Moparts

Bill Maverick Golden of Little Red Wagon fame passed away.

Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Bill Maverick Golden of Little Red Wagon fame passed away. - 09/15/15 06:03 AM

I posted this in the general section but I know not everyone goes there.

Saw this on Facebook, didn't see a post here so far so here it is.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...3520&type=1

Sad news today, my uncle, drag racing legend, Bill Maverick Golden made his final run in life today. He had a great run. Many trophies, championships, titles, and of course, inventing and immordalizing the Little Red Wagon original wheelstander into drag racing history.
And he wasn't a bad fisherman, 2 Louisiana state records, king mackerel.
I'm gonna miss ya Bill. We had a lot of laughs, and breathed a lot of nitro together..
RIP my friend... hit the chutes and take that final turn.

angel angel

Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Bill Maverick Golden of Little Red Wagon fame passed away. - 09/15/15 06:07 AM

Sorry to see this definitely one of the legends........ angel
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Bill Maverick Golden of Little Red Wagon fame passed away. - 09/15/15 06:47 AM

I seen him run in the LRW many times back in the
day at Detroit Dragway... RIP
wave
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Bill Maverick Golden of Little Red Wagon fame passed away. - 09/15/15 01:21 PM

Sad to hear. I saw him at our local track in 1968, I was 7. He broke something in the rear end and used parts out of my uncles brand new GTX. We got to hang out in the pits and he gave an autographed photo. Still one of the coolest track experiences I've ever had.

Gods speed Bill.
Posted By: prochamp

Re: Bill Maverick Golden of Little Red Wagon fame passed away. - 09/15/15 09:42 PM

my family and i were sad to hear this.we met bill several years ago at tri state dragway.very nice man.my kids spent the evening with him fishing in the nearby river after the day of racing.they were excited that they got to fish with Beel as they called him.my wife and i laugh over that memory to this day...
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Bill Maverick Golden of Little Red Wagon fame passed away. - 09/16/15 01:25 AM

Met Bill in Chicago at the Chicago model expo some years ago. He was promoting his new "little red wagon" model. He autographed a pic ( from the Garlits museum) for me.

Attached picture little red wagon1.jpg
Attached picture little red wagon2.jpg
Posted By: sleddinfool

Re: Bill Maverick Golden of Little Red Wagon fame passed away. - 09/16/15 03:10 AM

I saw a "little red wagon" just like that in Frankenmuth last weekend.. I noticed some type of goofy looking surfboard sticking out of the grill and wondered what it was for. Still don't know. Kevin
Posted By: Joesixpack

Re: Bill Maverick Golden of Little Red Wagon fame passed away. - 09/16/15 03:15 AM

The Showman! Took these at Great Lakes Dragaway.

Attached picture R1-03443-0006_0001.jpg
Attached picture R1-03443-0007.jpg

Re: Bill Maverick Golden of Little Red Wagon fame passed away. - 09/16/15 03:17 AM

He used to wheelie the entire length of the track!

Attached picture IMG_0002_NEW.jpg
Attached picture IMG_NEW_0002.jpg

Re: Bill Maverick Golden of Little Red Wagon fame passed away. - 09/16/15 03:19 AM

always had a smile and would talk your ear off!

Attached picture R1-03667-0022.jpg
Attached picture R1-03667-0031.jpg
Posted By: scottb

Re: Bill Maverick Golden of Little Red Wagon fame passed away. - 09/16/15 03:29 AM

Where did the truck ever end up
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Bill Maverick Golden of Little Red Wagon fame passed away. - 09/16/15 03:34 AM

Have seen Him run on many occasions, always a great show.....sad to hear of his passing R.I.P.

Rickster
Posted By: DragDart360

Re: Bill Maverick Golden of Little Red Wagon fame passed away. - 09/18/15 02:52 AM

I first saw him in the 69-70 time frame, awesome performer.
RIP Bill frown
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Bill Maverick Golden of Little Red Wagon fame passed away. - 09/19/15 03:26 AM

Originally Posted By scottb
Where did the truck ever end up
MANY TRUCKS. Like notable drag cars of the day, 3-4 was usually the average. Doubt if the original survived. Wheel standers were noted for crashing on a regular basis. The pic in my thread was taken at the Garlits museum in Ocala, Fl. in the 90's. For sure not the original.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Bill Maverick Golden of Little Red Wagon fame passed away. - 09/19/15 04:30 AM

When I saw it in 68 the seat was in the center. In the photo he gave me the seat was in the normal position. When I asked him about he told me the truck in the photo had been wrecked.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Bill Maverick Golden of Little Red Wagon fame passed away. - 09/19/15 06:54 AM

Another great one gone. RIP. Ron
Posted By: moparx

Re: Bill Maverick Golden of Little Red Wagon fame passed away. - 09/19/15 11:00 AM

my brother and i met bill at carlisle many, many years ago during a suprising down time when there were NO people around. we chatted for about 40 minutes and had someone take a pic of us together. what a gracious, humble , and super nice man he was ! he will be sadly missed ! angel
R[ace]. I.P. Bill !
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Bill Maverick Golden of Little Red Wagon fame passed away. - 09/22/15 04:36 PM

bummer , RIP angel
© 2024 Moparts Forums