Moparts

big block E street heads and hyd roller cam question

Posted By: Teamx

big block E street heads and hyd roller cam question - 09/01/15 12:17 PM

Could anyone advise if it would be ok to run a small hyd roller cam with 150 on the seat springs on the E street Edelbrock heads.
It says in the instuctions not for use with roller cams I think because the valve seats are made of a lesser different material.
I would like to run theese heads as they have the smaller 75cc chambers and that will get the comp where it needs to be. Thanks
Posted By: AndyF

Re: big block E street heads and hyd roller cam question - 09/01/15 05:41 PM

There is a 75cc Performer RPM head that is designed to work with hyd rollers. It costs a little bit more but I think that is becuase is comes with higher quality valves and seats.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: big block E street heads and hyd roller cam question - 09/01/15 06:58 PM

I have the small block chevy E street heads and you could not find a spring that would support a roller. The springs are small and light, .550 lift is about all mine will support.
I know this is apples to oranges but I would check the springs.

Re: big block E street heads and hyd roller cam question - 09/01/15 07:34 PM

Do you already have the E-street heads or are you trying to decide what to buy? Edelbrock has heads for hyd roller springs.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/mc/cylinder-heads/chrysler/performer-rpm-bb.shtml
Posted By: Teamx

Re: big block E street heads and hyd roller cam question - 09/03/15 11:36 AM

Thanks for the help,didnt know they made RPMS with a 75cc chamber will go with them.

Re: big block E street heads and hyd roller cam question - 09/03/15 05:50 PM

Yeah, hard to stay on top of all the parts that come out. I didn't know they were making 75cc RPM heads either until just recently when I saw a set at the engine builder. They worked pretty good on the 383 stroker that he had on the dyno.
Posted By: Rob C

Re: big block E street heads and hyd roller cam question - 09/10/15 02:59 PM

These would be good for low compression engines like the 400.
© 2024 Moparts Forums