Moparts

fuel injection?

Posted By: rustbucket

fuel injection? - 01/22/09 07:02 PM

Anybody body have a suggestion for for someone to contact about setting up CUSTOMIZED fuel injection on a race application. Any help would be appreciated!!
Posted By: BBR

Re: fuel injection? - 01/22/09 07:14 PM

Looky:

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...ge=1&topic=
Posted By: goldmember

Re: fuel injection? - 01/22/09 07:41 PM

TJ Tracy at Motorvation.com or Fastmanefi.com
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: fuel injection? - 01/22/09 08:36 PM

In a race application I sure like the simplicity of mech fuel injection...what fuel are you looking to run? Rons Fuel injection works awesome for sure.
Posted By: dart_73_br

Re: fuel injection? - 01/22/09 10:41 PM

I like very much my Megasquirt! But if you donīt know nothing about electronics... go away from it!

Very easy for engine tuning!

Itīs for the do it yourselfers!
Posted By: BobR

Re: fuel injection? - 01/22/09 11:33 PM

Job Spetter of The Turbo People. NO BETTER.
Posted By: Mopar_Rich

Re: fuel injection? - 01/23/09 12:26 AM

Quote:

Anybody body have a suggestion for for someone to contact about setting up CUSTOMIZED fuel injection on a race application. Any help would be appreciated!!

You mean you don't know about FAST Man EFI ???

www.fastmanefi.com
Posted By: Dragula

Re: fuel injection? - 01/23/09 02:54 AM

Quote:

So watcha building there 'rustbucket'?

Watcha need to know?

Re: fuel injection? - 01/23/09 03:38 AM

Rich,

Zooming around your site, and I got a question or two:

That TBI system, how many injectors does it have? At what angle are they in the throttle body?
How does it self tune when you might not know what A/F would make the most Hp in your particular engine?
Posted By: Mopar_Rich

Re: fuel injection? - 01/23/09 04:21 AM

Quote:

Rich,

That TBI system, how many injectors does it have? At what angle are they in the throttle body?
How does it self tune when you might not know what A/F would make the most Hp in your particular engine?

I'll be honest - I don't really like the TBI system. It's already a year late and the self tuning is ... well ... lets just say I'm picky. I feel any EFI system should run better than a carb and be tunable for better mileage etc. It's designed for mild engines that run at or near 14:1 most of the time, then it targets 12.7:1 at WOT.

Anyway - to your questions - 4 injectors at a slight downward angle but I don't know what the angle is.

FAST has still not formally released this product.

Re: fuel injection? - 01/24/09 05:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Rich,

I'll be honest - I don't really like the TBI system. It's already a year late and the self tuning is ... well ... lets just say I'm picky. I feel any EFI system should run better than a carb and be tunable for better mileage etc. It's designed for mild engines that run at or near 14:1 most of the time, then it targets 12.7:1 at WOT.

Anyway - to your questions - 4 injectors at a slight downward angle but I don't know what the angle is.

FAST has still not formally released this product.

That's too bad. I have yet to own a mopar that will run or idle at 14.0:1. Most of the milder Mopar engines would idle at 13.8:1, but as soon as you put it in gear it needed at least 13.3 to 13.1 to run...

Can you hook that TBI to the regular FAST computer and gain full functionality?

The reason I asked about the injector angle is at that fuel pressure, if its not a single plane, its going to kick some of the fuel back at the throttle blades. Not sure it would work on all applications unless an open spacer was used.
Posted By: hemidup

Re: fuel injection? - 01/24/09 07:17 PM

We built an EFI 605 using FAST. The engine put out 805hp/803 tq. FAST gave us total control with all perameters. The engine used 72 lb injector's on an Indy single plane and ran 13.5 a/f at idle and 12.7 at wot. We're currently building a 572 using the FAST. Great customer support also.

Re: fuel injection? - 01/25/09 06:07 AM

My 484 Hemi makes over 780hp with FAST...On pump gas.

[image][/image]
© 2024 Moparts Forums