. Way more.

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 10/01/15 01:01 AM

Good to know, buddy,

Prolly just sentimentaly 'attached' to the 2's. Many of my old war storys and giant slaying were with the W2's
Posted By: D-50

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 10/01/15 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By B3422W5
Indy heads can have way more potential than W2 heads. Way more.

My Indy 360-2's that Brett ported flow 337 @ .650. I think they were based off the W-2 head.
Posted By: MattW

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 10/01/15 01:24 AM

I've been following this post for a while. Have to say that the new head better flow 330 and up out of the box or I personally wouldn't bother.
A STOCK Eagle head will flow 310 cfm with a stock valve!
I think the LA plaform is dead unless Fiat cast some blocks. I know Ritter has some blocks but from what i'm hearing they still have some problems.
Dollar for Dollar I believe the 5.7 hemi will product more power at a cheaper price than an R3.
KEEP in mind we are talking 750 and under HP. I'm NOT comparing W8 or W9.
The reason for my statements are the fact that 5.7 Hemi are cheap and plentiful. The heads flow tons and parts are available.

Matt

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 10/01/15 01:38 AM

The reason for my statements are the fact that 5.7 Hemi are cheap and plentiful. The heads flow tons and parts are available.

Matt

Just curious how much one of these engines would cost to run 9.60's in a 2800 pound car like mine. I have 7500 dollars in my R3 with a solid lifter cam engine.
Posted By: MattW

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 10/01/15 01:54 AM

Well I have half of your total cost just in the heads and intake on my W9.
Not saying it's the best way especially if you have parts already.Hence the reason I built my W9.
But if your starting from scratch I believe the hemi is the way to go.
Matt
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 10/01/15 01:57 AM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer

Matt

Just curious how much one of these engines would cost to run 9.60's in a 2800 pound car like mine. I have 7500 dollars in my R3 with a solid lifter cam engine.

Ask 340 Rick here on the board. His car goes 9.60's at 3100 pounds with the new hemi and mild compression around 11 to 1.

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 10/01/15 02:08 AM

Don't even get me started on how much a competitive Super Stock engine costs and how few runs they get on them. I had a Friend in PA sell everything he owned and he moved to Florida. There he got hooked up helping a Super Stock team and they let him learn some of the secretes and hone is "grinding skills". And this was back when the cars were a lot slower than they are now.
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 10/01/15 02:35 AM

I think the most expensive thing with the new hemi is initially getting it in the car, oil pan, headers, intake (EFI or carb are very expensive unless a stock one can get it done for you)... Heads can be had cheap as in $500 for used eagles that flow 330 CFM OOTB, stock rockers seem to take some abuse, blocks are good for anything most would do, stroker kits are only a tad more than a forged LA kit, cams are a simple re-grind away from big performance.

Once you get it in and running you can turn up the wick pretty easily/cheaply.

An off the shelf early 5.7 can be had around $1000-$2000 depdngin on seller and miles. Get the eagle top end (intake and heads) later for 12 to 1 compression that will run on pump gas and a cam regrind and the sky is the limit with a #2800lb ride. Just know going in you got to spend some $$$ to get it actually in and running.

I don't see how someone could replicate your engine for $7500 without far above average home porting and some un-realistic deal on an R3 block. Your at $6000 for pro ported heads and R3 then add rotating stuff, intake, machine work, valve train... for $1500?

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 10/01/15 04:04 AM

Originally Posted By CJD AUTOMOTIVE

I don't understand the stock look. Had a customer that we put Eddie Hemi heads and dual quad intake on (it's an air gap). Painted it all. So the stock people right off know it's not stock and the performance people see paint and keep walking. So my question is, what are you trying to achieve looking stock, and why?

I just don't like to advertise, that's all. I'm into what the F.A.S.T. guys are doing so that's the direction I want to go.

You have a photo of that Hemi before it went out? work

Rob C: Craig has pretty much answered your question for me:

"It's more than weight. Aluminum dissipates heat at a far better rate than iron, allowing roughly a point more compression on the same octane. So it's weight and power/efficiency."

And, I'll add: when you have x number of dollars set aside for cylinder heads you just take all the advantages of aluminum.

Re: Edelbrock victor sb - 10/02/15 04:54 AM

Agreed, I have run aluminum for almost 2 decades now. It's just the complaint/rant like post of why don't they make aluminum heads look stock. IMO, a silly compliant. Not that I don't think it would be cool, it is just they after market probably won't do it just because we think it's cool.'The W2's will perform, looks stock to most eyes. But you have to want a iron head to do a iron headed engine.
© 2024 Moparts Forums